Dr. Jeffrey Lyman MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

4.7

no change

February 20th, 2015
Meniscus tear
Dr Lyman was superb. His experience shines when it comes to correct evaluation of an issue, solution and procedural remediation of my meniscus.

October 16th, 2014
Love this doc!!
Dr. Lyman is very kind, caring, and down to earth. He explains things well and makes you feel at ease. Last year I broke off two 3cm. piece of cartilage in my knees. I came to Dr. Lyman for a second opinion after being told I would need some pretty gnarly surgery that I didn't want. Dr. Lyman told me he would go the conservative route first and just remove the loose bodies and clean my knees up. I respect him very much and I love that he is not all about pulling out the big guns first. He helped me a lot and although I'm looking at another surgery I am happy I tried the conservative route before. Highly recommend him!!

August 29th, 2014
ACL Replacement and Meniscus repair
Dr.Lyman was very respectful and thorough from start to finish. He put my mind at ease before and after surgery. My ACL has been torn for 14 years and I have seen 3 other local knee surgeon's who didn't even do a thorough exam just wanted to cut it open. Dr. Lyman was recommended to me by another one of his happy clients. His staff and himself are very comforting and knowledgeable. They were there for me through the whole process. My experience with Dr.Lyman and staff was a great! My recovery time was absolutely amazing. My PT was amazed to see on how fast my knee was recovering. I highly recommend The Lyman Knee Clinic! Thank you!!

July 31st, 2014
Very satisfied
I went to Dr. Lyman with a partially torn Achilles tendon for a second opinion after a different surgeon told me I needed surgery. Dr. Lyman told me that he did not think I needed surgery and that if I used physical therapy and rest that it would heal on its own. Over the next nine months after his recommendation my Achilles' tendon was completely healed without surgery and I started to run on it again and it's been very very solid ever since thank you Dr. Lyman for such excellent advice I would really recommend you to anyone!

January 25th, 2013
Bi-lateral Total Knee Replacement Patient
Dr. Lyman and his staff are wonderful. From the start until the 4 week post-surgery follow-up visit I was totally impressed with the level of caring, efficiency and information that was provided to me. I truly felt like I was the only patient they were treating. Dr. Lyman's skill as a surgeon is tremendous and his results speak for themselves. I have had numerous people state that the could not believe I had this type and extent of surgery within weeks of the actual event. This includes the staff in the PT office I go to. I am truly impressed but more importantly happy with my results.

April 5th, 2012
I'VE HAD SEVEN PREVIOUS KNEE SURGERIES. DR. LYMAN PERFORMED DOUBLE KNEE REPLACEMENT AND AT THREE WEEKS I'M WALKING WITHOUT ASSISTANCE. I CAN'T PUT INTO WORDS HOW IMPRESSED I AM WITH EVERY ASPECT OF LYMAN KNEE CLINIC. TRULY THE BEST OF THE BEST.

March 19th, 2012
Want an accuate diagnosis?
Any mobility questions? See Dr. Lyman.Your problems may/maynot be knees--even though that is where you experience most pain.He knows what he is doing and will give you an appropriate diagnosis.You will be treated with upmost respect, competence, and friendless. Go now ... don't wait if you have mobility issues!

January 12th, 2012
Love this doctor
Replaced both my knees. All I can say is love this doctor.

January 11th, 2012
Dr. Lyman is an excellet doctor who is highly regarded throughout our community and who really knows knees! I had both knees replaced at one time, a difficult surgery but it turned out extremely well. I was walking within 3 weeks and now, 6 weeks from surgery, have 134 degree flexion, which is outstanding. Dr. Lyman uses the latest technology to aid in proper alignment and the results are evident. He has my total confidence and I highly recommend him!

November 17th, 2011
I had the privilege of working for Dr. Lyman and am pleased to offer an inside view of his skill and care for his patients. Dr. Lyman performs an ACL repair unlike no other to say the least. I am not aware of an orthopedic surgeon in Arizona and perhaps in the country that performs such an impressive procedure. His patients do not require bracing post operatively as Dr. Lyman uses a technique for graft replacement that usually gives the patient more stability in the knee than they had pre-operatively. I have seen patients with multi ligament injuries that other orthopedic surgeons would not touch. Dr. Lyman repaired these extensive injuries and gave patients their lives back when many couldnt. Dr. Lymans knee replacement technique is, by joint replacement standards, clean and minimally invasive that offers an extremely low infection rate. Dr. Lyman communicates his specific protocol with the hospital staff and insists that his patients are given gold standard care by hospital staff.Dr. Lyman educates his office staff and insists that the care of his patients is the highest priority. I found him very generous with his time and we, as his office staff, were rarely faced with telling a patient that Dr. Lyman could not see them quickly. It was refreshing to offer patients an Old School approach to care with the use of the latest technology. Thank you Dr. Lyman for giving me a passion for orthopedics and teaching me so much. You validated my reasons for choosing a career in the medical field; We can make a difference in our patients healthcare and it is our responsibility to do so.

May 3rd, 2011
Bi-Lateral Replacement - I Couldn't be Happier
I am 57 years old and had two very bad knees for a long time. I decided to have them replaced and saw 3 surgeons. Two of them including Dr. Lyman said they would do both at once the third declined saying my knees were too bad. My entire experience with Dr. Lyman could not have been better, I was walking the day after surgery and golfing in 8 weeks. He and his staff have been outstanding throughout.

April 18th, 2011
Fast, effective
Diagnosis was fast, treatment plan was effecrtive, recovery from knee surgery was a bit tougher than expected, but final outcome was excellent.