Dr. Jeffrey Marks MD Patient Reviews

3.0

no change

January 27th, 2017
Uncaring, Rude, Offensive
On my first prenatal appointment Dr. Marks walked into my exam room while I was undressing WITHOUT KNOCKING or otherwise announcing he was about to enter the room. After seeing my reaction he left while rolling his eyes. He then performed a pap exam while initiating small talk with me. He insulted every response I gave to his intrusive questions about my family and job. I left the room crying. I approached the front desk crying and asked to see a female provider next time and they blew me off saying that I would have to see all providers in the practice. four weeks later I had a miscarriage. I called the office and let them know, then received a bill for the $3000 global delivery fee a few weeks later. The whole practice is a joke.

December 14th, 2016
Wouldnt recommend

October 11th, 2016
Happy Patient
My sister was referred by our primary care doctor to use Dr. Marks and she was very happy with his services. As a result, I decided to book my woman's wellness exam with him. Dr. Marks was very thorough in his examination and understanding about my family health history. The office staff, in particular the doctor's nurse, were friendly and professional.

July 11th, 2016
First time mother
This was one of the worst experiences I've had in my entire life let alone with a Doctor who is caring for a woman during her first pregnancy. My appointment was changed from my normal physician to Dr Marks. I cried during the whole exam. He was rough, with no care to my modesty. He was snappy with both me and the nurse because I did not know which genetic tests had been run already. He told me that since my Pap smear had come back abnormal that I would most likely have to terminate my pregnancy before he had even examined me. There were no explanations or warnings during the exam. None of the usual ' this might be a little cold" or " you may feel some pressure here" Just rough surprise after rough surprise. When he couldn't find the baby's heart beat after some time with the Doppler, after unnecessarily exposing my privates without warning, he told me to stop worrying, he heard it kick. When he was done with the exam, he said to me while I laid exposed and sobbing was '"Fun, Fun, Fun till her daddy takes her T-Bird away" He didn't not offer a tissue or even a kind look. No condolences or best/worst case scenarios. Do NOT trust this man, he is a psychopath.

April 4th, 2016
Find someone else
Awful experience and I have seen at least 7 gynecologists in my lifetime

March 22nd, 2016
Don't do it.
This man is awful. Rude, rough and completely detached. Don't do it. Go somewhere else.

October 23rd, 2015
Confidence
After seeing several doctors in this facility, I chose Dr. Marks to deliver my 2nd child via C-section. I can understand people thinking he is arrogant, but this is exactly why I chose him. He is very confident in his abilities, and I would not want it any other way. He is easy to talk to, and he is "real". He didn't use technical medical terms with me that I couldn't understand. He gave me the bottom line. He does not walk on eggshells around people, and says things like it is. No sugar-coating. It may not sound professional, but when he told me "I can do this with my eyes closed", I was sold. The other thing I like about him is that when he went over the list of tests that were recommended to me to take, he crossed out a bunch of them so I wouldn't waste my money (some of the same results could be found in just 1 test rather than taking a few different ones). He also correctly diagnosed an issue that other doctors misdiagnosed. Finally, during the c-section, his "dad-like" character came out, and he made me feel comforted when I was having serious anxiety. If you're looking for someone confident, straight forward, and talks to you like a real person, not just the next job, he's your guy.

April 29th, 2015
DO NOT WASTE YOUR TIME ON THIS MAN
I was referred to this office by a doctor I used to work for. I was told Dr Marks "knew his stuff". If I could only go back now. He has been the WORST Dr I have ever meet and if you care anything about yourself you will not go to him!!!! I first started seeing DR Marks after I had a m/c thinking he could help me figure out why I keep having m/c. My first appt he came in to the room no computer no pen or paper not even a chart, he asked me why I was there after I told him my long history, he just said "well next time you come in we will do blood work on you". That was pretty much it he walked out of room like he was in a hurry he didn't ask me no questions. I made another appt to see him thinking this appt would be a consult and he would do that blood work he talked about last visit, well I get into a room the medical assistant has me get undressed, confused I asked her why she said "oh this is your annual"....I said no I'm just here for a consult he was going to do labs today, she just said nose he has you here for you annual and asked me again to get undressed. I then tell the MA that I just had my Pap smear 3 months prior and it was normal so I was not going to have it done again, she said she would have to talk to him. She leaves I get undressed then 30 mins later they both walked in I told him I WAS not getting another Pap smear so he did a pelvic exam on me ( why I don't know) and did a breast exam with my bra on! How are you going to do a actual breast exam with a bra on that's pulled over the breast? All he did was squeeze them this was no breast exam as I work in the medical field and have had to be In The rooms while dr are doing them, he never asked me to take my bra off. After that was over I asked him about my blood work and he acted like he didn't remember and said " oh you will have to come in a few months for that". I was so angry that I left thinking I would not be back. I ended up getting the labs ordered but he still wanted me to wait a few months before doing them, he had his medical assistant put in the labs that he supposedly wanted. I left there with a lab slip of 18 labs ordered. I didn't wait a few months to do theses I went a month later to lab and had all 18 labs done. After waiting for a phone call for 3 weeks regarding my lab results, I finally gave in and called to see about them his MA called me back letting me know all labs was normal. After all this I still swore I was going to find another Gyn but then before I did I found out I was pregnant again, it had been 5 months since I had a m/c I called his office as soon as I found out and asked if DR marks would call in progesterone as we had d/s at my first appt with him, to my shock he responded promptly and had his MA send this to my pharmacy and that day I scheduled my consult with him again since finding out I was pregnant. Later that same day the pharmacy called letting me know that the progesterone was callers in wrong so I kindly called his MA back and let her know that she sent the Rx in wrong she got angry with me saying " why should I call the pharmacy, I sent it in right", I very calmly asked her again then she put me on hold got back in to tell me she was sorry but she did send it in wrong... I know mistakes happen but come on. So that Thursday I went in fir my consult after waiting 40 mins in the room and there's actual a computer in this room cause I starred at it fir 40 mins waiting on him in awe that he had his full schedule there with all the people coming in that day I saw first and last names and what they was coming in for...Huge HIPPA violation! So when he finally comes in he asked me why I was there and how any times I have seen him??? He then started going over the 18 labs I had done months before as he was going over these he keep saying " I've never heard of this lab before" I'm think what the heck you're the one who had the MA put those orders in and you have no idea what they are...I was not happy at all and then the ones he wanted she dint even order so after the short literally 5 min appt he walked me out to lobby and asked a MA to draw my blood the ones that she forgot to order months ago. She takes me to lab and I notice she's only drawing one tube for 3 different types test and he being in healthcare I knew she should of pro drew more but I was trying to give her benefit of doubt. This was Thursday well that Sunday I started spotting no pain so I called Monday morning to see if I could come in to see Dr Marks d/t spotting and they got me right in (shocker). On my way to his office his other office in Tampa called to tell me that the " lab probably spilled some of my blood because they didn't have enough to test the labs". I was so emotinal by now by the spotting and then her calling to try and tell me if was the labs mistake??? Come on lady there's no way the lab spilled my blood it was because she DIDNT DRAW ENOUGH BLOOD! I get to the office and then had to wait a hour on him because he was it even there yet and it was 10am. He walks in the room no computer no chart no pen and he asked me " so what did we see on the sonogram last Friday" I was so angry and said first of all I was here last Thursday and you didn't do a sonogram cause it was broke last Thursday! He then tells me they will do one today he walks out of the room to take a look at the 1 out of three labs that did come back from last Thursday cause he didn't review them prior to coming In my room...the MA takes me to the sonogram room and I'm thinking the whole time that my dr Dr marks will be doing the US but oh now he has someone else there to do it. She did the U.S. And was not able to see a thing no sac, I was devastated! I went back to the room he walks back in to tell me what I already knew that she didn't see anything ( he went by what she said without taking a look him self to confirm). He then wanted to make jokes during this devastating time. I was so ready to leave and I promise this time I will NEVER go back I wouldn't take my dog to see this selfish, cocky, ignorant man. It's been 3 days and I still have not heard the results from my lab he was suppose to be keeping a eye out fir my HCG levels to make sure they come back down to normal but this man does not care about me or I think anyone else. I felt like I was treated like someone with no insurance or money. He has no heart and I have no idea why his chose to be a dr cause he's the worst ever and I'm very easy to please. Do not see this so called doctor if you care about yourself!

September 22nd, 2014
WARNING
A couple of weeks ago I decided to give Doctor Jeffrey J Marks a try. After waiting almost 2 hours to see him, he came in and sat down and impatiently asked me what I was there for and looked at me with an inconsiderate, impatient and very insensitve look on his face. It made it so difficult to tell him what I was there for. Its already very difficult for me to explain vaginal issues to any stranger so a gentle, reassuring, senstive doctor is appreciated. I think any man in this particular profession working with women should understand that it takes a sensitivity and a soft touch. Dr. Marks was rude and impatient which made me literally start to tear up and he said to me " I dont understand why you're having this reaction and dont know if you're just a super anxious person or if you're in pain or what but Ive never seen a patient react like this." I have NEVER had a doctor say something like this to me EVER. I wanted to give him the benefit of the doubt so I let them schedule me for a follow up with him. I ended up having symptoms from the medicine that was prescribed and needed to come back sooner. When I called to schedule the appointment I asked if I could see a female Doctor instead becuase I would feel more comfortable after my last experience. The woman on the phone put me on hold for 10 minutes and came back to tell me that "it wouldnt be an issue but once I switched to the female doctor I would HAVE to stick with her because they cant have this BACK AND FORTH between doctors." You have to be kidding me. I cancelled all future appointments and I am going to another Doctor. That was terrible in my opinion.

December 2nd, 2013
not impressed
This doctor was recommended to me so being new to the area i was feeling good about seeing him. Bad Choice, the first clue was waiting over an hour, but okay, i thought maybe he is with other patients.....except 45 minutes into the wait i happened to look out the window because a sports car came barrelling into the lot , guess who that turned out to be......that seemed to explain all the whispering going on in the office window. although everyone there "just loves him" when it was finally my turn after all of the upscale ladies dripping in their Liz Clairborn and Ralph Loren were seen, the doctor came into the room and sat down and rapid fired about 30 questions at me, of course you can't answer them as fast as he (who has memorized the questions) asks them so i was always about 2 behind. So he picked and chose what answes went were it seemed. when he asked me if i did cocain or other illegal drugs i said no. i had answered yes to a question about 2 or 3 ahead of that , so he turned around and said Oh so you do drugs huh? I just looked at him and said No, but by that time he had already asked 2 more questions. How the heck do you fill out someone's medical information when you take information like that? I kind of get what he was trying to do, to trip someone up, but on the other hand how do you have an accurate file for a person if you don't listen to what they are saying? which is part of my next point. we had agreed on a procedure that i was to have, He showed up over an hour late to the outpatient center, the nurses (several of them) all said Oh, You have Dr Marks, he is never on time! I had to be there before 6am for a 8am surgery and he wasnt even going to get there on time? what was the point? but i digress. He did the surgery, it went fine, but he did not correct another issue that we had talked about during my exam. I was very upset. He however, did not even remember talking about doing it. Gee, i wonder why.. To top everything else off, my records came back from the lab with a mistake showing that I had HIV, instead of HPV, and he brushed it off because it was just a typo. I agree that it was an easy error to make, but HE SHOULD have insisted that they correct it. He did not care at ALL, just shrugged his shoulders when he read it. of course it wasnt his record, or his wife or family member, and it would not come up later in his life possibly preventing him from getting insurance or work etc, so who cares? not the doctor. between the initial appointment and 2 follow ups i saw him 3x's which was 3x's to many arrogant, discouteous if i could give him a minus 0 i would

June 6th, 2013
In 1993 Dr. Marks delivered my child 2 months premature...weighing 2.10. A red flag should have been raised since my 2 prior pregnancies were complicated (delivered by different dr's) and I had pre-eclampsia with both. He blew that off from day one. When I had my first (and only) ultrasound (performed by him) he told me "the baby was small for it's gestational age...but don't worry about it, you're small". Needless to say, the next time I saw him my BP started to rise. He said just take it easy...right, with 2 other children. The next time I saw him they weren't getting much movement during a stress test, so they gave me chocolate to eat to see if the baby would start to get more active. Still not another ultrasound was done. He said "track the movement at home & call if you don't feel much within a certain time frame." Within 2 days I wasn't feeling movement from am until about 3 pm...I called his office & they said to go to the hospital. The baby's heartbeat kept coming & going & he had to do an emergency c-section. My baby only weighed 2lbs 10oz...he should have been at least 4 lbs. You think the 5 month ultrasound was any indication that something was wrong? It sure should have been. Luckily my son lived, after 2 months in the hospital...he had some learning disabilities, but we're lucky it wasn't more. Run as fast as you can!

July 28th, 2011
Don't mind a wait time!
If a doctor is running late on appointments I'm ok with that b/c it shows he is taking his time with patients and not rushing through to beat a clock. I always recommend Dr Marks! He had the best bedside manner during the birth of my 2 children. Thanks Dr. Marks!!!