Ophthalmologist
North Shore Eye Care
260 E Main St Ste 201
Smithtown, NY 11787
(631) 265-8780
Locations and availability (6)

|  I'm impressed (will be back for my Hearing)  |  show details
Nov 18th, 2012

I was very Impressed with not only the doctor but the staff as well.... They where great at helping my get my DMV form filled out and sent in on timeThanks Again Dr.Martin and Staff

|  Excellent LASIK experience - Very Happy  |  show details
Nov 16th, 2012

I had a wonderful experience when I had my lasik surgery done by Dr. Martin. He was very thorough with his explanation on the procedure. He answered all of my questions. He was extremely nice and professional. I was very happy with my results and I will be recommending him to my friends. If you're considering laser eye surgery, this is the doctor you should go see.

|  Delighted  |  show details
Nov 16th, 2012

A friend of mine recently had LASIK at North Shore Eye Care & has been raving that its the best thing she's ever done. Knowing my Grandmother has recently moved to the area & seriously needed an Ophthalmologist due to her cataracts I recommended her to their office. They were very accomidating with her she file & saw her right away. She has dice had both cataracts taken care of through North Shore Eye Care. I'd recommend anyone here, they really know what they're doing, & the staff is so polite.

|  Nicole Ann  |  show details
Nov 16th, 2012

From the moment I walked into the office I was amazed at the professionalism I saw. From the front desk, to the technicians and most importantly the Dr. Dr. Jeffrey Martin is caring and very knowledgeable. I felt completely at ease with having him do my LASIK surgery. I had been to numerous other LASIK evals, and kept putting it off because I was never entirely comfortable with anyone. Until I met Dr. Martin. He answered all my questions with detailed answers, and his bedside manner really helped the day of surgery. I would recommend him to any and all who are interested.

|  No Thanks  |  show details
Nov 8th, 2012

I went to Dr. Martin's office for a LASIK consult. My experience was definitely not worth the wait. First and foremost it felt like a factory and I was a statistic. Secondly, I felt like I was wasting his time and rushed. His bedside manner is questionable and he was a bit pompous. He may be a good MD but maybe if he was less concerned about the marketing aspect of LASIK and more about my actual case then I would have chosen him since the price was right. I'd rather spend the extra money somewhere else where the physician actually cares about the patient.

|  Sharon from Smithtown  |  show details
Jul 14th, 2012

Dr.Jeffry Martin is a wonderful and caring physician. I had used his father Dr. Syndey Martin who recently passed away. However, like father like son I had a very detailed work up at this visit.Office staff is wonderful!!

|  Wait time is horrible  |  show details
Jun 30th, 2012

I did not feel welcome Fran the front desk person is not nice at all gives everyone an attitude by the time I got to see the doctor it was 3 hour wait and he was to quick with my exam and over book way to many patient!! I will never recommend this place to anyone !!!!

|  Excellent care...  |  show details
Feb 2nd, 2012

Dr. Jeff Martin performed my LASIK surgery with amazing results. He reviewed the procedure details during my pre-op visit, and answered all of my questions. During the surgery, Dr. Martin talked me through each stage, and encouraged me. He is a very confident doctor with superb bedside maneer. I felt very relaxed throughout the process of pre-op preparation (his office staff is very friendly), and the actual surgery. His office exudes an air of professionalism, and is very well run. I was completely satisfied with North Shore Eye Care and the quality of care I received from Dr. Jeff Martin.

Feb 8th, 2011

Dr.Martin is an unbelievable doctor.His love for his profession is easily noticeable. His bedside manner and the care that he takes with the patients is truly refreshing to see. Dr.Martin makes you feel at ease and does not hesitate to answer any questions you may have. I have decided to have Lasik surgery based upon myexperience at North Shore Eyecare. From the moment I was greeted on the phone and had my exam I knew I had made the best decision to go forward with my Lasik eye surgery. I wish Dr.Martin continued health and success and will recommend him to friends and family.

Feb 6th, 2011

Dr Martin is a wonderful doctor who has a superb bedside manner and was very patient in answering any questions that I had during my exam. He is extremely knowledgeable and never rushed me though my examination. Cataracts, Lasik or general eye conditions ... I highly recommend Dr Martin for all of your eye care needs....

by Maria S. on Feb 6th, 2011

I find Dr. Martin to be attentive to his patients and listens to their concerns and addresses them. His staff is proficient and very courteous. Definitely a very comfortable environment. As for waiting time during a visit it all depends on the case load of patients. There have been times when I've had to wait longer than I've wanted to but I have also been attended sooner than expected. I believe that this is the case for most doctor's offices.

Feb 5th, 2011

Dr. Jeffrey Martin is a very caring doctor will answer all your questions and will never rush you out of the office. I had surgery last year with Dr. Martin and he knew i was very nervous and he made sure i was comfortable and talked to me through the whole procedure. He is a great doctor and person. I would recommend Dr. Martin to anyone.

Feb 5th, 2011

Dr. Martin has been taking care of my eyes for years, and quite often recently since my recurrent corneal erosion. I can always count on him to give me his best medical opinion.

Feb 5th, 2011

I recently had Lasik by Dr. Martin and it was a wonderful experience. I was so nervous to get the procedure done and Dr. Martin talked me through the whole thing. He is very soft spoken and has a wonderful bedside manor.

Feb 2nd, 2011

My experience at Dr J. Martin's office was an overall pleasant one. Having your eyes examined can be quite scarry. I found him to be very caring and very thorough. He took plenty of time in examining my eyes and certainly made sure I understood the outcome of his complete evaluation. I would certainly send anyone to this office as everyone was very pleasant and professional

Jan 29th, 2011

Worst experience everWouldn't go back if my sight depended on it

Jan 26th, 2011

As a patient I highly recommend Dr Jeffrey Martin. He is very caring, excellent at diagnosing my condition of Uveitis and never makes you feel he is rushing to the next patient. He takes the time to address his patients concerns. His staff is extremely friendly, treating me like family on my many visits to his office. I would highly recommend Dr Jeffrey Martin .

Jan 3rd, 2011