Dr. Jeffrey Mechanick MD Patient Reviews

• Endocrinology, Diabetes and Metabolism New York, NY

3.6

August 18th, 2016
Excellent physician
Perhaps you have to wait for an appointment and maybe in the office at times. It is well worth it. He has treated two people in my family and I think he is phenomenal. He diagnosed the issue and treated successfully. I have only the highest respect for him. He is a rare breed of Doctor a genius and great at figuring out your issue I have him five stars cause it's worth the wait

January 27th, 2016
Dr Mechanik took very little time with me or attempted to understand my situation. Basically he told me that I was just eating too much and not exercising. I think that is unfair and a cursory blanket response to a problem. He wasn't acknowledging that I work out at least 5 days a week plus I am an athlete. I ride four days a week as an equestrian. sp(separate for 5 day workouts). Furthermore I follow a strict no carb diet that centers on chicken and vegetables. I rarely do dairy. In addition I have been diagnosed with a slow metabolism. Some of my anorexic friends even worry that I eat less than they do. However Dr Mechaniks sole advice to me was to cut back on my eating. I felt it was a cookie cutter diagnosis and he did not evaluate me as a unique individual.

January 10th, 2016
Avoid This Doctor
He isan extremely arrogant man, spent no more than 10 minutes, made the wrong diagnosis. Meanwhile, he doesn't accept Insurance, only cash or credit card and is expensive (cost me $500)

January 1st, 2016
Terrible Doctor
I waited for over 90 minutes to see him. He gave me a full 5 minutes of his time and I don't believe that he was listening to me when describing my ailment.

October 15th, 2015
Closest thing to a scientist I've found in a doctor. Dr. Mechanick knows his stuff when it comes to nutrition and how the human body functions.

June 20th, 2013
patint
he is a discosting Dr he behaves like an animal and treats patients with disrespect the wait was almost 2 hours i would not recomend anybody

October 16th, 2012
money, publicity
Thats what this doctor is all about nothing about caring of his patients

May 12th, 2012
I've been going to Dr. Mechanick for years, despite the fact that my insurance company does not have him on its rolls. Whenever I tried someone else, I was so disappointed, I came back. He's the top. I've had thyroid problems, and I finally got the care I needed when I found him. Before that, I was mismanaged by two other doctors! I give him my highest recommendation.

March 5th, 2012
Self absorbed Doctor
I felt some sort of tightness around my neck area...he was highly recommended by his peers...so I went. The receptionis was obnoxious!!!!...No manners...Dr Mekanick was very stylish..dressed well...before I could talk ...he was answering a phone call from his blackberry...at the same time feeling my neck around...when he was done with his phone call..he said that I was fine...that's it!!!..I left the office feeling bewildered!!!

October 26th, 2011
Dr. Mechanick Saved My Life
I actually love Dr. Mechanick. He's the first endocronologist to take my condition seriously. I spent six weeks in the hospital hovering between life and death and I saw him every day. He always answered my questions and didn't sugar coat the issue. He's recognized as a genius among his peers. While I have had some problems with my staff handling my insurance (He DOES accept insurance Medicare only). But in my opinion that's the staffs fault, not his. He was the only doctor willing to help me and see beyond what all the other doctors saw. He properly diagnosed me and saved my life. Years later he is STILL my endocronologist and I trust him with my life. Without him I wouldn't be here today and I thank God every day for leading me to his office. I don't see him as cocky. I see him as capable and confident. Not every doctor is for every patient, but he really was great for me and fought for me every step of the way. This isn't a doctor I recommend you see for normal cases of diabetes and thyroid disease. I recommend him for difficult cases that no one else seems to be able to understand or get a handle on. He's not someone you go to to simply maintain your health and sugar intake. He's someone you go to when you can't figure out what is wrong and you are on your deathbed. He promised me when we met that he wouldn't let me die and he's kept that promise with a lot of hard work. He's the best and that's why he costs so much if you don't have Medicare. If you have no Medicare be prepared to pay six hundred easy for a visit without tests. If you're as sick as I was the money is worth it.

September 26th, 2011
I have nothing to say about Dr.Mechanick other than he cured me. He is very cocky. It is part of his charm. It goes with his bow ties and sparkly grey blue eyes. He is really smart, writes books on his subjects,and for a "cold" "businessman" what else did people say...he is the sort of person who pioneered better nutrition for bedridden patients in hospital. Like he cares if elderly patients get bed sores and advocates for their better care. If he didn't spend time with you, you aren't very sick.

August 24th, 2011
Terrible staff
The doctor has a very high reputation, and overall it may be true (as far as I can tell). I do have to say that his staff was terrible: charged me for exams that did NOT take place (and the only way for me to prove that was that they were unable to provide the results of that specific test they claimed had taken place in their office. Never apologized for that mistake and the several hundred dollars of charges I had that were eventually reimbursed to me). They misspelled my name several times, as well as writing my address wrongly, so much so that my insurance did not pay for the blood work. They were rude, with bad manners, unapologetic, and basically unprepared to run an upscale, or even a low key, medical office. Charges are also very very high, and no insurance is accepted).