Dr. Jeffrey Meehan MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.9

November 24th, 2015
Above and beyond
I agree with the other comments that Dr. Meehan is thorough and knowledgeable although businesslike. I've had a couple of experiences, however, that showed me that he is more than that. Once I had unexplainable fever and weakness and he kept me in the office for several hours while he ran various tests and checked on me. Another time I cut my finger while cooking just before his closing time; I begged him to just see me to tell me whether I needed to get stitches, so I could avoid a trip to the ER (and calling off the dinner party I was cooking for) if it wasn't necessary. He waited BEYOND closing time till I could get there, and then stitched me up himself. These incidents both happened over 15 years ago, but they left me confident that Dr. Meehan would doggedly do whatever was required to keep me healthy.

January 29th, 2014
Very professional
First of all, over the years he's never kept me waiting for an appointment. I appreciate that. He seems to know his stuff and keeps up on new developments in medical trends. If he doesn't know for sure, he will recommend a visit to a specialist. He's friendly and very courteous but businesslike, which is fine with me. I don't need a friend, I need a doctor.

April 26th, 2013
Prompt, professional, caring and thorough
I have been Dr Meehan's patient for well over a decade and like him so well, that I have sent in 1/2 a dozen family members and a few friends, to see him as well. Initially I saw Dr Meehan, because he had multiple appointments available, on the same day, and I could not wait to see my regular doctor! At first, I thought that might be a bad sign, but over time, I came to realize that he is the best kept secret at his clinic. He is just efficient! And obviously, I switched doctors. These are the things I have come to expect from Dr Meehan: 1) multiple availabilities for same-day appointments!!! 2) called into office AND seen within minutes of your arrival 3) prompt and professional - he comes in, addresses your issues, examines you, diagnoses or issues lab tests and/or referrals, and gives you a plan of action (Basically, as someone else said in their review, if you expect a lot of hand-holding, he is not the doctor to see -- but if you are about having an efficient, professional, and competent/knowledgable doctor, he is it) Btw, I am one who does expect a lot of hand-holding, but despite the fact that he is not one to do so, I do know that he is a caring and compassionate doctor, because of the way he treats me as an individual person and patient and recalls precise details about my medical history - even in his very own cut & dry demeanor. 4) fantastic follow-up (he will call, mail, email) your results or follow-up questions, as soon as he has them...even if they are perfectly fine/normal 5) while he spends little time with his patients (you're in, you're seen, you're out - not a lot of time for pleasantries and idle chit chat, which I really appreciate in a busy day), he does NOT rush you and he makes sure that he has addressed all your concerns - and will ask you, each and every time, as you are about to be finished, if you have any other concerns or questions that you would like to discuss. All in all, I would say this is a person that I want for me as a doctor and who I trust my "medical life" with. Unfortunately, I have learned the hard way, that hand-holding does not always give you the best results...just a nice, warm, fuzzy feeling inside, that turns into serious problems later. I'll do without the hand-holding to receive Dr Meehan's professional, prompt, caring, thorough, and medically sound care.

July 20th, 2011
Very thorough with great follow up
Dr. Meehan is methodical and results oriented in his practice. He is businesslike in his demeanor, so if you want someone to hold your hand a commiserate with you, find another Doctor. If you want a diagnosis, facts and a plan of action - he's your guy.

April 13th, 2011
excellent follow-up
When abnormal lab results came in when I was out of town, Dr. Meehan tracked me down and called my hotel. Thorough and thoughtful treatment.

July 16th, 2010
Heart attack
When walked in with severe chest, back, arm pain the nursing staff on duty, the Dr. & the EKG personal were very unresponsive & very slow.