Dr. Jeffrey Mendelson MD Patient Reviews

3.9

• Good
  • Bad

August 3rd, 2016
Easy to understand as he takes time to explain condition, options, and surgeries. I've moved out of the area now and I wish I were closer because I need another knee replacement. The surgery was better than I anticipated but the physical therapy was another story.

June 28th, 2016
More time spent with PA. 3 surgeries 3 infections. 2 surgeries had to be re done. Sloppy work. I'm done.

March 21st, 2016
Great doctor!
Livonia office. Easy to make appointments. Office staff courteous and efficient. Dr. Mendelson spends time explaining treatment plan and progress. Very knowledgeable and easy to talk to. I've had both of my knees replaced by him (one was a revision originally done by another surgeon with a poor outcome - Dr. Mendelson corrected the problem and I'm doing very well) and I couldn't be happier with my care and the function of my knees. Having progressive osteoarthritis can be very disheartening at times...I always leave an appointment with Dr. Jeffrey feeling hopeful and positive. Very caring man. I recommend him to anyone I encounter that is in need of an orthopedic surgeon.

October 1st, 2015
Wait time exceeded 2 hours on 1 occasion. I would not recommend using this doctor unless you enjoy sitting around for a prolonged period of time.

September 1st, 2014
Big Disappointment regarding time!
I have used on line physician reviews for many doctors that I now how. I'm excited to read reviews about doctors that have high reviews, but disappointed when I read about long, long wait times. There can only be so many reasons for this: unforeseen emergencies, or over-booking patients. The latter is usually the problem. I will not even give a doctor a chance when I read over and over that patients must wait 1-3 hours to see the dr. for usually a 10 minute visit. I think doctors should be reported (somewhere) when this is a common occurrence. My time as a patient is valuable, too. If I arrive an hour late-would you see me? How about 1/2 hr- or just 20 minutes? Heck no-you would make the patient reschedule and possibly charge a late fee. Why is it ok then, for a doctor to make his patients wait HOURS to be seen? It's not ok-and the only thing we can do, is find another doctor. One that believes that a patients time is important too. STOP overbooking! Allow your patients enough time to discuss their concerns without feeling like a number. After reading the many complaints on this forum regarding EXCESSIVE wait times for patients-I will not even give this doctor an opportunity to be my doctor. I would advise others to do the same! Please realize that I have not seen this doctor-I'm going strictly by what I've read from other reviews/patients!

December 24th, 2013
Excellent doctor and surgeon; office management not strong suit.
To start I have nothing but respect and positive things to say about the Mendelson Kornblum proactive doctors . They are excellent in their fields of practice. However in their efforts to see many patients and handle many cases they need a few courses in practice management. It is normal to arrive on time or early for your appointment and not be brought into an exam room for 90 minutes. While in the exam room you commonly wait an additional 30-45 minutes to be seen by the doctor.

March 18th, 2013
Good but no respect for your time
He is knowledgeable. Does good work. ALWAYS takes 4 hours or more to be seen

April 26th, 2012
Excellent doctor
Dr. Mendelson did a fantastic job and I highly recommend him. He lives and breathes this stuff, there is no one better!

April 12th, 2012
Not warm and fuzzy
I heard that Dr Mendelson was the best of the best. This may be true but he is not a very personable guy. He comes off very arrogant in my opinion. My first appt with him I waited one hour to hear him tell me what I already knew and he wasnt even very kind about it. At the time of my surgery, he came into my pre-op room and did not even acknowledge my husband who was sitting there right next to me! He went over small details with me and left the room. And needless to say after my surgery he called my husband on the hospital phone instead of meeting face to face to tell him how i did. Every other doctor met with the patients family but him in the waiting room. Really? this is how you treat your patients?He may be good at what you do but he needs a course in bedside manners!

October 25th, 2010
My Angel!
He was gentle and right on the money when it came to replacing my left knee. He promised me hardly any pain and he delivered. He promised me that I would be up and around within 2 wks. and he delivered. He also did a marvelous job on my rotator cuff on my right shoulder and I expect he will do the same awesome job on my left shoulder.

January 19th, 2017