Surgical Specialist
14555 Levan Rd
Ste 215
Livonia, MI 48154
734-542-0200
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

Some ratings provided by Yahoo. DrScore.
 |  Big Disappointment regarding time!  |  show details
by LexieK on Aug 31st, 2014

I have used on line physician reviews for many doctors that I now how. I'm excited to read reviews about doctors that have high reviews, but disappointed when I read about long, long wait times. There can only be so many reasons for this: unforeseen emergencies, or over-booking patients. The latter is usually the problem. I will not even give a doctor a chance when I read over and over that patients must wait 1-3 hours to see the dr. for usually a 10 minute visit. I think doctors should be reported (somewhere) when this is a common occurrence. My time as a patient is valuable, too. If I arrive an hour late-would you see me? How about 1/2 hr- or just 20 minutes? Heck no-you would make the patient reschedule and possibly charge a late fee. Why is it ok then, for a doctor to make his patients wait HOURS to be seen? It's not ok-and the only thing we can do, is find another doctor. One that believes that a patients time is important too. STOP overbooking! Allow your patients enough time to discuss their concerns without feeling like a number. After reading the many complaints on this forum regarding EXCESSIVE wait times for patients-I will not even give this doctor an opportunity to be my doctor. I would advise others to do the same! Please realize that I have not seen this doctor-I'm going strictly by what I've read from other reviews/patients!

|  Excellent doctor and surgeon; office management not strong suit.  |  show details
by Robert H on Dec 23rd, 2013

To start I have nothing but respect and positive things to say about the Mendelson Kornblum proactive doctors . They are excellent in their fields of practice. However in their efforts to see many patients and handle many cases they need a few courses in practice management. It is normal to arrive on time or early for your appointment and not be brought into an exam room for 90 minutes. While in the exam room you commonly wait an additional 30-45 minutes to be seen by the doctor.

|  Good but no respect for your time  |  show details
Mar 18th, 2013

He is knowledgeable. Does good work. ALWAYS takes 4 hours or more to be seen

|  Excellent doctor  |  show details
Apr 25th, 2012

Dr. Mendelson did a fantastic job and I highly recommend him. He lives and breathes this stuff, there is no one better!

|  Not warm and fuzzy  |  show details
Apr 12th, 2012

I heard that Dr Mendelson was the best of the best. This may be true but he is not a very personable guy. He comes off very arrogant in my opinion. My first appt with him I waited one hour to hear him tell me what I already knew and he wasnt even very kind about it. At the time of my surgery, he came into my pre-op room and did not even acknowledge my husband who was sitting there right next to me! He went over small details with me and left the room. And needless to say after my surgery he called my husband on the hospital phone instead of meeting face to face to tell him how i did. Every other doctor met with the patients family but him in the waiting room. Really? this is how you treat your patients?He may be good at what you do but he needs a course in bedside manners!

|  Dr . Jeff Mendelson , my personal opinion  |  show details
Mar 26th, 2012

Dr. Jeff Mendelson , has been my doctor since 2005 . I have had numberous ortho problems . I have the utmost respect for "Dr. Jeff", as he is so fondly referred to as . He is smart , knowledgeable , compassionate , did I mention , smart ?? I have always been able to sit with him and ask ANY question about any of my issues and he has ALWAYS, gladly, sat and answered them for me .He has done , 5 out of 51 surgeries I have had . I can truly say , besides my spinal surgeon, ( who recommended Dr. Jeff , for my 1st shoulder surgery)Doctor Mendelson is the best of the best . In all areas of practice from A-Z !! His surgeries are the least invasive type and he will make sure you will have the minimal amount of pain , possible !! In my case , 2 of my 5 I had NO PAIN at all !!I can not say enough , positive things about him . He is a true blessing and he will take care of your fear of the unknown , when it comes to any problems you have . Requiring surgery or NOT !!GO DOC JEFF !!!!Sincerely ,Martha Eichbauer

|  Unprofessional  |  show details
by JRP on Mar 30th, 2011

Dr. Jeffrey Mendelson seems to be a good surgeon & is very knowledgeable in his expertise. Unfortunately, the staff members & nurses that run his office at St. Mary's Hospital in Livonia are disrespectful, rude, & utilize the "not my problem" attitude with all patients. Average wait time to get into a patient room is 1-2 hrs. Average wait time to actually see the doctor is 1-3 hrs. Dr. Mendelson only spends 5 minutes with each patient & offers very little details or information that would be helpful to a patient's recovery. Dr. Jeffrey Mendelson performed knee surgery on me in June 2010. Since then I have had 5 follow-up appointments all of which caused me to miss 2 hrs of work & absolutely nobody that works in that office is respectful to the patients. Yesterday I waited 2 hours in the waiting room & never got called into a room. I witness a young lady walk out of her appointment after an hour because the doctor never came in the room to see her. I was forced to end my relationship with this doctor as they refused to place me in a room even though I had an appointment. DO NOT go here!

|  My Angel!  |  show details
Oct 25th, 2010

He was gentle and right on the money when it came to replacing my left knee. He promised me hardly any pain and he delivered. He promised me that I would be up and around within 2 wks. and he delivered. He also did a marvelous job on my rotator cuff on my right shoulder and I expect he will do the same awesome job on my left shoulder.

|  show details
Jun 30th, 2008 on yahoo.com

Dr. Jeffrey Mendelson is the best there is. I had surgery on my left knee 18 months ago for a torn ACL (problem for five years) and I've had absolutely no pain since. Surgery was un-evasive as can be.

Read Full Review at yahoo.com