Dr. Jeffrey Nacht Is this you?

6 Ratings with 1 Comment

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

Showing 6 Ratings with 1 Comment

October 27th, 2009

Are all orthopaedic doctors this terrible?

I've been to see Dr. Nacht 4 times regarding an undiagnosed lateral ankle condition that has lasted over a year and a half. The first visit lasted 5 min and he said I needed an MRI. Took a little over 2 months to get the MRI. Saw Dr. Nacht just before MRI again as the pain was bad. He told me a cortisone injection to the site "might help". He told me nothing of side effects, precautions before or after or ANYTHING about it. After the injection into my peroneal tendons I was in severe and debilitating pain (to the point I couldn't walk) for 2 weeks. The pain subsided little by little over the next month, but the lateral ankle pain remained. In that time I had my MRI and went back to Dr. Nacht for the results. When I arrived he had not even looked at the results yet. He looked at the report and took a quick look at the MRI and then told me there was nothing wrong. He then proceeded to simply write me a referral for yet another appointment with a neurologist for nerve tests. Fast forward yet another 2 months for that test and the Neurology doctor tells me after the tests are done that she found nothing. To top it all off, even tho these doctors are in the same hospital, the neurology report has not yet gotten to Dr. Nacht yet (a week later) so my appointment with him was cancelled at the last minute. I was told that no I am not allowed to see anyone else in the clinic and Dr. Nacht would not be back again for a month.How the eff did I get stuck with the only orthopaedic Dr. who is never around and instead of sending me for every test imaginable, sends me for 1 test at a time every 2 months? Like does he think the pain gets better in the meantime? Yeah that 31 years of experience is really paying off for me.

August 29th, 2016