Dr. Jeffrey Neal MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

2.9

July 20th, 2016
Does Not Appear Patient Centered
I have had a few visits with Dr. Neal. I think he is knowledgeable in his field, however, he lacks bedside manner and definitely does not give an impression of being patient centered. He types incessantly while you talk and does not engage or make any eye contact with communication. He appears to only be interested in documentation and getting on with the next appointment. My advice to anyone considering him...see for yourself.....or pick another rheumatologist.

July 31st, 2015
I've grown weary of Dr. Neal. You see him twice a year, he barely speaks, just types continuously on the computer. Online you can access your medical report & I saw where he'd written he discussed certain things with me - he not only didn't discuss them with me but in fact has never discussed them & some issues are very serious! The staff has you fill out a form on your current condition & I have yet to have Dr. Neal or anyone else go over my results. Waste of time to fill It out. I will be looking for another Rheumatologist.

May 11th, 2015
Very prompt and to the point, did not leave me waiting in the waiting room for more than a couple minutes before i was taken back before my scheduled appointment time.

May 14th, 2012
Obnoxious Group
Rude doctor, rude staff. I have never been treated worse in my life by a medical office.The office may be busy due to the lack of rheumatologists in the area, but it certainly doesn't mean that the physician is worth the wait.

August 23rd, 2011
puzzled
I went to Dr. Neal several to Dr Neal several times. He was absolutely against my taking an anti anxiety med without caringthat I had been dxed with a generalized anxiety disorder. On my last visit I had an anxiety attack in the office. He kept repearing that I had better stay on the med that he had previously given me such a hard time for taking it. He also told me not to come back. He also would not help me apply for disability.I think Dr. Neal can be very patronizing and do not understand understand how could receive any award as anyone I've spoken to who saw him was unhappy with their treatment.

August 18th, 2011
Dr. Neal is very knowledgeable. His staff always works me in when I have an emergency.

May 17th, 2011
Treated like garbage
I went to this doctor who did DX me after a horrible time trying to get diagnosis. However, he miss diagnosised a pinched nerve without xray or tests and sent me to therapy. An ortopediac surgeon told me the therapy was a waste of time. When I described the pain to Dr. Neal he actually giggled which was the final straw especially when he refused to fill out family medical leave papers so I wouldn't be harrassed at work about taking so much time off to go to therapy. The staff is extremely unfriendly and when they make a mistake such as not printing the prescription they blame the patient for losing the prescription. Do yourself a favor and choose another rheumatologist.

April 21st, 2011
Practice has gone downhill
The Arthritis Center of Lexington has grown tremendously in size in recent years. People come from near and far because there are so few options for rheumatologists in that part of the state. Unfortunately it seems that has lead them to think they have you over a barrel, so they treat you like a number and not a person. They have hired front office staff who have very poor interpersonal communication skills. Be prepared to be hung up on, and condescended to when you have a question or need to change an appointment. You may also get the runaround "You'll have to talk to my supervisor". Then you talk to the supervisor who says "You'll have to talk to the doctor". Then you try to reach the Doctor and never get a return phone call. The longtime staff used to seem happy in their jobs. Now they seem harried and sad. It is like the whole place has a depressed atmosphere. They're philosophy seems to be "Get 'em in, move 'em out". It is about volume for them. Dr. Neal is very knowledgeable, however he has a very narrow focus and does not appear to treat the whole person. There is a paternalistic tone to his bedside manner which is grating when the patient he is seeing is an adult.

November 17th, 2010
Wonderful physician. Always follows up with abnormal labs in a timely manner...