Otolaryngologists
Video profile
129 Lubrano Dr
Annapolis, MD 21401
Locations and availability (7)

|  Horrible Experience  |  show details
Jan 27th, 2014

I've been a patient of ENTAA Care for more than 7 years. I was sick with a lowgrade fever, wheezing, significant pressure in my sinuses making me feel like my head was going to explode, and inability to talk without coughing. My doctor was on vacation, so I had an appointment with Dr. Pacheco. Since I was home in bed and not at work, I had to drive about 25 minutes to get to his office in the pouring rain. For my 2:50 apopintment, I left at 2:10. Unfortunately, there had been a tanker accident on Route 95, and it took me an hour to get to the office. I called while I was stuck in traffic to explain the situation and to let them know I was on the way but would be late. I ended up getting there at 3:10, a mere 20 minutes late. Despite the fact that I was clearly sick and had called to alert them of my tardiness, Dr. Pacheco completely refused to see me. I was told I could come back tomorrow. What a heartless, cruel way to treat a patient. I ended up at Patient First for 3 hours, where the doctor diagnosed me with bronchitis and a sinus infection. He was very concerned b/c I couldn't take a deep breath without wheezing, so thankfully put me on steroids to decrease the swelling in my bronchial tubes. Thanks to Dr. Pacheco, I would have gone at least another 12-24 hours without medication and my breathing would have been even worse by that point. He should be ashamed of himself. He took an oath to do no harm, and he certainly did not live up to that oath in this case. I've waited at the office many times for doctors, well over 20 minutes, so I see no justfication for turning away an obviously sick patient.

|  Great doctor  |  show details
Aug 6th, 2012

I usually wait 15-30 minutes to be seen by him, however, he always spends more then enough time with me...answering any questions or concerns I may have. For this reason I do not mind the wait. I think his weakest link is his staff. The front desk staff is not very friendly and make you feel like they are being bothered. The nurses are grumpy as well. Hopefully they can work on the support staff

|  Fine doctor, unfortunate choice of staff  |  show details
Apr 13th, 2012

My experience at Entaa Care was the most unprofessional of any professional office I have ever seen. My husband was treated by Dr. Pacheco, who on his own was great. He was also seen by Dr. Calabria, who was wonderful. However, because of the staff's treatment, and Dr. Pacheco's willingness to become involved and partisan in the problems, there's no way I can even begin to consider this a positive experience.My husband needed a surgery, but unfortunately we only had a month or so left before our insurance ran out (bad economy, switching jobs). Hence, we began our preparations well in advance, calling the surgery department two weeks ahead of time to plan our date. At first, we were assured that the date we needed would be available to us; we also discussed it with Dr. Pacheco, and he was willing to comply as well.Ah, the surgery department. As time went on, I started to deal with Shirley in surgery to try to settle on a date for the procedure. I should say, I started to deal with her answering machine. For a week and a half she didn't return my calls-- no updates, nothing. A peer-review for our insurance came and went, and still no information-- finally, a surly Shirley called and informed me that we couldn't have the date originally requested. We'd have to settle for the same next the week after, when I was scheduled to leave for a business trip. Me losing my job is not a great idea right now after my husband lost his and is starting anew, so that's a non-starter.I am not sure if the date was not held for us, or was subsequently withheld from us, but either way Shirley was incredibly rude, spoke over me repeatedly on the telephone, confrontational, and all-around belligerent. Not at all what I would expect from a professional organization. Moreover, this was the only time I would be able to get her on the phone-- since she never answers ans Entaa Care refuses to accept emails, I left 3 messages begging her to call me back. I finally drove over to the Columbia office on my way to work to try to make some headway, and the front office staff testily informed me that there's nothing they can do, and basically I should just go away. At the end of my rope, I told them that it's very unprofessional to treat a patient in this way, after which the offender apologized. She then proceeded to help me try to get ahold of Shirley, who interestingly refused to speak to me on the phone when she was reached. The spat ended well, with an apology and the woman trying her best to help me, so no hard feelings there.However, not to be outdone, Dr. Pacheco called on behalf of the surgery department-- I could hear Shirley speaking in the background, and I found it truly odd for a doctor of Pacheco's repute to be taking sides in a conflict, as it were -- to curtly let me know that he could not perform our surgery on the date he originally said he could. Strange. I don't know if the staff are trying to withhold the date from us, because I wouldn't give up, or if it a real conflict of timing. I guess I'll never know, since I can't seem to get a call back.

|  show details
Jul 11th, 2011

DR PACHECO SAW MY 8YR OLD DAUGHTER FOR A RANULA. THE PROCESS FOR GETTING HER TREATED WAS FRUSTATING AS I HAD TAKEN HER TO SEVERAL E.N.T.DRS, ALL WHOM DID NOT EXPLAIN EITHER STATED THAT IT WAS NOT SOMETHING THEY COULD TREAT IN THEIR OFFICE OR EITHER ATTEMPTED TO POP IT INSIDE OF HER MOUTH WITH A SCALPA, TRAUMATIZING HER TO TEARS. MY OWN E.N.T. HAD NO PATIENCE WITH HER FEARS OF A KNIFE BEING USED TO CUT HER GUM. HOWEVER, IT WAS HUGE AND NEEDED TREATMENT ASAP. DR PACHECO SAW HER FOR THE FIRST TIME AND IMMEDIATELY SAWED HE HAD PATIENCE AND A GREAT BEDSIDE MANNER WITH CHILDREN. HE WAS THE ONLY DR WHO EXPLAINED TO ME WHAT A RANULA WAS AND HOW IT ORGINATED AND THE APPROIATE TREATMENT WAS SURGERY WITH HER BEING PUT TO SLEEP FOR COMFORT. HE WAS GREAT AT FOLLOW UPS AND SHE WAS TREATED ASAP. HE'S A GREAT DR. I WOULD RECOMMEND HIM OVER MY OWN E.N.T.

|  show details
Jul 8th, 2011

Dr. Pacheco is fantastic. When I need to see him, he is available and with each illness he knows how to treat me. Great experience again and again.

|  He's the Best!  |  show details
Aug 19th, 2008

Dr.Pacheco is fantastic! He has helped me after years of sinus infections and frustrations! Thank you!