Pathologist, Pediatrician, Plastic Surgeons, Surgical Specialist, Dentist

5530 Wisconsin Ave
Ste 1250
Chevy Chase, MD 20815
301-986-9475
Locations and availability (2)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Jul 26th, 2012

My son has been a patient of Dr Posnick's since birth. Dr Posnick performed his first surgery (cleft lip repair) when my son was 10 weeks old. Last year at the age of 17, my son had his fourth surgery with Dr Posnick. Through the years, I have always felt comfortable and confident, not to mention thrilled with the results of treatment. Dr Posnick truly cares about each patient and has always treated my son and our family with respect. He mapped out his course of treatment early on (adjusting as needed) and used each step to prepare for the next, often working closely with other providers. I have recommended Dr Posnick to others and would continue to do so. It is never easy to see your child go through difficult times but Dr Posnick (and his staff) has made the process more bearable and the results are top notch. This chapter of my son's life is nearing the end but it has been well written thanks to Dr Posnick!

Jul 18th, 2012

After doing my research, I found Dr.Posnick. My son had a jaw deformity and Dr.Posnick spent a long time with us explaining everything. He had a wonderful "bedside" manner, so calm, reassuring, and knowledgible and willing to explain things to us-we had lots of questions- which he answered patiently until we understood fully. We are very happy with the results. I have recommended him to several friends who've had similar experiences.

Jul 16th, 2012

Dr Posnick is a superb surgeon and a truly caring individual Over the summer we must have seen at least 20 other patients over our 5 week recovery period. Amazing and life changing results.I was horrified that a malicious ,unwell person could malign this fabulous man. (oct 2011)Watch out for unreliable information on the Internet!

Jul 12th, 2012

I read the oct 11;2011 comment.I am sure that the who wrote that is mentally unstableI am friends with many nurses at Georgetown and Dr Posnick never allows fellows to operate on his cases. They simply assist him. Stryker reps use him. My results were sensationalDr Troost is not his friend!He is too busy writing,teaching and operating. Crazies everywhere these days,Thank you Dr Posnick for changing my life I have so much self esteem now !

Jul 11th, 2012

Superb office.We learned so much in the first encounter with Dr Posnick.We met so many patients at different stages of healing in waiting room.Efficient billing dept too. Surgery was super successfulBlessed to have found him

Jul 11th, 2012

We were treated exceptionally well.Dr Posnick is the best. There is no other surgeon to go to if you have jaw issues.The review that stated a botched job is not a patient! I have met many patients and they all feel the same as we do!Dr Troost is a remarkable surgeon and they are not friends!!! They are colleagues. A big DIFFERENCE.Dr Posnick is a class act with great knowledge, teaching wrtiting and operating!!!

|  Surgery done in july 2008  |  show details
Nov 24th, 2011

The negative review from October 21 2011 is complete bull. I don't know why anybody would write that, because if Dr. Posnick truly had even one patient with results that bad, he would not be anywhere close to as esteemed as he is today. I thank God every chance I get that I found Dr. Posnick's name 4 years ago, and was able to get financial help from my parents to have the surgery done. My life has changed dramatically for the better since the surgery (I had my lower jaw pushed back, upper jaw pushed forward, palate expanded, and genioplasty done). I went from looking slightly weird with a long, recessed (in profile) face, to literally looking like what others have called a runway male model. This man is a genius. I am so so so so thankful. Besides the positive change in my looks, i can also breathe completely clearly everyday, and can sleep and breathe well at night. Prior to the surgery, I snored every night. After the surgery, my snoring had been eliminated completely (unless I had been drinking, lol). I can rave and rave about this dr. forever. If I could give him 6 out of 5 stars I would. I am thankful there are individuals like him who have sacrificed most of their family life and social life in order to become professionals of this magnitude.

|  Definitely do NOT recommend for any major surgery  |  show details
Oct 22nd, 2011

Dr. Posnick performed major surgery that he represented he was capable of doing. He even added items to the surgery. Because almost every aspect of the surgery was botched, subsequent specialists have indicated "this is not what they like to see" or "nothing we can do now". One plastic surgeon asked if I had been in a car accident. What is worse, Dr. Posnick tried to cover up aspects of the bad work at the time with consultation appointments with his ENT friend, Dr. Troost. You put a lot of trust in your surgeon, and I learned the hard way it is totally misplaced in Dr. Posnick. His major incompetence will go with me to my grave and it impacts me every single day. I had specifically requested that his fellow studying under him NOT do any of the surgery so if that is what happened it is simply another form of dishonesty. I strongly recommend steering clear for any significant surgery. He has a beautiful office but my experience was a disaster. To think he wrote a textbook on cranio-facial surgery and is training medical students at Georgetown just makes me cringe. I thought I had done my research and was totally let down. He even had the nerve to advise against another surgeon I was considering because you can't fix mistakes. His mistakes also can't be fixed and he did not even do the basic things right. Don't be impressed by his credentials or the fact he has written a textbook.

|  concerned mother of daughter with jaw malalignment  |  show details
Aug 11th, 2010

Dr. Posnic was great. My daughter had a really bad jaw deformity that dr posnick did surgery on 4 weeks ago. She's doing great. His bedside manner was great and his pre-op preparation was excellent. he made sure all pre-op preparations were done way before the surgery and he worked very well with our orthodontist. It was definitely worth the trip to Washington for the surgery.

|  The best in his area of expertise  |  show details
May 18th, 2010

Aside from the fact that they do NOT accept insurance and you must pay a huge deposit prior to surgery- this Dr. is THE BEST at facial corrections in children. My son's jaw and face were transformed. A neighbor's son had the same surgery and three years afterwards went to Dr. Posnick after seeing my son's results. Her son had a second surgery and looks amazing.Facial, jaw, underbite type issues are his specialty. Genius for sure. No one better for orthomaxilary plastic surgery.