Surgical Specialist, Plastic Surgery Specialist

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Excellent care show details Excellent care
Jul 26th, 2012

My son has been a patient of Dr Posnick's since birth. Dr Posnick performed his first surgery (cleft lip repair) when my son was 10 weeks old. Last year at the age of 17, my son had his fourth surgery with Dr Posnick. Through the years, I have always felt comfortable and confident, not to mention thrilled with the results of treatment. Dr Posnick truly cares about each patient and has always treated my son and our family with respect. He mapped out his course of treatment early on (adjusting as needed) and used each step to prepare for the next, often working closely with other providers. I have recommended Dr Posnick to others and would continue to do so. It is never easy to see your child go through difficult times but Dr Posnick (and his staff) has made the process more bearable and the results are top notch. This chapter of my son's life is nearing the end but it has been well written thanks to Dr Posnick!

Excellent care show details Excellent care
Jul 26th, 2012

Jul 18th, 2012

After doing my research, I found Dr.Posnick. My son had a jaw deformity and Dr.Posnick spent a long time with us explaining everything. He had a wonderful "bedside" manner, so calm, reassuring, and knowledgible and willing to explain things to us-we had lots of questions- which he answered patiently until we understood fully. We are very happy with the results. I have recommended him to several friends who've had similar experiences.

Jul 18th, 2012

Meticulous consistent incredible results show details Meticulous consistent incredible results
Jul 16th, 2012

Dr Posnick is a superb surgeon and a truly caring individual Over the summer we must have seen at least 20 other patients over our 5 week recovery period. Amazing and life changing results.I was horrified that a malicious ,unwell person could malign this fabulous man. (oct 2011)Watch out for unreliable information on the Internet!

A whole new world!!!!! show details A whole new world!!!!!
Jul 12th, 2012

I read the oct 11;2011 comment.I am sure that the who wrote that is mentally unstableI am friends with many nurses at Georgetown and Dr Posnick never allows fellows to operate on his cases. They simply assist him. Stryker reps use him. My results were sensationalDr Troost is not his friend!He is too busy writing,teaching and operating. Crazies everywhere these days,Thank you Dr Posnick for changing my life I have so much self esteem now !

Jul 11th, 2012

Superb office.We learned so much in the first encounter with Dr Posnick.We met so many patients at different stages of healing in waiting room.Efficient billing dept too. Surgery was super successfulBlessed to have found him

Jul 11th, 2012

We were treated exceptionally well.Dr Posnick is the best. There is no other surgeon to go to if you have jaw issues.The review that stated a botched job is not a patient! I have met many patients and they all feel the same as we do!Dr Troost is a remarkable surgeon and they are not friends!!! They are colleagues. A big DIFFERENCE.Dr Posnick is a class act with great knowledge, teaching wrtiting and operating!!!

Jul 11th, 2012

Definitely do NOT recommend for any major surgery show details Definitely do NOT recommend for any major surgery
Oct 22nd, 2011

Dr. Posnick performed major surgery that he represented he was capable of doing. He even added items to the surgery. Because almost every aspect of the surgery was botched, subsequent specialists have indicated "this is not what they like to see" or "nothing we can do now". One plastic surgeon asked if I had been in a car accident. What is worse, Dr. Posnick tried to cover up aspects of the bad work at the time with consultation appointments with his ENT friend, Dr. Troost. You put a lot of trust in your surgeon, and I learned the hard way it is totally misplaced in Dr. Posnick. His major incompetence will go with me to my grave and it impacts me every single day. I had specifically requested that his fellow studying under him NOT do any of the surgery so if that is what happened it is simply another form of dishonesty. I strongly recommend steering clear for any significant surgery. He has a beautiful office but my experience was a disaster. To think he wrote a textbook on cranio-facial surgery and is training medical students at Georgetown just makes me cringe. I thought I had done my research and was totally let down. He even had the nerve to advise against another surgeon I was considering because you can't fix mistakes. His mistakes also can't be fixed and he did not even do the basic things right. Don't be impressed by his credentials or the fact he has written a textbook.

concerned mother of daughter with jaw malalignment show details concerned mother of daughter with jaw malalignment
Aug 11th, 2010

Dr. Posnic was great. My daughter had a really bad jaw deformity that dr posnick did surgery on 4 weeks ago. She's doing great. His bedside manner was great and his pre-op preparation was excellent. he made sure all pre-op preparations were done way before the surgery and he worked very well with our orthodontist. It was definitely worth the trip to Washington for the surgery.

The best in his area of expertise show details The best in his area of expertise
May 18th, 2010

Aside from the fact that they do NOT accept insurance and you must pay a huge deposit prior to surgery- this Dr. is THE BEST at facial corrections in children. My son's jaw and face were transformed. A neighbor's son had the same surgery and three years afterwards went to Dr. Posnick after seeing my son's results. Her son had a second surgery and looks amazing.Facial, jaw, underbite type issues are his specialty. Genius for sure. No one better for orthomaxilary plastic surgery.