Urologists
49 Lake Ave
Ste 201
Greenwich, CT 06830
203-869-1285
Locations and availability (3)

3.0

|  The Doctor Who Saved My Life  |  show details
Aug 20th, 2014

Through his skill and aptitude as a urological surgeon, Doctor Ranta literally saved my life --- what more can I add or say? I recommend this Doctor without hesitation or reservation.

|  Dr. Ranta...Excellent doctor!  |  show details
by Gerald Servidio Cos Cob, CT on Aug 7th, 2014

Dr. Ranta is very personable and a concerned doctor; he is up to date on newest treatments in urology; I find him easy to talk with about my issues; and I would recommend him to my friends.

|  Bad Doctor  |  show details
Aug 5th, 2014

Dr. Ranta was ready to remove my father's pre-cancerous bladder. He indicated that there was no other option. Another doctor looked at my father and said that the situation was not bad. He advised a well-accepted modern therapy. It was very effective. Last week a simple hospital procedure showed that my father's bladder was cancer free. When my father went to the other doctor, Ranta's staff absolutely refused to forward his medical records until the last legally permitted day. There is a lot more I could say about Ranta and how he is regarded in our community. But it would verge on libel. Please don't go to this man!

|  Horrible bedside manner  |  show details
Jun 11th, 2013

Would never go back to this doctor. Would never recommend Ranta. Snide and aloof. Try the other two first.

|  show details
Jan 21st, 2012

Terrible Doctor! I will never return to that office. The staff is wonderful the doctors are horrible. I came in there with one problem and ended up in the ER later that night with chills and a fever and other urological problems, the doctor never call to see how I was felling all because of him I will NEVER be the same.It took me two months to get my Records from that office, Dr. Ranta is not a good doctor. He needs to retire. He does not like what he do. You can tell by the look on his face. Stay away from this doctor!!

|  show details
Feb 22nd, 2011

Dr. Ranta has a nice way about him with patients.I feel very comfortable during different procedures over the last 5 years.I WOULD RECOMMEND HIM TO FRIENDS OR ASSOCIATES WITHOUT DELAY.

|  fantastic urologist -- and person  |  show details
by CHG on Jun 16th, 2010

I went to Dr. Jeffrey Ranta in 1985 with various symptoms. He diagnosed me within minutes and was one of 2 doctors to save my life. I almost committed suicide in 1988 because I was so sick with Interstitial Cystitis -- he talked me out of it. My level of respect for him is truly remarkable. If you need a fantastic urologist in Connecticut, please -- go see Dr. R. He's really wonderful. I've since moved to California and I've even contacted him at various times after moving away. He's great.