Dr. Jeffrey Rieker MD Patient Reviews

• 1 comment

• Good
  • Bad

September 20th, 2011
I should have sued for malpractice
My wife was a patient at Pomona Valley Medical Center in 2005 for the birth of our child. My wife was given a epidural earlier that evening by another doctor which did not work. Rieker was called at 9:00pm. He did not show up for well over and hour. Meanwhile my wife was in excruciating pain. When he did show up he stormed into the Maternity ward, kicking the double doors open with his foot (witnessed by my entire family). He stormed into our room and began to berate the nurses for some time. He was incredibly hostile and inappropriate. At one point, he knocked an entire medicine cart over in our room. I have never been more emotionally traumatized in my life. My wife, thankfully doesn't remember the specifics but can recall all of the commotion within the room. The hospital when into spin control once our child was born. They had me speak with several people who made written reports and assured me that he would be disciplined for his behavior. My understanding is, that it took at least one other episode similar to ours for PVHMC to take real action and not allow him to practice medicine in their hospital. I don't know where he stands with them currently.

September 17th, 2014