Dr. Jeffrey Rihn MD Patient Reviews

February 7th, 2017
I highly recommend Dr. Jeffrey Rihn and his team to anyone who is considering back surgery. Dr. Rihn performed successful L3/L4 spinal fusion on me and literally rolled years off my age by eliminating my back pain and restoring strength to my legs. Dr. Rihn and Colleen Thornton his nurse Practitioner answered my questions and concerns and provided outstanding care before and after my surgery. I consider myself very fortunate to have had thenm on my side.

January 24th, 2017
Words cannot discribe how please I am with Dr. Rihn and his staff. I have a new lease on having a normal life now. Priceless

November 19th, 2016
surgery done needlessld to correct his mistakes

July 5th, 2016
C
He knows his field, but could be more personable. I wish staff were the only ones communicating with me.
Doctor's Response

Dear Patient, We would love the opportunity to speak with you further about your experience. If interested, please contact us directly at 267-339-3689. Sincerely, Rothman Institute

January 7th, 2016
Highly recommended for knowledge, directness, and compassion.
I spent months going to other Drs and trying therapy's that did not work. After becoming almost unable to walk at all at age 26 I was beyond frustrated and felt as if I was not getting any real answers. Dr Rihn was straightforward and answered all of my questions. I left my first appointment with a better understanding of my injury than I had ever had and a clear plan of action. I had never stayed in a hospital, let alone had surgery and not only Dr Rihn, but his whole staff, was caring, understanding, helpful and above all knowledgeable.

November 9th, 2015
Lumbar decompression, fusion S1 to L4 and cage
I had seen Dr. Rihn 4 years ago when surgery was recommended for me. He said I should wait and try alternate measures. For 4 years this worked. Then last summer I had to see him and he said it was time. My disc between 2 vertebra had actually disintegrated. I had the surgery at Jefferson Dr. Rihn made a new disc for me and straighten my spine. It was remarkable. I can now stand and walk without pain. He is a marvelous surgeon. Colleen Thornton his nurse practitioner is wonderful she listens and helps with problems.

July 27th, 2015
Dr Rihn is a caring and excellent doctor who has helped me tremendously and would absolutely recommend him to my family and friends.

July 23rd, 2015
As the wife of Dr. Rihn's patient, I cannot say enough about him. He is AMAZING in all aspects that patients and their spouses deal with a doctor. He takes his time and explains everything, has done amazing surgeries on my husband with quick recovery time, which is very nice for the spouse of a patient. I recommend him to EVERYONE, and don't understand why anyone in this area would go anywhere other than the Rothman Institute.

June 25th, 2015
From the time I entered the building the Rothman team took over like a well oiled machine. I was taken in to see Dr. Rihn who went over my MRI, describing the problem and suggesting options of treatment. Once surgery was selected the scheduling team took over; hospital facility was selected and surgery date scheduled. Another technician sized and presented me with the back brace I would need after surgery. I was very impressed with the efficiency of the Rothman team. Dr. Rihn performed the surgery and much to every ones surprise and mine I came out of it with no pain at all. Although given pills for pain and ache I never used them. Now four months later all's well and my back is in great shape. I can't heap enough praise on Dr. Rihn and his team, Colleen Thornton, his assistant, the sneaky anesthesiologist who put me asleep without me seeing him, Riddle Memorial Hospital and the nurses and staff who took care of me during my recovery.

June 24th, 2015
Highly Recommended and Very Professional and Knowledgeable
For more than 8 -10 years I had constant pain in my lower back and legs from various situations - car accidents, falling, etc . Over the years I saw 4 orthopedic doctors, a neurologist, a rheumatologist, and several visits to my primary doctor, 2 MRI's. Each and every one of them told me I had "fibromyalgia" which I do not believe exists. They had me taking all kinds of pain medications, physical therapy for 8 years and so on. I had one visit (just one) with Dr. Rihn and he "showed" me exactly what has been causing my problems and I scheduled surgery 2 weeks later. The pain that I felt for so long is 90% gone and I'm a happy camper. It is unbelievable how so many doctors were so lazy and blind. I am so thankful to Dr Rihn for being a "doctor" and being "professional" and really knowing and respecting his line of medicine. I would recommend him, (and already have) to anyone, anywhere at anytime for any reason. He and Colleen are an excellent team and I don't think anyone will deny that!

June 24th, 2015
Appreciative
After experiencing a failed back surgery four months prior, I was so appreciative to be in the hands of an experienced, competent surgeon.

May 18th, 2015
How he talks to the nurses and physician assistants is appalling at best. Needs to get rid of his god complex and have some respect