by Debbie U on Jul 27th, 2015

Dr Rihn is a caring and excellent doctor who has helped me tremendously and would absolutely recommend him to my family and friends.

by Frances Zeock on Jul 23rd, 2015

As the wife of Dr. Rihn's patient, I cannot say enough about him. He is AMAZING in all aspects that patients and their spouses deal with a doctor. He takes his time and explains everything, has done amazing surgeries on my husband with quick recovery time, which is very nice for the spouse of a patient. I recommend him to EVERYONE, and don't understand why anyone in this area would go anywhere other than the Rothman Institute.

by Roy B Smith Jr on Jun 25th, 2015

From the time I entered the building the Rothman team took over like a well oiled machine. I was taken in to see Dr. Rihn who went over my MRI, describing the problem and suggesting options of treatment. Once surgery was selected the scheduling team took over; hospital facility was selected and surgery date scheduled. Another technician sized and presented me with the back brace I would need after surgery. I was very impressed with the efficiency of the Rothman team. Dr. Rihn performed the surgery and much to every ones surprise and mine I came out of it with no pain at all. Although given pills for pain and ache I never used them. Now four months later all's well and my back is in great shape. I can't heap enough praise on Dr. Rihn and his team, Colleen Thornton, his assistant, the sneaky anesthesiologist who put me asleep without me seeing him, Riddle Memorial Hospital and the nurses and staff who took care of me during my recovery.

Highly Recommended and Very Professional and Knowledgeable show details Highly Recommended and Very Professional and Knowledgeable
by Janan Radosin on Jun 24th, 2015

For more than 8 -10 years I had constant pain in my lower back and legs from various situations - car accidents, falling, etc . Over the years I saw 4 orthopedic doctors, a neurologist, a rheumatologist, and several visits to my primary doctor, 2 MRI's. Each and every one of them told me I had "fibromyalgia" which I do not believe exists. They had me taking all kinds of pain medications, physical therapy for 8 years and so on. I had one visit (just one) with Dr. Rihn and he "showed" me exactly what has been causing my problems and I scheduled surgery 2 weeks later. The pain that I felt for so long is 90% gone and I'm a happy camper. It is unbelievable how so many doctors were so lazy and blind. I am so thankful to Dr Rihn for being a "doctor" and being "professional" and really knowing and respecting his line of medicine. I would recommend him, (and already have) to anyone, anywhere at anytime for any reason. He and Colleen are an excellent team and I don't think anyone will deny that!

Appreciative show details Appreciative
by Don Plummer on Jun 24th, 2015

After experiencing a failed back surgery four months prior, I was so appreciative to be in the hands of an experienced, competent surgeon.

May 18th, 2015

How he talks to the nurses and physician assistants is appalling at best. Needs to get rid of his god complex and have some respect

Apr 23rd, 2015

Dr. Rihn has an amazing gift - I am very thankful that he was able to fix my husband's back - very, very grateful!!

Experience was extremely POOR! show details Experience was extremely POOR!
by Sue C on Oct 3rd, 2013

If you want to be treated like a number, Dr. Rihn is your doctor. Dr. Rihn operated on me for spinal stenosis. I found him to be very impersonal and not caring. On two follow up visits my waiting time was 2 hours, no exaggeration, At my last visit, I was unable to sit. Dr. Rihn's solution was to suggest pain management and discharged me. Thankfully i went for a second opinion at Lehigh Valley and found a caring doctor who refused to let me remain in that condition. After a second successful surgery, I am back to having a life. Recommend Dr. Rihn - NEVER. His only saving grace was his PA, Colleen Thornton.

unhappy show details unhappy
Nov 11th, 2012

i have pain long after surgery. dr rihn told me that this is the best it gets. i am very disappointed.

Wonderful surgeon show details Wonderful surgeon
Nov 8th, 2012

I had sciatica leg pain for 2 years. I could not stand or walk slow for more than a few minutes. Now I am free of that pain.I was pain free from that pain as soon as I got up from the surgery. Just 3 weeks after surgery I get a little nerve pain when I sleep and tingling in my toes, but it is different than before and definitely not disabling. I would definitely recommend Dr. Rihn.

Gifted does not give Justice to this AMAZING Surgeon show details Gifted does not give Justice to this AMAZING Surgeon
Oct 19th, 2012

I had had 3 previous lumbar operations from 1979 to 1982. Dr Rihn had to remove previous rods and screws at L4-5 to the sacrum. After 20 years, the wear and tear resulted in a severe disc herniation at L2-3 and insability of the L3 vertibrae sliding on the L4 veribrae. He spent 4 plus hours removing the old instramentation and fusing the 2nd and 3rd lumbar vertibae with 2 new rods and 6 screws. I am just 11 days post-op and already have remarkable relief of severe pain that prevented me from even sitting. As a Licensed Physical Therapist, I can tell you that he is the best in the business for spinal surgery.Rothman is known for recruiting top Docs but they hit the jackpot with this young star. He looks younger than my grandson and needs a grey hair to be formally listed as a TOP DOC. When I see him, I will paste one of mine on his head. Thank You Dr Rihn for caring. Thank you for the relief. Thank you for being a Spinal Superstar. Thank you for the start of my new life. Nuff Said!

Jan 3rd, 2012

I have already recommended Dr. Rihn to several people. My surgery went smoothly with no complications.

What a "Wonderful Talented Doctor/Surgeon show details What a "Wonderful Talented Doctor/Surgeon
by Bill Kooy - 610-850-2412 (Yes you can call me) on Apr 4th, 2011

My wife Susan just had her second procedure (operation) by Dr. Rihn retrofitting what was done by a previous physician.She had a procedure done by Dr. Rihn several years ago with "Wonderful Sucess" and now he has done it again today, April 4, 2011 at Riddle Hosp.Don't let his young looks leave any doubts that he is a brillant surgeon and really takes a personal care in his patients as does his entire staff.(Hand selected by Dr. Rihn and his associates).Most persons are somewhat spectical on having any type of surgery on one's bank or spine and I thought the same way until Dr. Rihn proved me wrong.I cannot say enough about his talented abilty only that if you have back/spine problems see no other than Dr. Jeffrey Rihn of the Rothman Institute.

Would recommend to the world! show details Would recommend to the world!
Nov 15th, 2010

I am 45 and have suffered for 35 of my years.I have seen MANY doctors and had much pysical therapy with no relief. My pain was severe when I was seen by Dr.Rihn. He explained everything in great detail, and did not rush me out of his office. I had many questions which were no problem for him. I had surgury on my lower back. Dr. Rihn's bedside manner was rare he actually cared alot! His patients come first. During my recovery I had a mild complication. Dr. Rihn delt with my insurance company to expidite my healthcare needs. Dr.Rihn would see me everyday if that made me feel better. I thank God for directing me to a caring and knowledgeable surgeon. I wish that I had seen him sooner. R. Moton

MY EXPERIENCE WITH DR. RIHN show details MY EXPERIENCE WITH DR. RIHN
Aug 3rd, 2010

After almost two years of constant pain in my left leg, and endless shots, physical therepy, I went to see Dr. Rihn. About six weeks later, I was in surgery and am now totally pain free. I checked into the hospital at 5:30 A.M. and was home by 2:00 P.M. on the same day. People cannot believe how well I am doing and how much better I am getting around.A previous doctor had stated that after surgery, I would have to spend two days in the hospital and wear a back brace for six weeks. I am happy that I visited Rothman and meet Dr. Rhine.