Dr. Jeffrey Ritter MD Patient Reviews

• Good
  • Bad

August 15th, 2017
Thorough and kind
Dr. Ritter is kind and compassionate. Most importantly he is very thorough.

April 12th, 2017
Unprofessional treatment by Doctor and staff
I was diagnosed with Lupus a number of years ago and have been on medication over 10 years for this condition. I was referred to this doctor by someone I trust because I needed to be placed on steroids for another medical condition that is being monitored by University of Miami Hospital that appears to be related to my Lupus. From the onset this doctor managed to make me uncomfortable, he was rude, told me I looked good on the outside but I was old, he stated I didn't have Lupus and whatever medical condition I had going on was not a result of Lupus without a basis for this comment. He didn't read the medical documents that were at his disposal and asked me on three different occasions why I needed a specific medication after explaining it to him each time . He finally read the documents and stated that if doctor so and so didn't want to see me he should have just told me so. That was not the case and clearly he was not understanding what he was reading. He spoke hurriedly (like an auctioneer) I couldn't understand much of what he was saying and half the time I didn't know if he was talking to me or the assistant typing his notes. He had two other exam rooms with patients and he kept alternating between them and myself. He sent me for ex-rays and other labs, he talked about prescribing the medication I needed including dosage, told me to reschedule my appointment for my CT scan because I wasn't going to be able to meet the thirty day window and he wanted to see me in five weeks. Once he read the medical documents I gave him he proceeded to ask me to lie down on the exam table which I did, he then began to feel my abdomen (this is where my medical condition is located) and as he is pressing he begins to tell me he doesn't feel anything and asks how do I know I have this condition... the medical documents state I had a CT scan and the medication I need is to bring the inflammation down for my next CT scan. Once this debacle was over I stopped by checkout as required the receptionist there (Angela) looked up asked for some information, informed me of my next appointment, I asked her if she could verify the prescription I needed was sent to the pharmacy I use (I live a number of hours a way from Miami) and without looking she responded if he said he was going to put the order in then he did. I get back home called the pharmacy so I could pick up my meds and there was no prescription. I will not ever entertain the thought of being treated by anyone so rude and misinformed as the staff at this clinic.

March 20th, 2017
Terrific Doctor
Dr. Ritter may have a very long wait time to get in to see him, but that is because he spends a lot of time with each of his patients, so be patient. It is worth the wait. He is thorough, understanding, and compassionate. The staff is so-so, but I go to see the doctor, not the staff. Wish they had someone there, besides the doctor, who could take blood from me correctly.

March 20th, 2017
Terrific Doctor

September 21st, 2016
Most unprofessional and rude staff I have ever experienced
My experience with Dr. Ritter at the Center for Arthritis and Rheumatic diseases was one of the absolute worst I have ever had. His receptionists and scheduling staff are extremely rude, mean, and unhelpful. I waited 2 and a half hours for my appointment time, and when Dr. Ritter walked in, there was no apology and he was rude as well. Did not allow me to ask questions and was patronizing. Avoid this place at all costs.

May 25th, 2016
He is not accepting new patience.

March 12th, 2016
one of South Florida's finest rheumatologists

December 22nd, 2015
Dr. Ritter is very attentive to his patients. He takes his time to explain your diagnosis and treatment. The office staff has always been kind and patient.

December 7th, 2015
An excellent Dr , bright and easy to communicate with ...suburb !

April 18th, 2015
Saved my life.

March 6th, 2015
Worst experience ever with the reception and scheduling staff. I've been a patient of world renowned rheumatologists and never have I had an experience as terrible as the one with Dr. Ritter's staff. Rude. Rude. Rude. Don't bother calling this office. The woman who makes appointments won't allow you to get a word in over her statements and basically told me without listening that I didn't have the proper insurance and I was wasting my time AND HERS and she hung up. Wow. I was given a positive review of the doctor but after that experience I will be sure to tell everyone what I think of the entire practice. Don't waste your time calling to make an appointment.

November 16th, 2014
Dr. Ritter is a very compassionate doctor. He is very kind and considerate. You can ask him any question you want and he answers every question with a smile. He makes you feel very special and gives you hope. Dr. Ritter is very knowledegable about his field of medicine. He never rushes you and spends time explaining your condition. Every doctor should have his bedside manner since he makes you feel good. I will recommend all my family and fiends to him.