Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Office Changes and Doctor's Attitude Adversely Effect Care show details Office Changes and Doctor's Attitude Adversely Effect Care
Aug 31st, 2015

I have been a patient of Dr. Rochlen for about 10 years. Over this time, what I once looked at as issues with an inexperienced practice has now become significantly troubling. Over the past year he has taken on an office partner and his entire office staff of caring professionals has turned over to a group of rude assistants. The office which used to be comfortable, is now overcrowded. While it was difficult to schedule a block of time with him, it has now become very frustrating. He doesn't seem to have enough time to listen to patient issues, especially if they are multiple or complex. His tendency of reading patient notes very loudly into a dictation machine was annoying, but I became especially concerned on my last visit when he was dictating STD results and I could clearly see the patient he was discussing through a wide open door in another exam room. In my last contact with him, he failed to do personal follow-up on test results and the medication he prescribed was clearly not indicated for the result. I don't think it caused any harm, but waiting to see if it work when tests clearly said it wouldn't just meant more time suffering with the illness. I think it is also a trend these days, but he also seems way overeager to refer patients to specialists. His referrals don't always seem well informed, as well. On multiple occasions he has referred me to specialists who were not actively accepting new patients. Its been good and bad with Dr. Rochlen, but I think its time to find a new PCP.

This man shouldn't be allowed around the public show details This man shouldn't be allowed around the public
Jun 18th, 2014

I was looking for a pediatrician for my child and visited this office twice before deciding to never come back. The staff at the counter was polite. The office was close to home. Dr Rochlen was a nightmare to have to deal with tho. The first time i went I felt rushed from the second he walked in the room until just a few short minutes later when he was backing himself 3/4 out the door while I was still voicing health concerns. I had 3 questions for the entire visit and I was barely allowed one of them. On the second visit he was just as visibly agitated with every minute that passed while he was in the room. He showed off his egocentric attitude and arrogance. He actually stood closer to me and raised his voice to argue with me at one point when i asked for more information on a simple health question. Not only did he make us feel unwanted in his office, but he dictated our entire visits loudly in the hallway for everyone to hear. AVOID THIS MAN AT ALL COSTS.

Oct 16th, 2013

Awful awful awful!! If you choose this doctor get ready to visit his office 4 times before he hears what you have to say. Everything negative on this page is 100% accurate. I almost believe the positive comments have to be written by his staff. He is horrible. Oddly enough after I started complaining about him to friends I found other negative story's. Do yourself a favor dont pick him because he is close to home, spend the gas money and drive a little farther.

by Susan E Bixby on Mar 29th, 2013

Dr Rochlen is not only skilled in medicine; he is skilled in patient communication and concern. He always has time to answer an email concern of mine and/or ask how my husband is doing with his medical concerns at the rehab center. He goes out of his way to show concern for his patients. I would recommend him before any other doctor.

So glad I found him show details So glad I found him
Feb 9th, 2012

My husband and I absolutely love Dr. Rochlen and his staff. As first time parents we found it overwhelming trying to randomly pick a pediatrician for our new baby. I fully expected to have to visit a few before finding one we liked. I'm glad to say he was the first and only one we had to see. The staff is wonderful and helpful and we've never had to wait more than a couple minutes to see the Dr. He does tend to record himself, rather loudly, after your visit, but that honestly does not bother me any. It's not like anyone knows who he is talking about, and doing that makes him able to help you better and recall all the information from your past visits. I have had nothing but great experiences with Dr. Rochlen and all of his staff. I would definately recommend him.

Feb 8th, 2012

told me I had chest congestion. hospital verified it was nasal, as I had said.wanted to prescribe BP meds, based on first BP reading at office. again, hospital shows no real BP issues.all of what you read about him dictating notes so that all can hear is true!

Glad I found him! show details Glad I found him!
Jan 10th, 2012

He thinks about you as an individual and uses compassion and brians to make a plan of action. He will listen to you very well as long as he feels you are trying to listen and understand when he speaks. He is a bit abrupt at times but is trying to look out for your health. He is always available for follow up calls or emails and genuinely cares. Staff is also friendly.

Terrible Bedside Manner show details Terrible Bedside Manner
Nov 3rd, 2011

Dr Rochlen is loud, curt and abrupt to the point of being rude. He will also speak LOUDLY into a recorder in the hallway about your symptoms so that other patients can hear. He will not discuss your options in terms of medication and care. He knows very little about treating chronic illnesses. He did not follow up on my care and I ended to have to go to a specialist because he did not stay abreast of the changes in my bloodwork. He is not a competent, compassionate doctor at all. Really, the worst Doctor I have ever encountered.

I do definitely NOT recomment Dr. Rochlen show details I do definitely NOT recomment Dr. Rochlen
by S on Mar 23rd, 2011

In the short relationship I had with Dr. Rochlen he has quickly exhibited some of the worst and unethical behaviour doctors can exibit:- Forces the purchase of unwanted and unneeded medicine.- Forces unneeded and costly analytical work done and then withholds results.- Does not listen to his patient.- Refuses to discuss side effects of medications.All in all, a physician of questionable professional integrity who you rather want to avoid, for yourself and your family.

Wonderful Doctor show details Wonderful Doctor
Jan 28th, 2011

Dr. Rochlen is a very intelligent man who takes time to listen to his patients. Dr. Rochlen is very knowledgeable with regard to specialists in the area. He referred me to a specialist at Beaumont where I had surgery and have been very pleased with the results. I've been moving from Doctor to Doctor for many years trying to find one with the time to see me. I think I finally found the right Doctor. When you get sick, you can actually get in to see him because he is very efficient and fair with appointment times. Too many Doctors don't have time to see all of their patients, right?So, yeah, he's super cool. :-)

Excellent show details Excellent
Aug 14th, 2010

Dr. Rochlen is a concerned physician and wants what is best for his patients. He does have a no muss, no fuss approach, but I don't think it should be any other way. He listens to you and gives the best advice for the problem.

Best Doctor I've Ever Had show details Best Doctor I've Ever Had
by Mark on Aug 11th, 2010

As someone who has been a patient of Dr. Jeffrey Rochlen since he began praticing medicine, I can only say good things about him. His medical knowledge and ability to understand a medical problem that a patient is trying to explain are excellent. He is generally quite busy and could be taken as abrubt or short with people on occasion, but in the bigger picture that is just not my experience. I say that because he always follows up patient concerns/questions with a phone call or email, which shows me that he cares about me as a patient. I have an HMO that is not always the easiest to work with and Dr. Rochlen and his staff always take the time to make sure I'm taken care of. It's a warm and friendly office atmosphere. As far as the dictating goes, I have noticed that he has taken that inside a room on my last visit.I had a very, very hard time finding a primary care doctor before finding Dr. Rochlen. Most of them were not very good listeners and/or their office was run very poorly, i.e., 45min-1hour wait times, and screwed up paperwork. I've never had problems like that at Dr. Rochlens office.I would like Dr. Rochlen to be my doctor for life.

Aug 9th, 2010

very professional and personable Doctor.

Excellent Doctor show details Excellent Doctor
by Jeff S. on Jun 22nd, 2010

I love Dr. R. When he moved to his new office going with him was a no brainer. I personally love his frank manner, he tells you how it is. No muss no fuss!True, he dictates in the hallway...but since you never see the patients he's talking about who really cares?I longest I've had to wait for my appt. was roughly 10 minutes. The staff is very friendly, especially his nurses.

An excellent physician who needs a little polish. show details An excellent physician who needs a little polish.
Feb 18th, 2010

I've been seeing Dr. Rochlen for a couple years. I started seeing right after he started his own practice in conjunction with Beaumont Hospital. At first he seemed a little abrupt, but as time progressed he has mellowed quite a bit. His offices are new, comfortable, and spotless. The staff is efficient and friendly. He is highly accessible for a quick phone question or a reply by e-mail. He has called me randomly, out of the blue, in between scheduled appointments just to check in. I've never had a doctor do that! There are, however, a few areas that could be improved:1. Dr. Rochlen is overly sensitive when appointments run over their allotted time. If you come prepared with a list of questions, or e-mail them in advance of an appointment you can avoid his irritation when he runs up against the clock.2. Dr. Rochlen no longer does hospital rounds and depends upon Beaumont hospitalists to work with his patients under his direction. He says that this allows him more time for appointments at the office, reducing the "rush" factor in #1 above.3. The comments above regarding him dictating notes loudly in the hallway is quite true. I'm not privacy obsessed, but it would be much better if he did this in an unoccupied treatment room behind a closed door.

decent overall-dont expect mr. charming show details decent overall-dont expect mr. charming
Feb 17th, 2010

Doctor Rochlen does a good job overall with a patient. Bedside manner is just not there and you will feel like you are being a little rushed. This is an intelligent man that needs to work on people skills. And yes he will blurt out the dictation for all to hear so I hope your problems in not hemorroids or something like that!

Finally a good Doctor show details Finally a good Doctor
by dsj on Feb 11th, 2010

I enjoy Doctor Rochlen and his staff they were very welcoming to my son and I. The service was prompt and friendly. the only thing that I didnt enjoy was hearing him do his dictation in the hall where everyone could hear him, but overall he is a GREAT doctor i have reccomended him to several people I know.

Terrible and humiliating experience show details Terrible and humiliating experience
Oct 10th, 2009

This guy was an arrogant jerk. Par for the course for a doctor? Fine, maybe. But what you really need to know is that he stands in the middle of the clinic where everyone, all the way out to the people in the waiting room, can hear him dictate his notes! He talks about all of your really personal stuff like mental illness, disease history, etc. I even heard him say that someone was HIV - no joke. I was horrified. The facility is pretty nice and new. The nurse was nice, the receptionist was rude. Overall there is no way I would ever recommend this doctor.