J J Ruegemer MD Patient Reviews

• Minneapolis, MN

September 4th, 2016
Excellent physician
Dr Ruegemer makes a huge difference due to his skill, discernment and concern for patients.

April 19th, 2016
Dr. Rugemer is exactly the doctor my husband needed. My husband has numerous medical issues that all are related to a lesion on his pituitary stalk. Dr Rugemer makes sure to push other providers involved in my husband's care to find out the whys of what is happening. He isn't content with just adding another medication to treat a condition. He wants to know what is causing the issues not just making symptoms better. He does do his dictation in room which we appreciate, because we know exactly what is going into my husband's chart. We also know what is being communicated to other providers. With the issues my husband has we are grateful for Dr. Rugemer and all he has done and continues to do. Calls are returned in a timely manner and questions are always answered. I would and have suggested to others to see Dr Rugemer.

February 24th, 2013
I am a former patient of Dr. Ruegemer and I would like to help others make informed decisions on which doctor to trust with their health. I was a patient of Dr. Ruegemer for 2 years and had 4 office visits with him during that time. Every office visit I had with him was extremely rushed. A typical office visit with Dr. Ruegemer starts by using the first 5 minutes confirming your condition and what you have done so far while he is looking his computer and reviewing your files with him. Next he spends 5 to 10 minutes doing an exam and then telling you what your treatment will be. The last 10 minutes he dictates all of the notes from this office visit and previous information on this phone and confirms information with you by wanting you to nod to confirm that he is saying the right thing into his notes. He also dictates notes to other specialists and your general doctor at this time wanting you to nod and confirm the information he is saying into the phone. This part of the appointment is extremely awkward and frustrating because you are completely ignored unless he needs to ask you a question while he is dictating his notes. Finally, he rushes out the door wanting you to follow him down the hall while he is still talking to you about your condition. My overall experience during all of office visits left me feeling that I did not have any chance to express my concerns or ask questions. I felt rushed and frustrated each time and feeling that he did not care about how I felt or wanted to listen to anything I had to say whether it was questions or concerns that I had. After reading many other evaluations of this doctor and my own experience I feel that he over-medicates patients and does not listen to them when they have concerns about side effects that they are having. He strictly makes evaluations based on lab results and has no interest in hearing what the patient is experiencing.