Dr. Jeffrey Russell MD Patient Reviews

• Reproductive Endocrinology and Infertility Newark, DE

• Good
  • Bad

March 21st, 2016
Makes patients feel confident of treatment success
I'm a current patient of Dr. Russell (for infertility treatment) and delighted with him and his entire team at DIRM, Newark, DE. It's a painful if not heartbreaking decision for every family who visits an infertility clinic, but Dr. Russell and his team eased our concerns and made us feel confident that there was light at this dark tunnel, right from day 1. Some patients maybe a little taken aback by his no-nonsense manner, but to me his objectivity is a vital part of his success in helping families have a healthy pregnancy and baby. His calm demeanor is a boon to women patients who are often impatient, frustrated and depressed after years of failing to conceive or miscarriages. It's wonderful to see a competent doctor who is truly interested in digging and eliminating the root cause of the problem, rather than rushing patients into expensive treatments that are doomed to failure. I've never had any problems with any of his staff either - all are extremely courteous and go out of their way to make you feel a valued patient. The entire team gives you a personalized treatment program even modifying their nutrition plan for a vegan like me! Totally love the staff, and highly recommend Dr. Russell and his team.

May 19th, 2013
Mother of Twin 18 year old boys
If it wasn't for Dr. Russell I would not have been celebrating my sons high school graduation last night. After years of infertility...and many doctors...it wasn't until Dr. Russell took over did I become a mother. Dr. Russell will never truly understand the impact he has made on so many people throughout his career. Although, I have never forgotten how this man and his knowledge proved to be life changing for me. I am forever grateful to this man...and my sons have always known that they were not 'home made', but truly a 'gift'. I have always been determined to raise my sons with integrity and a strong sense of empathy...indirectly making Dr. Russell proud of his 'work'.

October 22nd, 2012
My Experience
About 10 years ago, i had to go thru ivf due to polycystic ovaries and due to issues with my then husband that were beyond his control. Heard thru the grapevine that Dr. Russell was the best around and we really wanted to have a baby. Unfortunately what i didnt hear about till later was the terrible bedside manner that Dr. Russell had with patients. First of all the cost was outrageous thru this office (after doing much research) but because of all that i had heard i thought i was paying for quality. Unfortunately for us and for our bank account that was not correct. Now dont get me wrong i know there are always risks and issues with ivf but was i was given in my eyes was substandard care. We did all that we were supposed to. I had to have polyps removed from my ovaries that were found thru all of this. I gave myself shots as directed in my belly and then hubby had to give in back hip area, drove 80 miles roundtrip every other day in the morning before i went to work to get bloodwork done at doctors office. all the while rarely saw doc but nurses were all wonderful. did this all for about 3-4 months. When it came time to harvest my eggs we only ended up with 2 viable eggs. Unfortunately as you can guess it was not successful. After a terribly emotional 2 weeks my then husband and i had to go back to consult with dr. russell about the procedure. After sitting in the waiting room for 20 minutes or so we were taken to his office where we sat for another 45 minutes getting more and more irritated. Finally he graced us with his presence but then we had to sit there in the office for another half an hour while he read my chart. Which completely floored me. I had been in and out of that office 3 days a week for the last 3-4 months and you need to read my whole chart. I thought this was the most thoughless thing that he could have done. Now i know that i was not his only patient at that time but i just suffered this horrible thing and after all the hormones and such that i was on my body was in complete diarray. Through all of this i find out that the 2 eggs that were thought to be viable were only substandard and he was afraid that neither of them would take for a pregnancy. Well that information might have been nice to have a few weeks ago dont ya think. But since they already had all my money i guess they really didnt need to give me the best care now did they. Unfortunately the emotional roller coaster took its toll on my marriage. I have remarried and by the grace of god was blessed a beautiful little girl who was conceived naturally. As lucky as i am now, i stll hold a lot of resentment towards my whole experience with this doctor and will not ever recommend him to friends or foes. i hope that someday he realizes what he puts his patients thru when he disregards their feelings.

October 19th, 2012
Knowledgeable
he is very knowledgeable...and understanding doctor...and he knows what he is doing.

June 19th, 2012
Endometrial Ablation
Dr. Dr. Russell is, in my opinion, a very capable doctor. He took time to explain my procedure and made sure I understood everything. His staff was friendly too. I had an Endometrial ablation my recovery was short, just like he told me (had the proceedure on Firday, back to work on Monday) and I have had no more periods not even spotting at this point. I was plagued with heavy monthly periods for over 30 years. THANK YOU Dr. Russell!

May 1st, 2012
Best in DE
The staff in the office is wonderful!! All the girls who take care you from bloodwork to IVF coordinators are very sweet and caring. As far as wait time goes, it's like any other doctor office - you may wait 5 mins, you may wait 30 but you get the same attenttion.Dr Russell may be "touchy feely" but he does care. Most importantly, he's up on all the latest research and will get you pregnant WITHOUT unnecessary procedures!

April 22nd, 2012
He gets results
Dr. Russell is the 2nd specialist I've been to in my quest to get pregnant. He ran more tests that the other doctor and actually diagnosed our problem that resulted in 2 miscarriages. After 10 months I was 1 month away from starting IVF and we got pregnant on our own and with his monitoring and his staff in Milford we reached our 2nd trimester and our baby is due in August. He never pressured me at all go to straight to IVF like other doctors and took the time to try all possibilities. I would recommend him to everyone I know & encourage anyone trying to get pregnant without success to see him right away & DON'T WAIT!

February 1st, 2012
I can't say enough about Dr. Russell and his staff. They are an amazing group!

October 18th, 2011
Thanks to Dr. Russell I have an "eighteen" year old precious daughter!!! He and his staff are in my daily prayers!!! I would highly recommend him. He's knowledgable, caring, professional and an expert in his field!!!

June 10th, 2011
Please don't waste your precious time and money!
Dr Russell is arrogant and incompetant. I went to him for more than 2 years - 6 IUIs and 3 IVF cycles later he told me I needed donor eggs when I left his practice. I went to a fantastic, knowledgable, caring, warm doctor in NYC and got pregnant my first IVF with my egg, with his practice. Don't listen to people when they say he isn't "warm and fuzzy"! What does that mean?! He isn't nice? I no longer deal with people who aren't nice. Life is too short.

April 15th, 2011
What a great Dr.!!! I recently had surgery for a lot of female problems. He took the time to thoroughly explain his finding & how to correct them. The surgery was a success and I'm looking forward to an IVF cycle in the next few months.

December 3rd, 2010
Ouch
Awful; went to a much better practice in DE