A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jeffrey Hunter:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 3 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Jeffrey Hunter is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jeffrey Hunter, MD is board certified in Ophthalmology.
- He has special expertise in 1 area:
- Lazy Eye (Strabismus)
Education & Awards
Dr. Hunter graduated from The University of Texas at Houston.
Dr. Hunter has 22 hospital affiliations:
- Mother Frances Hospital
- Texas Spine and Joint Hospital - Tyler
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Hunter accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Great-West Healthcare - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Blue Cross Blue Shield of Texas - 2 plans
- Superior Health Plan - 2 plans
- Scott and White Health Plan - 2 plans
- Cigna - 9 plans
- Humana - 2 plans
- USA H & W Network - 1 plan
- Aetna - 2 plans
- United Healthcare - 12 plans
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Jeffrey Hunter practice?
Dr. Jeffrey Hunter practices Ophthalmology near Tyler, TX.
Additional practice locations include: Henderson, TX and Longview, TX.
See Tyler Ophthalmologists.