Overall Review

May 30th, 2016
Dr Schoon has been my primary care doctor for over 20 years. He takes as much time as needed when I see him to find out about my health, answers all questions, and has always given me good advice and treatment. If you are looking for a doctor, that cares about you. this is the doctor

January 25th, 2016
awsome Dr
Dr Schoon is one of the few doctors that will listen to the patient and converse with them and understand them. He takes the time to make sure you understand what he see as the issue so you can both move forward. He is not the kind of Dr that will talk to you for 5 minutes and appease your addiction and prescribe more pain pills, if you are that person go elsewhere.

April 7th, 2014
Chronic pain sufferers beware!
I suffer from chronic pain and recently began seeing Dr. Schoon to continue receiving my pain medications that I have been receiving from another doctor without incident for several years. As soon as Dr. Schoon arrived in the examination room, he began talking about a pain contract where I sign that I will not drink any alcohol whatsoever, will not call the office to request refills if my medication is lost or stolen, will notify him of any over the counter medications, such as aspirin or ibuprofen, that I take, will notify him of any supplements - vitamins, herbs, etc - that I consume, will agree that I only fill my prescriptions from one specific pharmacy, will agree that I will be subjected to regular blood and urine samples, will fully cooperate with any and all directives issued to me by Dr. Schoon, that I will be courteous and respectful of him and his staff at all times, and so on with the understanding that if I am discovered to be in violation of any of the items, that he will immediately discontinue issuing me pain medication and refuse me medical treatment. Then he begins quizzing me on my use of pain medication and I explain to him that I take the medication every day as prescribed and he looks at me in disbelief as though I've admitted to being some sort of drug abuser. I tell him I've brought my X-rays and MRIs and ask him if he wants a copy of them for my records with him... "No," he responds "Would you at least like to take a look at them?" I ask. "No" The tone of the entire encounter was one of me being some sort of drug seeker and him being the doctor who believed nothing I said and who was convinced that I was going to have all sorts of illegal drugs in my system when screened. After having the blood withdrawn and peeing in the cup, I left the office in shock of what had happened - it was as though I had suddenly become a criminal. The only thing I had done was believed the doctors when they told me that my surgery would make me better, only to be terribly disappointed when I woke up with new pain that refused to go away, then had to sit there and listen to the "specialist" claim he clearly wasn't at fault but that another surgery was his preferred course of action; however, it would likely be complicated, would involve another lengthy recovery, and had a fairly high failure rate and that he had never done one before, but that my only options were to try the second surgery or remain on pain medication. Now after several years of taking the pills as prescribed and suffering with the side-effects of frequent migraine headaches, constipation, feeling tired and lethargic throughout the day, having gas/bloating, upset stomach, and so on, but taking them nonetheless because this all pales in comparison to the pain...now after all of this, I get treated like a drug abusing addict by Dr. Schoon after an appointment where he didn't review my films, didn't check my reflexes or leg strength, didn't palpate my back, didn't ask about locations of my pain, didn't have me walk to observe my gait...frankly, I've had more thorough exams from school nurses during in-school scoliosis screening. I have to say the experience with Dr.Schoon was a sudden realization that this could be the rest of my life - being suspected of being a drug-seeking addict and nothing more, so I broke down in my car for a minute, cursed my life, contemplated suicide yet again when I thought of being forced to go without pain medication, cursed doctors who seem interested in nothing but money who offer their false promises of healing my body and returning me to a normal pain-free life, and then finally drove away wondering what I had done wrong to deserve to be treated this way while I can watch other people who sprain their wrist get prescribed hydrocodone by their doctors. To sum up my review - if you suffer from chronic pain, Dr. Schoon will make you feel like you are a drug-seeking addict and that he is only tolerating you because of the billings he can get for his office, but that if you do anything he doesn't like, he will make sure you suffer for it. If you suffer from chronic pain, do yourself a favor - you already suffer from enough frustration each day by dealing with the pain, don't add to your frustration by seeking out treatment from Dr. Schoon.

March 19th, 2014
Dr. Schoon is very caring. He takes time to listen and I never feel rushed. He cares about me medically and as a person. I rarely have to wait long to get back into the room or for him. If I do have to wait, I know it is because he is busy but never have I felt like my appt. is then rushed - he always still takes time for my appt. Scheduling with him at times that work for me is not a problem. His staff has been always nice to me (his nurses and receptionist) He is knowledgeable (he does well with diagnosis and medications). He is straight forward at times but genuine & sincere about it but I always know what is going on!! He spends a good amount of time with me; never feel like my appt is rushed at all!! He has done follow up phone calls and that is appreciated! He has also communicated with other doctors that I have/am seeing so that they can be in communication.I am thankful that I have switched to Dr. Schoon and grateful for him as my primary care doctor.