Psychiatrist

2000 Van Ness Ave
Ste 210
San Francisco, CA 94109
415-673-7700
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

Some ratings provided by CitySearch. DrScore.
 |  Convenient and time-effective  |  show details
by Brightlight 1423 at Citysearch on Mar 11th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I have been using Dr. Schwartz for my ADHD medication supervision and prescribing for several months now. I am very impressed by Dr. Schwartz`s ability to run such a convenient and time-effective service. He did not waste my time on the first visit. He was prompt and was able to ask all the right questions and review all the important things in order to make a diagnosis on my first visit. I walked out with a prescription that visit. Working with him is very convenient for me in that I do not have to repeatedly skip out of work to check in with him. We do all the follow-ups by phone, and the office mails the prescription to my pharmacy. It is obvious that this save me a great deal of time. None of the other psychiatrists that I had researched offered such convenient and time-effective services. I would recommend Dr. Schwartz to anyone who has ADHD or other psychiatric conditions which require medications but who do not want the therapy.

|  Good doctor  |  show details
Mar 5th, 2011

Dr. Schwartz's office is extremely organized and efficient. The polite receptionist answers the phone during business hours and is able to answer any questions about your prescriptions or appointment dates. Dr. Schwartz is very knowledgeable about medications and gives you professional answers to your questions. I also find the office convenient in that I can follow up by phone, and their office takes care of getting the prescription to my pharmacy.

|  Good doctor, good office, happy patient  |  show details
by KS232 at Citysearch on Mar 5th, 2011 on citysearch.com

I am very happy to have found and picked Dr. Schwartz for my psychiatric medication management. I called a few other doctors before calling Dr. Schwartz, but none of the other offices actually picked up their phones and talked with you when you called. I left voice mail messages, and only one other office called me back. Dr. Schwartz`s office answered the phone directly when I called during the listed hours, and his assistant was very friendly, polite, knowledgeable, and helpful. She answered all of my questions over the phone, including what it would cost me. The doctor himself was on time, professional, and asked all the appropriate questions necessary to prescribe me psychiatric medications for my condition. I follow up by phone on a monthly basis, and am extremely happy with the response I have had to my medications, as well as the professional monitoring by Dr. Schwartz. Dr. Schwartz does not do therapy, but if you want psychiatric medication services and do not want therapy, I would recommend Dr. Schwartz.

|  Happy I found Dr. Schwartz  |  show details
by A satisfied patient on Aug 3rd, 2010

I am very happy to have found Dr. Schwartz. I had major problems with ADHD, and I have been helped immeasurably by his treatment. He is very knowledgeable about psychiatric treatments, and is very convenient to work with. His office staff is very professional and answers the phone directly during office hours. I have found working with Dr. Schwartz a pleasure.

|  Unresponsive  |  show details
by kk at Citysearch on Jan 7th, 2008 on citysearch.com

I hope Dr. Schwartz reads this review and is able to take it into consideration. I`ve tried to reach Dr. Schwartz`s practice several times in the past two weeks and was met both times by lengthy voicemail messages directing me to leave my information and assuring me that someone would get back to me within two business days. My doctor also called and left a message. Neither she nor I have received a response from anyone at Dr. Schwartz`s office. His Web site says that he is a convenient psychiatrist, but I`ve been very frustrated by his office`s lack of professionalism.

by k_k on Jan 7th, 2008 on citysearch.com

I hope Dr. Schwartz reads this review and is able to take it into consideration. I've tried to reach Dr. Schwartz's practice several times in the past two weeks and was met both times by lengthy voicemail messages directing me to leave my information and

by tunneltop on Oct 3rd, 2007 on citysearch.com

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  Nothing but great experience with him and his staff  |  show details
by tunneltop at Citysearch on Oct 3rd, 2007 on citysearch.com

I have been a patient of Dr. Schwartz for over 4 years and have had nothing but excellent service and attention. Dr. Schwartz is very easy to talk to and even has nice sense of humor. I feel lucky to have him available as a medical resource and have benefited greatly from seeing him. His practice has changed somewhat recently but he has gone out of his way to make the transition easy for his clients. I`m clearly a big fan.

by nix72 on Oct 13th, 2006 on citysearch.com

i have been a patient of dr schwartz for many months now and i think that he and his staff are some of the best people on their game. i have called to ask questions regarding my medication for insurance reasons and everytime i've called the person on the

Read Full Review at citysearch.com
 |  professional and fast  |  show details
by nix72 at Citysearch on Oct 13th, 2006 on citysearch.com

i have been a patient of dr schwartz for many months now and i think that he and his staff are some of the best people on their game. i have called to ask questions regarding my medication for insurance reasons and everytime i`ve called the person on the other end quickly located my file and was able to answer just about everything i needed to know. they might be very very busy but it feels like personal customer service to me... i never felt like they didn`t know who i was. also i find that the doctor is thorough but not time consuming and very knowledgable.

|  We respond to feedback  |  show details
by jeff112 at Citysearch on Oct 12th, 2006 on citysearch.com

We have over 400 satisfied clients in our practice. We rarely get complaints like the one posted above. As far as I know, I am the only medication-management psychiatrist in San Francisco with three full-time medical assistants for one doctor. That means 99 of the time you get the best customer service in town for a solo psychiatric practice. You can call our office any work day between Monday through Friday, and get your call answered directly by a trained medical assistant. Because we have three assistants and 400 patients, and many many patient interactions every week, and because my assistants are human, there is a one in a thousand chance that a call will not be returned by mistake. If that happens, all you have to do is pick up the phone and call us on any workday and you will get a live person to address your issue with.

by jeff112 on Oct 12th, 2006 on citysearch.com

by roxanne2000 on Sep 8th, 2006 on citysearch.com

I called one morning to make an appointment as a new patient. I was told that I needed to be screened and someone would call me back. That afternoon, I called back and was told they were really backed up and someone would call later that day (they close

|  TERRIBLE patient relations  |  show details
by roxanne2000 at Citysearch on Sep 8th, 2006 on citysearch.com

I called one morning to make an appointment as a new patient. I was told that I needed to be screened and someone would call me back. That afternoon, I called back and was told they were really backed up and someone would call later that day they close at 630. By the end of the following day, no one had called me back, so I called again and they assured me someone would call me the next morning. The next day comes... no call all day. So on the fourth day, I called back and they said, \"\"Oh, I`m sorry, the doctor decided yesterday that we won`t accept any new insurance patients.\"\" We were going to call everyone, but there are 18 patients and we haven`t had time to make the calls. Come on! How long does it take to call 18 people and leave a message. This doctor really advertises heavily and I guess that`s why he has such a big influx of new patients... but is this really the way to handle them So, I`ve wasted a week waiting for these clowns to call me back and now I`m back to square one!