Dr. Jeffrey Seltzer MD Patient Reviews

March 11th, 2017
Extremely Knowledgeable

October 10th, 2016
Unprofessional, rude, unprepared
My mother was recently hospitalized for angina. Day 1 she was told it was likely a heart event because her troponin levels were trending higher. Day 2 she was given a stress test where she had a repeat of angina like symptoms. She was told Dr. Seltzer would come in to discuss results and give her options. HOURS later he came in. Did not know why she was in hospital, had not read results of stress test. Demanded she tell him why he had to come into talk to her. Then after she told him her recent history, he told her she needed cardiac cath, that was terribly dangerous for someone in her condition. Perhaps Dr. Seltzer is simply becoming too old to keep up with the demands of caring for patients, or perhaps he is a rude, insensitive jerk. Regardless I would not recommend him as a physician.

June 22nd, 2015
forgotten patient
Was a patient for a number of years. When I was feeling poorly early last year he sent me for some tests, then when the results came into his attention I was never made aware of any problem until I received a letter stating that I Had missed an appointment and that if I ever needed them they would be available. I made an appointment for the following week. When I was at the appointment he came hurrying into the examining room stating that I needed more tests right away. I asked him why ,if my tests were so bad he never notified me of any problem. His response made me feel as if he was trying to brush that away as if it was my fault. At that time I stated that this was all his fault and I should have been informed of the test results. I then went for the testing he ordered and the results showed I needed a double bypass and a valve replacement immediately, and it was completed at Hartford Hosp. within a few days by my cardiac/vascular surgeon.

April 16th, 2015
Why I like Dr. Seltzer
Dr. Seltzer is by far the most knowledgeable cardiologist in eastern Connecticut. His in depth appreciation for the mechanics, chemistry and physics of the heart is impressive. He listens and tries to form a care plan with the patient as the focal point of his application.

October 12th, 2014