A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jeffrey Shaps:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Jeffrey Shaps is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Shaps
Influenza Patient Education Learn all about influenza and common symptoms of the flu as well as treating this type of viral infection.Before Visiting Dr. Shaps Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jeffrey Shaps, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Liver Diseases
- Peptic Ulcer
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Shaps graduated from University of Guadalajara, Mexico, San Antonio.
Dr. Shaps has 9 hospital affiliations:
- SVCMC St Vincent's Hospital Richmond
- Brooklyn University Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Jeffrey Allan Shaps MD is a male Internist, has 36 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Jeffrey A. Shaps practice?
- Dr. Jeffrey Shaps has 1 office location.
Dr. Jeffrey Shaps practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Staten Island, NY.
See Staten Island Internists and Staten Island Gastroenterologists.