A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jeffrey Shaps:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Jeffrey Shaps is Good.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Prepare before visiting Dr. Shaps
Birth Control Patient Education Patient information guide about birth control and various types of reversable and irreversable contraception techniques.Before Visiting Dr. Shaps Learn More
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jeffrey Shaps, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- He has special expertise in 8 areas:
- Acid Reflux Disease (Gastroesophageal Reflux / GERD)
- Hepatitis C
- Irritable Bowel Syndrome (IBS)
- Liver Diseases
- Peptic Ulcer
- Ulcerative Colitis
Education & Awards
Dr. Shaps graduated from University of Guadalajara, Mexico, San Antonio.
Dr. Shaps has 9 hospital affiliations:
- SVCMC St Vincent's Hospital Richmond
- Brooklyn University Hospital
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Jeffrey Allan Shaps MD is a male Internist, has 36 years of experience and practices in Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology.
- Where does Dr. Jeffrey A. Shaps practice?
- Dr. Jeffrey Shaps has 1 office location.
Dr. Jeffrey Shaps practices Internal Medicine and Gastroenterology near Staten Island, NY.
See Staten Island Internists and Staten Island Gastroenterologists.