The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer, including signs, symptoms & what happens to the body in each stage of cancer.
- Birth Control Facts about birth control to help decide which type is right for you.
- Lung Cancer Get lung cancer facts, including risk for developing it.
- Metastatic Melanoma The facts about metastatic melanoma, a serious skin cancer.
- Skin Cancer Get the facts about skin cancer, including the types and symptoms.
- Urinary Incontinence The symptoms and causes of urinary incontinence or urge incontinence.
- Breast Cancer Breast cancer facts, including risks for developing it.
- Cancer Get the facts you need about cancer.
- Chemotherapy A breakdown of the types of chemotherapy & potential side effects.
- Colonoscopy Facts about colonoscopy, including how and why it's done.
- Endometriosis Facts about endometriosis, including symptoms.
- View All Care Guides Prepare for your next visit with our extensive library of Care Guides
About Dr. Jeffrey Stern
Dr. Jeffrey Stern, MD is a Doctor primarily located in Berkeley, CA. He has 41 years of experience. His specialties include Surgical Oncology, General Surgery and Gynecologic Oncology. Dr. Stern is affiliated with Alta Bates Summit Medical Center - Herrick Campus, St Mary's Medical Center and Chinese Hospital. Dr. Stern has received 2 awards. He speaks English.
Dr. Jeffrey Stern has the following 3 specialties
- Surgical Oncology
Surgical oncologists play various roles in treating cancer. They can perform biopsies to determine if a tumor is cancerous or not. If it is, they’re trained to remove the tumor, tissue, and in some cases, all or part of an organ or bodily structure...
- General Surgery
A surgical specialist is a physician who has additional training in a specific area of surgery.
The American Board of Medical Specialties acknowledges the following surgical specialties: general surgery, thoracic and cardiac surgery,...
- Gynecologic Oncology
Gynecologic oncologists specialize in cancers that occur in the female reproductive system. This includes ovarian cancer, cervical cancer and endometrial cancer, as well as the less commonly talked about female reproductive cancers like vulvar...