Dr. Jeffrey Stern Is this you?

3.9

Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey Stern?

Misogynyst with a scalpel

Posted on July 2nd, 2017

Adding to this story. (Walk, no RUN away from this guy!!!!) I was diagnosed with 4th stage cancer via a CT/Pet scan. I was told I had 6 months to live unless "surgery was next week." THANK GOODNESS I LISTENED TO MY INSTINCTS!!! I went to an other oncologist who stated "I just don't feel you have cancer. Have you had any biopsies?" And the answer was "NO." I had not. This is the problem. When you are told by two "conjoined" MDs that you have cancer and you WILL die unless major surgery is completed, what are you to do? Do you trust "experts" or your own instincts? Do you trust a man who can't even look you in the eye when he is telling you "It all has to go..." with a cavalier swoop of his hand. WOULD HE SAY THE SAME THING TO A MAN? I thank my lucky stars! I listened and went straight to UCSF for a second opinion. They asked... "Were you on your period when you had the CT/PET scan? YUP, I was. Well then, you should know that hormonal changes CAN give you false positives. "Oh, OK. No one told me that... a month ago when I had that CT/PET scan... that I REQUESTED after the 4th stage diagnosis from an ultrasound." Then they asked "Have you had any biopsies?" "Nope." I could feel my UCSF oncologists blood pressure rise. But, being a professional, she said "We'll need biopsies before progressing." But, I exclaimed. "Dr. Stern stated I was dying and needed all my female organs removed ASAP." She looked at me, and paused. "I've interned with Dr Stern." Silence. I looked her in the eye and asked. "Do you do laparoscopic surgeries for fibroids? or do I need to be cut rib cage to pubic bone like he planned?" She looked at me and said "No. I can do the fibroid surgery vaginally, so you'll have no scars. But Dr. Stern doesn't do laparoscopic surgeries, which is why he told you what he did. And recovery from laparoscopic surgery will be a couple of days, versus months. That sealed the deal that I had the right MD and I should walk away from the misogyny of Dr. Stern's care. He really shouldn't be treating women as his hatred of them is palpable.

wonderful MD

Posted on February 28th, 2014

My mother was diagnosed with advanced ovarian cancer back in 1983. Dr. Stern , back then was very aggressive with the debulking surgery and aggressive treatment that she lived another 9 years which is fairly remarkable for being diagnosed in such a late state. Thank you Dr. Stern.

Posted on June 9th, 2011

He didn't have the best bedside manager ... but 10 years after his surgery to debulk and remove my ovarian cancer ... I am still cancer free ... this is do to his excellent skills and ability ... I don't really care about his bedside manner so much ;-)

excellent oncological surgeon

Posted on July 21st, 2010

I was recommended to Dr. Stern and am so glad I was. He is highly regarded by his peers, those in the hospital and patients nationwide. He accurately diagnosed my cervical cancer and caught it before it spread. He has saved my life. His association with UCSF means he keeps up with recent techniques. I give him my highest recommendation.

Posted on August 13th, 2009

Dr Stern is a......"ROCK STAR".

Posted on August 23rd, 2017