A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jeffrey Shapiro:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
- Currently 4 of 4 stars
The overall average patient rating of Dr. Jeffrey Shapiro is Excellent.
|Ease of Appointment||
|Spends Time with Me||
|Follows Up After Visit||
Specialties & Research
Dr. Jeffrey Shapiro, MD is board certified in Internal Medicine.
- He has special expertise in 5 areas:
- Acute Coronary Syndrome (ACS)
- Heart Block
- High Blood Pressure (Hypertension)
- Unstable Angina
Education & Awards
Dr. Shapiro graduated from New York Medical College, Valhalla. He has 1 awards.
Dr. Shapiro has 19 hospital affiliations:
- New York Presbyterian Hospital / Columbia
- Nyu Hospital For Joint Diseases
Accepted Insurance Plans
Dr. Shapiro accepts these health insurances in at least one office:
- Humana - 2 plans
- The Empire Plan (UHC) - 1 plan
- United Healthcare - 2 plans
- HIP Health Plan of New York - 2 plans
- Empire Blue Cross Blue Shield - 2 plans
- Unicare - 2 plans
- Univera Healthcare - 1 plan
- Neighborhood Health Plan (NHP) - 1 plan
- Oxford Health Plans - 2 plans
- Cigna - 3 plans
- Great-West Healthcare - 3 plans
- Evercare - 1 plan
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Where does Dr. Jeffrey T. Shapiro practice?
Dr. Jeffrey Shapiro practices Internal Medicine near New York, NY.
Additional practice locations include: Scarsdale, NY and Rosedale, NY.
See New York Internists.