Dr. Jeffrey Tilkin MD Patient Reviews

2.4

August 27th, 2016
Dr tilkin and his front desk girl are the absolute worst people in the planet . They work out if the stone ages and are completely unorganized . The worst !!!

January 1st, 2015
former patient
I came across this site,and was disturbed by what I saw. I saw him when I was 19 years old up into my 30s I stopped seing him due to the fact he would not return my phone calls,and when I missed an appointment it was almost impossible to get through to him to get a new one leaving me to feel as if he was punishing me for not coming in my depression was so bad most days I never left my house,but he always made eye contact listened to me and discussed medication always with me. He was very helpful with a lot of very difficult times in my life,and I would actually like to see him again if possible. I also felt I could tell him anything and actually have never feeling judged as I have with other doctors

August 18th, 2014
Dr Tilkin was the worst one have ever had in lifetime, He is careless, doesn't care who you are, he only cares about himself, he is playing as God, completely a life liar and destroyer.

July 31st, 2014
Excellent, straightforward and very helpful
Saw him many years ago for several sessions. He made four distinct recommendations which I followed, which were in retrospect perfect. I am alive, well,and happy many years later because of him. Came across this website because I am planning to fly to Chicago next month to thank him.

May 29th, 2014
Life liar
I strongly agree the previous reviews here: " he is a completely liar and life destroyer. Stay as far from him as possible. He doesn't care about you or anyone "

March 4th, 2014
Dr. Tilkin a MADMAN trying to rob you while giving you thr bum's rush
He has not or is too incompetent to even give me a diagnosis. He's rude talks fast and cannot give any patient true quality time because he's just in it for the money!!!!

August 30th, 2013
Unreturned calls!
Does not return phone calls OR emails...and lied to my PCP. Avoid him at all costs!

September 19th, 2010
He's a complete liar and life destroyer. Stay as far away from him as possible. He doesn't care about you or anyone, only himself and playing God. He's psychotic and will take it out on you. You've been warned.

May 22nd, 2009
Poor Communication Skills
Dr. Tilkin is a poor listener, tends to make decisions based on his first impressions alone. Does not share his assessments or plan with the patient (including his diagnosis!). Does not communicate with patient's other mental health providers (non-phsyciatric therapist). Does not make eye contact or elicit information from patient. Tends to type into computer throughout patient/psychiatrist interaction.In my opinion, he may have issues with misogyny. He certainly is non-supportive and not able to assess the patient's environmental issues as they affect behaviors.I would avoid this doc.

April 29th, 2008
This doctor is totally ignorant about the drugs he prescribes
He knows nothing about side=effects. He cannot see that the patinet is not doing well on the drug right before his eyes and will keep increasing the drug until you wind up in ER with a very serious over reaction. He doesn't even follow-up but hides like a mouse. this is truly the worst and most careless psychiatrist I have ever had the bad luck to see in my whole life.