Orthopedic Surgeons
Video profile
9132 Columbia Ave
Munster, IN 46321
(219) 836-2225
Locations and availability (2)

3.0

Jan 31st, 2014

I waited for an extra hour and a half, in the waiting room, after my mother's knee surgery because I was told the doctor would come down to speak with family. He never showed. They even called him and confirmed that he left. He never came back or even called me. I took my mom to every follow-up office visit and finally met him 6 months later because I asked the nurse practitioner to send him in. He had no clue why he was sent into my mom's room and started talking to her about her shoulder. The surgery had been on her knees :( #notimpressed

|  get a second opinion  |  show details
Jul 27th, 2012

I was referred to this doctor by a friend. I had a torn meniscus.Dr. Tioco wanted me to do therapy for 6 weeks. I went to a different orthopedic doctor, had surgery within the week. MY knee is doing great now. I feel I waisted a lot of time waiting for my appt. with tioco. He billed my insurance $740.00 for the first appt.

|  SLAP Lesio repair  |  show details
Apr 11th, 2012

I would recommend this doctor for shoulder repair. He went in for a simple repair and because shoulders are notoriously difficult to diagnose even with the best imaging, he had to do other repairs (the national average on correct diagnosis with my particular injury is 50%). After the surgery and recovery I've met 50 people with the same injury including a former sox pitcher, and every one of them seems to believe my shoulder is doing better than theirs ever did. I have full range of motion, my strength is back to 90% of peak performance and I have been growing stronger daily so i expect that to continue with practice. In one area I am actually at better performance than I was pre-injury. He's a little standoffish, I suspect he is shy. Although he didn't spend a lot of time with me his surgical nurse is there the entire time for every appointment. His phone number is incorrect in a number of places so it's difficult to arrange appointments without knowing the correct number. My biggest problem and someone else mentioned this is that he is not practical when it comes to treatment vs occupation. I worked as a barge loader a job that routinely requires me to lift 100-200 pounds above my head daily and he gave me the all clear to return to work within six weeks. Luckily my Rehabilitation therapist stepped in and told him no otherwise I would have been expected to work at a job that was impossible to do in my condition, endangering people's lives in the process. He clearly works on the side of Businesses and insurance and is not much for patient rights, but I forgive him considering how good a job he did in repairing my shoulder.

|  Great Dr. Awesome staff  |  show details
Mar 3rd, 2012

Dr. Tioco explained my condition very well. Let me know what to expect and put my mind at ease. The whole staff genuinely care and they all have smiles on their faces!!

Feb 19th, 2012

Great staff and great Dr!I would recommend Dr. Tioco as the best Dr that we have ever met. He is very polite and caring and his staff are all wonderfull!

|  Perfect Doctor  |  show details
Jun 1st, 2011

I had my hip replaced 6 years ago and haven't had any problems. This is a great physician and he has an excellent staff. I have always been able to get in to see him with just a phone call. I really appreciate his overall caring disposition! ;-)

by Mary Scher on Apr 19th, 2011

Having gone to 2 other Ortho Physicians and waiting more than 2 hours in each office, Dr. Tioco was amazing that it only took 20 minutes to see him. His bedside manner is excellent and he is very easy to speak with at your appointment

by Andrew S. on Dec 2nd, 2010

Dr. Tioco has a very pleasant and gentle demeanor. He will answer all questions asked. Very likeable and is an excellent surgeon. He did surgery on my mother for a broken pelvis 9 or 10 years ago and did a beautiful job on the incision almost like a plastic surgeon would. I have seen him as well and would highly recommend him.

|  Great Doctor  |  show details
by Tim on May 14th, 2010

Dr Tioco accurately diagnosed my torn miniscus, his staff was very professional in setting up my surgery.Very informative, great bedside manor.

by Julia on May 13th, 2010

Dr. Tioco is an excellent doctor. He repaired my ACL and I'm better than ever now! Very precise and caring. Also did a great job at educating me on exactly what the procedure would entail. Thank you!!!

Nov 2nd, 2009

Bad doc.Thank's to him I now have a totally messed up knee.What started out as an easy surgery ended up a total knee replacement and an infection that will remain with me for the rest of my life.His lack of caring has caused me one messed up knee.HE SUCK"S!!!!!!!!!

Sep 1st, 2009

this dr. will be on the side of who's paying the bill, does not stand on his own for the patients.

by Julie on Dec 31st, 2008

He did a wonderful job repairing my shoulder