Dr. Jeffrey Triest Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey Triest?

• Good
  • Bad
  • Good
  • Bad

April 14th, 2015

Very good bedside manner

December 2nd, 2014

TURP

I have been a kidney stone patient of Dr. Triest for years. However, recently, I was out of town and had an episode that required emergency catheterization in order to void. Upon returning home, Dr. Triest immediately saw me and recommended a TURP procedure. As a very active and normal male in my late 50's, the description of it scared me silly. After trusting in his skills, I had the procedure done and wished I had had it done 15 years earlier. I no longer have any systems, have no consequences sexually resulting from the procedure and am fortunate to have met this professional who diagnosed and treated my problem. Every male should have such a gifted and understanding healer.

December 18th, 2013

Clergy

Very approachable . Patient, courteous, friendly knowledgeable and professional. Dr. Triest takes time to educate and explain with consideration and simplicity . Tops in my opinion .

June 24th, 2012

Great Doctor

Dr. Triest is great at what he does. He has changed my husbands stents for many years and there have not been any problems. Before Dr. Triest we had many problems. We think he is the best.

August 30th, 2011

I was referred to Dr. Triest by my primary care physician for treatment of my kidney stones. Dr. Triest was able to not only treat the stones that I had but, he also workied with me to help me understand why I get them. No previous urologist ever took the time with me to help reduce my chances of getting another stone. I would refer any friends or relatives to Dr. Triest. He is pleasant and very knowledgeable.

June 29th, 2010

Complete Lack of Followup or explanation

Dr. Triest treated a kidney stone. Before going into surgery he indicated that he would use laser lithotripsy to eliminate the kidney stone. After the surgery he had performed a different procedure and implanted a stint between the kidney and bladder. Dr. Triest did not visit after the procedure and no information was given by the wayne state / oakwood staff except a stock 1 sheet piece of paper indicating a 3 week followup and to take pain medication as necessary.Calls and messages left at his office were unsuccessful in getting any information about why the change was made or if the post surgery discomfort and pain was normal or out of the ordinary. (not sure if Dr. Triest ever received any messages, his nurses may have been so efficient at blocking that he never knew anything was amiss) Two days before the scheduled followup, a letter was received indicating an appointment for surgery two weeks later (5 weeks after the surgery). Frantic calls as to the meaning of this new appointment were unanswered.Finally, after three weeks of pain and discomfort, a new urologist was sought, one who would actually return calls or explain surgerys performed.Attempts to make formal complaints (or just to state the facts) to Wayne State or Oakwood were unsuccessful, thus this posting.

August 17th, 2017