Allergy & Immunology Specialist, Internist
37595 W Seven Mile Rd
Suite 320
Livonia, MI 48152
800-739-6100
Locations and availability (3)

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
 |  Allergies resistant to treatment  |  show details
Oct 7th, 2012

My doctor referred me because he thinks Dr. Tulin-Silver is among the best. I do have allergies, but Dr. Tulin-Silver showed me by cough was not from asthma, but from my esophagus. I have an unusual form of acid reflux, and Dr. Tulin-Silver contacted my family doctor. After a GI evaluation and treatment, my throat and chest congestion really improved. A smart doctor, listens carefully, and really helped me.

|  Solved my chronic cough problem  |  show details
Aug 17th, 2011

I had been bothered with a chronic cough for more than one year. A previous allergist told me that it was caused by a food allergy and put me on a very restricted diet (no help). He also suggested allergy shots. A friend told me about Dr. T-S. He carefully listened to me for 20-25 minutes, reviewed my previous tests (which he didn't think were accurate), thought I had GERD and put me on prilosec. My cough was gone in about one week. I now have a normal diet and no cough. For my allergies, I am on Flonase.

Jun 11th, 2011

Referred by a friend. Very professional staff. A careful listerner. Smart guy, not arrogant. Did an allergy workup that was very reasonable. Gave me a written, legible, treatment plan - never had a doctor do that for me before.

May 18th, 2011

I was referred by my doctor. The office staff was friendly and professional. The nurses were great (especially Nancy). Dr. Tulin-Silver saw me on time, listened attentively to my history and did the appropriate tests. His diagnosis was clear and concise, and he answered all of my questions. One of the best doctor offices that I have ever been to.

|  Joy SB  |  show details
Mar 27th, 2011

Dr. Tulin-Silver has been taking care of my allergies for years. I recently developed an ulcer in my vagina, and I had allergic reactions to oral and vaginal progesterone. Dr. T-S worked closely with my Gyn and desensitized me to progesterone with progesterone drops under the tongue. Eventually, I could tolerate the progesterone and my ulcer is almost completely healed!! I just wish he was my family doctor.

|  Food allergy  |  show details
by hln on Feb 12th, 2011

My doctor referred me to Dr. Tulin-Silver for food allergy problems. I don't have food allergies. I have adverse food reactions and Dr. Tulin-Silver carefully explained the difference. He only did a limited number of tests so my cost for this visit was very reasonable. His nurse called me 2 days later to see if I had any questions. No doctor has ever done that before. Very good doctor, very good care.

|  Bad cough  |  show details
Feb 3rd, 2011

I had a bad cough for about 7 months. My family doctor told me it was caused by my GERD. A friend recommended me to Dr. Tulin-Silver. He listened to me, did a few allergy tests and a breathing test and diagnosed asthma. He started me on a steroid inhaler and my cough was gone in 2 days. I am still on this inhaler, and use Albuterol before exercise. He is concerned about costs. He had me use a generic spray which works just great! He also has an excellent staff.

|  Rick Tanburn  |  show details
Dec 21st, 2010

Thought Dr. Tulin-Silver was an excellent doctor. Suffered anaphylactic shock the week before and saw Dr. T-S to manage my symptoms and treatment. Was incredibly patient and walked me through my diagnosis and my treatment options. Was very understanding and caring. Would highly recommend him to my others.

by William Stutman on Nov 22nd, 2010

Doctor rushed through exam, did not care to answer questions.I paid upfront for the exam and tests, and they billed insurance a higher amount, and billed me again????DO NOT GO THERE. They only care about money, not you.

|  the worst Dr. EVER!  |  show details
by a NEVER again patient on Nov 21st, 2010

This Dr. looked me straight in the eye and told me that my GP(who I've known 20 yrs or more) LIED to me about being allergic to certain meds AND he told me the specialists I'd seen also LIED to me and that I didn't have what diagnosis they told me I had!!! He said they "Lied" to me and that I could "throw away the prescription note that the specialist had given me telling anyone in an emergency situation, that "I should NOT Have a blood transfusion due to low IGA , that the RBC's must be washed first" or I could "DIE from antigens". This is what they told me but DR Tulin-Silver said I could "throw that prescription letter away" and it was "Not true" and he said that I didnt have the diagnosis of an "immune deficiency" which is why they sent me to an immunologist in the first place. (and I CHOSE HIM and should have chose someone else!!!) Then when we went to close out at the desk leaving his office, the reciept said "immune deficiency" sooooo HUH????? Which is it?...and "IMMUNE deficiency"??? oR an "IMMUNE deficiency"???? OMGOSH he had NO BEDSIDE MANNER and as I put my hand out to shake his in the beginning, he passed me by and shook my husbands hand and introduced himself to him instead of ME ,the patient!!! It was a horrible experience and I would never recommend him as a treating Dr. and I will never go back there!!!

Oct 24th, 2010

I thought he was a caring, thoughtful, intelligent doctor. He carefully listened to me, explained what was going to happen, and then reviewed his diagnoses with me. His treatment plan was very helpful. I would recommend my friends to him.