Dr. Jeffrey Vrielink Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey Vrielink?

September 25th, 2017

This guy is a creep!!!!

March 9th, 2017

Wonderful doctor

Great doctor ! Takes the time to listen to what I have to say, how I'm feeling etc ! Would recommend him to anyone. Great doctor ! He doesn't just hand out meds and send you on your way. He pays attention to what's going on with you etc and basis med off that if " need be" . Overall a wonderful doctor !

October 30th, 2015

Shouldn't Be Allowed to Practice

I don't know how this man is still allowed to practice. When my daughter brought in books about natural healing to talk with him he immediately went into a rant about it being the devil's work. How is that even allowed with someone who is working with people with mental health issues?

August 11th, 2015

I was traveling out of town for a vacation - got 1/2 way to my destination (about 7 hours away) only to realize I had forgotten my medication. I called Dr. Vrielinks office and the next morning he was able to call in a new script to a local pharmacy. I was so grateful for the promptness with which my situation was handled.

April 13th, 2014

Dr. Vrielink is a compassionate Christian who took time to talk with me and see me as a whole person, rather than simply write me a prescription for medications. I found healing not only through the medications he prescribed, but through his therapeutic coaching to help me understand and manage my mental illness. I appreciated his use of Scripture and prayer to remind me of the truth and hope that I have through Jesus Christ. I highly recommend his services.

September 25th, 2013

Patient

I have read some of the reviews below and any problems that may have occurred must be because he was at Pine Rest. Dr. Vrielink has his own private practice now and my experience with him has been wonderful. I have seen 5 different psychiatrists and have never had a connection and never have been treated with the respect that I have received from Dr. Vrielink.

September 19th, 2013

excellent

This is the best psychiatrist I have evre been to. he is by far the most through caring man i hav e ever meant in a practice.He is there right with you feeli g your pain and does everything and takes many diefferent avenus to help his patinets including prayer. I truly love the way yhecares from the heart and does not give up. You will not be disappointed!!!!

May 29th, 2008

Cold hearted and sloppy

Dr. Vrielink is very rude and condescending. He constantly interrupts and claims he is here to educate. He was also acted the same to my husband who was trying to get answers from him. He doesn't seem at all interested in what his patient has to say. He removed me from my medication immedietely, however the medication I was on required to stop taking it gradually. When i confronted the doctor about this he said "let's change the subject." In short, I believe Dr. Jeffrey J Vrielink has no business practicing medicine.

Doctor's Response

When patients are in a floridly manic state, they speak very rapidly and it is difficult to get clinically relevant information. I will let them speak for a while, but at some point I have to redirect the interview to other categories and will ask them "Can we please change the subject?" so I can complete my evaluation. This patient was difficult to redirect and took offense. Regarding her medication: I carefully explained to her that if I continued her on the antidepressant, it would lengthen her hospital stay, because it would take longer for the mood stabilizer to do its job. Consequently she would risk getting a larger hospital bill. The risk of discontinuation symptoms were low, and she would be in a monitored setting in the hospital, so that if they did emerge, she could be placed back on a lower dose to help the transition--if needed. Due to her racing thoughts at the time, she most likely has poor recall of the time I spent educating her about these points. I do spend a lot of time educating my patients about their symptoms, diagnoses, and medication options. It empowers them to make informed choices and gives them a sense of control. When one's thoughts are racing the brain cannot encode the thoughts into long-term memory and they are easily forgotten. This appears to be the case with this patient.

SHOW