Dr. Jeffrey Winston Is this you?

2.9

Neutral

Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey Winston?

This man nearly cost me my life

Posted on July 10th, 2017

I am a wife and mother. 7 years ago I was seeing Dr. Winston and was told I had chronic anxiety and was prescribed a massive amount of Xanax coupled with ambien. I saw Dr. Winston monthly and my husband had to take me to every appointment because I was so doped up I was unable to drive. I was in a constant haze and wanted to die. Every visit was the same..he simply sat down, took out his script pad and asked, "What do you want today?" That was it. I was never told what would happen if and when I ever stopped taking these drugs. When I was at my bottom and knew it was the drugs, I stopped. I had three grand mahl seizures and it is truly a miracle I am alive today. When I went back to him begging to be weaned safely I was kindly shown the back door and told to go to Peachford, which I did. Please, please don't ever go to this man and, more importantly, don't ever take a benzodiazepine. Thankfully, I have been free of these horrific drugs for 5 years and have devoted my life to helping others do the same.

Unbelievable posts

Posted on February 17th, 2017

I have seen Dr. Winston for a while now. None of these 1 star ratings should be warranted . in my opinion. I have never had a problem with appointments (ZocDoc), and the personnel are extremely friendly. If you do leave a message they WILL call you back. I would personally recommen this Doctor

A Good Doctor

Posted on February 17th, 2017

I have been seeing Dr Winston for anxiety issues. He takes the time to listen and has helped greatly

Worst experience ever

Posted on September 17th, 2016

This place & Dr Winston are a tragity! If someone were in dyer need of mental help I shutter to think this is whom they must depend on. I've never seen or been to a Dr's office that there was so much disorganization. The office in Dunwoody is the size of a shoebox, therefore there is absolutely no privacy when discussing financial matters. His staff was nice enough, Dr. Winston is so aloof it's ridiculous. After waiting almost 2 hours to see him, he has his assistant read my paperwork to him in front of me as if I were not even in the room, secondly he was looking at his phone the entire time I was there which was only about 15 minutes after waiting 2 hours. I went in to discuss my diagnosis of ADHD and treatment and he suggested I get a sleep study done! Really! Or better yet go to a hypnosis clinic! Meditate! Someone with ADHD meditate! Really! He wrote a prescription for a medication to sleep and when I took it to my pharmacist he wouldn't fill it. He asked me if this man knew how to write prescriptions? He wanted me to cut soft capsules in half, the pharmacist refused to allow that. H said you can't control the dosage. The contents spills out. He has tried calling them numerous times and no one ever returns the call. Run from this man & place! RUN! The only reason I ga e him 1 star is because there isn't a negative score chart!

Forgotten appointment

Posted on June 9th, 2016

I had an appointment at 11am but the new girl or said she was scheduled someone else in my p!ace!!Really? I drove thru horrible traffic for 3 he's. to be forgotten.They are so unprofessional that they need to hire someone who knows what they are doing!!! But the 1 lady was wonderful and considerate.They all need to be like her.But the Dr. just wanted to go eat lunch instead of concern for a person that needed his expertise or maybe wrong.Going else where and u might also

Posted on June 4th, 2015

Impossible to get appointments in a timely manner , cannot reach the office by phone ever! Expect to wait anywhere from 1 1/2 to 3 hours past your appointment time every single time. If you have Valium I suggest you take a handful before you go see Dr. Winston .

Wait times consistently over 1 hour to be seen

Posted on May 27th, 2015

If you have a lot of time to wait in his waiting room, Dr. Winston might be the doctor for you. His staff is friendly but the office needs to do a better job managing the doctor or not scheduling as many appointments. I have never been to his office where I didn't have to wait a minimum of 45 minutes to be seen. Most of the time the wait is well over 1 hour. I am currently looking for a new doctor because of this. I don't have the time to wait an additional hour just to be seen as I have to work.

Posted on April 2nd, 2015

Dr. Winston made correct diagnosis in 3 visits. Adjusted meds, now 4 yrs later still doing great.

Who is the Patient- and Who is the Caregiver...?

Posted on September 29th, 2014

He would talk of building his practice up for 10-12 mins. Then Not remember our last conversation, No progression, questions why you Need these meds, (?) talks about another patient who has your problems, and asks constantly what insurance you have- I suppose to gage how attentive and polite he needs to act during session. I changed Dr.'s and as punishment- he withheld my medications. Dangerous and dependent meds- he started me on- I guess he thinks health and withdrawal causation - is Funny...? Uhm, avoid yes.. Short term- maybe... But long-term help-No-

Posted on January 7th, 2014

I have been a patient for about three years, but I'm done. It is impossible to get through on the phone and then almost impossible to get an appointment. There is constant turnover in the office and the office staff is young, inexperienced, and rude. Total wait time for an appointment is about 2 hours. Patients are double and triple booked. Total time spent with the doctor is about 5 minutes, maybe 10 if he's having a good day. He's a very nice man, but has no idea how to run an office. I left many messages that were not returned. Now he is out of network for me.

dead man walking

Posted on October 1st, 2013

While he is better than the Women Psychiatrist that did operate out of his place of business, (she was more mental than I am) I get the impression that Dr Winston doesn't have any idea who I am, even after many visits. He doesn't seem to spend any time at all pre-studying your case and being totally familiar with it. I am fat, like ALL fat people, I am well aware I am fat. I don't appreciate, or see the need of Dr Winston telling me I am fat at every visit. It's just hurtful to me and it does nothing to rectify the situation. All it does is cause me more depression and anxiety. I travel quite a distance to see him, much further than I am comfortable with, especially with my anxiety issues. The EXTREMELY long waits in his always crowded waiting room exacerbates my anxiety to the point I can hardly make myself go to his appointments. The wait time is absolutely HORRIBLE! Be prepared to wait litterally hours to be seen past your appt time. Then, once you finally make it into one of the small rooms, you have ANOTHER interminable wait. They even forgot me one time and left me in that little room for ever. They were too interested in the free meal provided by their pharmaceutical drug pusher to make sure they didn't have clients waiting for them. I finally gathered up the courage to go and ask if I had been forgotten. Yes, they said, I HAD been forgotten! How does a professional, dealing with a severely depressed and anxiety ridden person manage to screw up like that? If Dr Winston doesn't make some immediate, GREAT, improvements in how long he keeps ALL of his patients waiting, I am going elsewhere. If you are a business person, I could not, in good concience, suggest Dr. Winston to you because of the EXTREMELY LONG wait times for EVERY SINGLE APPOINTMENT! He doesn't seem to be aware that others time is just as important as his, and this shows a great disrespect for his clients. He has made absolutely NO attempt at getting.... and KEEPING associates. As soon as I make the very important connection with one of his occasional, and disappearing, associates, poof! They are gone without notice. Then I have to go through the process of learning to be comfortable with another person again. I do STRONGLY suggest you seek help elsewhere.

Posted on September 27th, 2013

I have been a patient for several years. Every time I go see him I have to wait an hour or more to be seen in an over crowded lobby. He is trying to see too many people in one day. I am at the office now, had an 11:30 appointment and am still in the lobby at 11:59 waiting and will be here at least another half hour. He then spends five minutes in the room to sign the prescription . He is a nice man but the office is poorly managed and the wait times are long and happen every time.