Overall Review

February 18th, 2016
He's a winner!
I had begun to believe that Doctors like Dr. Wong were a thing of the past or only ones that you see on TV. But after seeing Dr. Wong, my feelings have made a complete reversal. I called mid day, I knew he was seeing patients, but I guess the staff recognized the desperation in my voice. They had me call another office where he was that day, after a couple of minutes with a receptionist(?), the next voice I heard was Dr. Wong. He interceded on my behalf with what another Dr. said he would do while I was hospitalized & called the other Dr. himself on my behalf. He called me back in @ 5 minutes, having spoken to the other Dr. & prescribed an excellent set of ideas, listened to what I had to say & made me feel that there are still some "Dr. Welby's out there! He's an ace. This coming from an RN of over 40 years!

November 19th, 2012
Impressed Patient
I had a very unsatisfactory experience with another urologist that resulted in a delayed diagnosis of prostate cancer. As a result of that experience, I have performed extensive research on the general topic of urology and prostate cancer in particular. With that as a background, I looked around for a urologist I could trust. The first candidate was clearly not up to date in the latest advances in urology, so I disregarded him. I then consulted Dr. Wong and was very impressed by his knowledge and his sincere interest in my health. That is why I have remained one of his patients for the past several years. I highly recommend him to others who need a truly professional and caring urologist!

August 24th, 2012
Good luck getting test results back
I called for some test results and was told the doctor would call me back. He did and left a voicemail on my cell phone. I called back first thing the next morning (as his intitial call was late in the day). After not getting a response for nearly a week, I decided to call again. According to the receptionist, I had been called daily and voicemails had been left. However, there were no new messages left on either my work phone or my cell phone. Moreover, no one in the office could let me know what number was called when they tried to reach me. I'm willing to bet it's a made-up excuse.

November 27th, 2009
Dr. Wong nearly killed me
He told me I had cancer when I did not have cancer and he badly botched an operation that caused me to be tube fed for a year.

June 5th, 2008
The More Mistakes Wong Made The More Money He Pocketed
He made dreadful mistakes on me. He told me I would be in the hospital for 3 days for a kidney operation and I ended up being tube fed for 14 months in a hospital. And the worst thing is knowing that the more mistakes he made the more money pocketed. And You can NOT sue a doctor in Virginia because of the State Laws protecting doctors. The Virginia law protects doctors, not patients. Go to: www.MedicalDoctorRatings.com