Internists, Geriatric Specialist (elderly care)

Spring Branch Central
8945 Long Point Rd
Ste 212
Houston, TX 77055
713-464-7212
Locations and availability (4)

3.0

|  Who is really "totally without capacity?"  |  show details
Oct 6th, 2013

Dr. Lee filled out a Competency form on my mother in May 2012 at the request of my siblings and beknownst to me. He decided my mother was "totally without capacity". He checked off boxes that were blantantly false about my mother's mental state. He made a suggestion of who should be my mother's guardian without meeting the whole family. Two months later when I "accidently" became aware of this document, I called him and he told me that "if" he had filled out such document he would have said that she should not make major medical or financial decisions but she was able to determine where she wanted to live. Once I received a copy of the document (not from him or my siblings) and reviewed the information that he indicated my mother was incapable of, I called him again and left a message that he never returned. After several months of trying to determine how and why this happened and speaking with attorney's and my mother's hospice care givers, who stated "off the record" that they did not agree with Dr. Lee's findings. Dr. Lee provided a lame statement that was read during a telecon with hospice, which he did not attend, that if he were to do it again, he would not do the same thing. It must be a miracle that my mom went from "total without capacity"! How thoughtful! Since my siblings did not take this document to court my mother was not legally determined to be "totally without capacity" but by then the damage was done which caused her undue stress and heartache as she fully aware of what was going on. Dr. Lee is "totally without capacity" to make any judgement on the capacity of his patients especially when he can be convinced to do something that he won't stand behind a few months later! Beware of his opinion since his patients are primarily geriatrics!

|  show details
Jan 31st, 2012

Been going to Dr Lee for several years. He is responsive to your needs, listens to your concerns and makes you feel at ease giving you all the time you need. His office staff is great as well.

|  show details
Dec 10th, 2010

He is excellent in every way.