Dr. Jeffrey Zeitung Is this you?

Have you seen Dr. Jeffrey Zeitung?

EXCELLENCE OF CARE IN ALL RESPECTS

Posted on November 4th, 2016

I am an emergency physician with 45 years of experience. Dr Zeitung's care of my extremely concerning urologic problem was of the highest quality. He is personable, efficient, extremely knowledgeable, attentive to all details and compassionate in demeanor. I am profoundly thankful for his care!

Posted on October 10th, 2016

Excellent patient communication. Very knowledgable.

WIFE OF MAN YOU SCREWED UP VASECTOMY AND I ENDED UP PREGNANT

Posted on January 27th, 2015

THIS DOCTOR WAS COMPLETELY COCKY TELLING MY HUSBAND HE BETTER BE SURE BECAUSE I NEVER FAIL!!!! SO WRONG!!! I GOT PREGNANT 2 YEARS AFTER. I RAN THE BETA HCG MYSELF AS I HAVE BEEN IN THE CLINICAL SCIENCE FIELD FOR OVER 20 YEARS. I TOLD HIM TO PICK A YOUNGER PHYSICIAN AND MY HUSBAND DIDN'T LISTEN. THE HEAD OF UROLOGY AT SCRIPPS CLINIC HAD TO REPEAT THE PROCEDURE BECAUSE HIS SPERM COUNT WAS NORMAL. THE HEAD OF THE DEPARTMENT SPECULATED HE CUT THE SAME SIDE TWICE. DO NOT GET A VASECTOMY FROM THIS MAN!!!!! MY KIDS WERE 6 AND 12 AT THE TIME. HERE WE ARE…40 WITH A 3 YEAR OLD

Posted on August 27th, 2012

I have been a patient of Dr. Zeitung's for a couple of years and my experience with him has been nothing but good. Even had a couple of procedures done and everything went well. Explained what he was going to do, and after made sure I was doing ok before releasing me. Staff is also friendly and caring. Just a shame some people wrote negative review's. You can't satisfy everyone.

Posted on November 18th, 2011

I read some of the other reviews and we very surprised. I've never had a negative experience with Dr. Zeitung, I'm happy to say. That's one of the big reasons I wanted to post my review - to try to balance some of the other negative reviews. My Ob/Gyn NP - whom I respect immensely - sent me to Dr. Zeitung about a year ago. She was fairly certain I had interstitial cystitis but wanted me to get an opinion from a urologist. That's when I began seeing Dr. Zeitung. He performed a bladder biopsy in early 2011 that did confirm I have IC. The procedure went quickly and I had no negative effects after the procedure. Dr. Zeitung, the anesthesiologist and all of the nurses and support staff at Scripps Clinic Rancho Bernardo were awesome. I've had over 12 surgeries/procedures in my life and would say that this one was the easiest one in terms of recovery, etc. I see Dr. Zeitung on an ongoing basis and he is always very kind and open to exploring new treatment protocols. I'm sorry that the other reviewers had negative experiences.

Wrong medication....

Posted on September 8th, 2011

So he gave me an antibiotic without even seeing the lab report which was available to him. As it turns out the report mentioned that the bacteria found is resistant to the antibiotic he gave. The lab report even recommended which antibiotics to give.Ended up going to another doctor who was surprised what had happened. How can Scripps hire this guy? Are they becoming incompetent...

Dr. Zeitung

Posted on January 24th, 2010

I was operated on by Dr. Zeitung for a kidney stone and he messed up. He or his intern, to this day I cant get a straight answer out of him, put the tube into the wrong spot and could not find the large kidney stone they went in to remove. The next day when he told me the operation failed, he didnt say why. he then procedded to rip the tube out of my kidney and i went into horrific spasms. What did he do next? He left the room and did nto retunr for 30 minutes. where did he go? He forget to have pain meds avail and had to go to the hospital pharmacy to get them. His nurse left too. I was left unattended for over 30 minutes screaming in pain and had no help. My roomate in the hospital was calling for help but no one responded. When i was discharged, i had to call an ambulance 3 times int he next week to be taken to the hospital in the middle of the night with horrific spasms. Not once did he call to follow up or return my calls. Dr.Zeitung should lose his license.I then went to Dr. Robert Hathorn who was a lifesaver. the most professional and caring Doctor you could ask for in a urologist. He cleaned up Dr.Zeitungs mess and treated me like a human. Dr. Robert Hathorn is the best Urologist in La Jolla by far.

Missed diagnosis

Posted on March 9th, 2009

I was miss diagnosed for several months, leading to a very serious condition. Very dissapointed. Other Doctors, including several doctors that know him were very surprised that the condition was not caught earlier.

Posted on October 27th, 2017