Dr. Jeffrie Kamean Is this you?

3.6

Have you seen Dr. Jeffrie Kamean?

Posted on November 21st, 2016

My wait was approaching an hour when I realized I could hear Dr. Kamean speaking with two pharmacuetical reps who had come in to the waiting room while I was waiting, though of course they didn't wait but were ushered to the back immediately. As I waited at the 45 minute mark in the examining room I could hear the doctor animatedly talking with the reps about how they could do their job better with different medical results he wanted to hear from them in order to move forward. As I listened around the 8-10 minute mark I heard him literally say "these are pearls of wisdom to you" I became furious. I exited the exam room and walked into his office where he had left the door open allowing me to hear his kind offers of pearls of wisdom and allowed as how I had been waiting an hour, maybe he should offer them this training opportunity on his time and not my (his patients) time. He then terminated their meeting and went into another exam room. Since I was clearly not the only patient kept waiting I decided to leave his practice and never return since he clearly doesn't respect my time.

Great Colonoscopy Doctor

Posted on December 8th, 2015

Great doctor. Colonoscopy went smooth with no problems. Even the prep day wasn't that bad.

Not a fan

Posted on August 19th, 2015

While i sat waiting to meet Dr. Kamean in one of his exam rooms, I heard him being kind of a jerk to two other patients thru his super thin walls. He used the same line on all three of us. "Why don't you leave the diagnosis to me?" Diagnosis? Sorry, fella, just trying to describe my pain. Didn't mean to ruffle your feathers. He doesn't seem to have much interest in the mouth -end of his patients, not a big fan of letting people finish their sentences, and he presented me with informed consent papers to sign while i was naked and without glasses minutes before my colonoscopy that had been scheduled for 3 weeks. I asked if someone could go get my glasses, the requested was denied. He summarized the entire page in 20 words and insisted i sign the form blind. This is called a "gurney consent" which is generally reserved for emergemcy situations and is frowned upon by medical ethicists for routine procedures. I do not intemd to continue this relationship.

Best Doctor I know

Posted on June 15th, 2015

Dr Kaemean is the best doctor I have ever had the opportunity to meet with and be treated by, I have known him for 11 years and had several procedures done by him and his refering surgen. I have trusted my life with him and he has made my life much better through surgery and follow up such as endo and colon procedures. I would recomend him to all. Bedside manner is second to none, personality is great, knowledgeable and great at what he does.

Posted on May 1st, 2015

20 minutes to even be given paperwork after checking in (I checked in 15 minutes early; got ppw 5 minutes late). Another 45 minutes to see MD. I could hear him talking *in detail* with the patient in the next room - not confidential. Spoke to me as if I was a child. Spoke over me while I was trying to ask questions and many answers were not helpful - i.e. answered things I wasn't actually asking. Cynical.

Posted on April 22nd, 2015

Not thorough enough. Interrupts when patients ask questions about their health. Speaks in generalities, not specifically about the patient he's seeing. Always got half the story and was rushed out of the office.

He Listens

Posted on July 26th, 2013

Dr. Kamean really took the time to listen to me. I was having gall bladder symptoms and he ran all the tests, including a hida scan and they all came back normal. He never once condescended me or treated me like I was crazy. He prescribed probiotics which helped tremendously and did not rule out food sensitivities. He was kind, courteous and did all the right things. In a way, I was hoping for an easy diagnosis, but was also happy to know my gall bladder, kidneys, etc are fine. Changing my diet to eliminate dairy has helped. The point is he was nice and never treated me like an annoying or crazy patient.

Arrogant Bedside Manner

Posted on August 18th, 2012

Has no bedside manne! Definitely has a God complex and is not interested in what patients have to say. If you want to feel like a lab rat, see Kamean.

Just Plain Rude

Posted on July 5th, 2011

After waiting for Dr. Kamean for almost an hour he suggested a very invasive procedure when other non invasive procedures were available to diagnose my problem. When I asked if I could start with the non invasive procedure first, he asked me "Which one of us is the doctor here? Did you come to my office or did I come to yours?"I walked out and will never come back again.His office staff was incredibly rude and unfriendly as well.

Posted on May 23rd, 2011

I am a medical professional, and this doctor does not value patient centered care whatsoever. He did not listen to my symptoms, or empathize with the pain I experience that affects my daily life. The office staff was very reflective of his attitude as they were rude, and unprofessional. Please do not make an appointment with this man, make an appointment with someone from Emory.

Dr Kamean is great, office staff so-so

Posted on August 5th, 2010

Dr. Kamean is approachable, knowledgeable and has good beside manner. Office staff was only so-so. Long wait time.

Posted on October 8th, 2017