A medical license is required for a doctor to practice medicine in a particular state. Requirements vary by state but most require, at a minimum, post-graduate training in the doctor’s specific specialty. An NPI number is a national identifier unique to an individual health care provider and is managed by the Center for Medicare & Medicaid Services (CMS).
Learn more about Dr. Jelena Kao:
View the full profile to get information on:
- What's important to you
View full profile
Write a Review
Prepare before visiting Dr. Kao
Pulmonary Embolism Patient Education Learn all about symptoms, treatments and medications available by reading our pulmonary embolism patient education guide.Before Visiting Dr. Kao Learn More
|More Patient Guides & Topics|
Specialties & Research
- She has special expertise in 17 areas:
- Acute Myeloid Leukemia
- Breast Cancer
- Chronic B-Cell Lymphocytic Leukemia
- Chronic Myeloid Leukemia
- Chronic Myelomonocytic Leukemia
- Deep Vein Thrombosis
- Hepatitis C
- Hospice Care
- Lung Cancer
- Metastatic Breast Cancer
- Multiple Myeloma (Cancer of Plasma Cells)
- Myelodysplastic Syndromes
- Myeloproliferative Disorders
Education & Awards
Dr. Kao graduated from Stanford University. She has 1 awards.
Dr. Kao has 21 hospital affiliations:
- Eden Medical Center - San Leandro Hospital Campus
- John Muir Medical Center, Concord Campus
Similar doctors nearby
- Additional Information
- Dr. Jelena M Kao MD is a female Hematologist, has 9 years of experience and practices in Hematology and Medical Oncology.
- Where does Dr. Jelena M. Kao practice?
- Dr. Jelena Kao has 4 office locations.
Dr. Jelena Kao practices Hematology and Medical Oncology near Dublin, CA.
Additional practice locations include: San Leandro, CA and San Mateo, CA.
See Dublin Hematologists and Dublin Oncologists.