Dr. Jennell Nelson MD Patient Reviews

2.4

• Good
  • Bad

January 19th, 2017
I had a procedure done on my eyes . not happy with the outcome 4 month's later my eyes are still puffy. The lack of consideration from the staff is very unprofessional. lack of concern and lack compassionate . To get a return back is extremely impossible . I am sorry this is occurring I just wanted to do miner adjustments . If I knew what i know now I would not have done it. .... VERY UNHAPPY CUSTOMER

September 6th, 2016
Poor response and office management
It takes forever to get through to the office to schedule an appointment. Staff doesn't return calls. The only time you hear from them is when they send you a half dozen emails when it's time for you annual appointment (and a big fee). Of course when you respond try to schedule no one gets back to you.

June 10th, 2016
We will never return to this doctor ever again!
I brought my daughter to see dr. Nelson for a consult and mole removal. She told us to return for the stitches removal approximately 10 days to two weeks after the procedure. During that time my daughter noticed the skin was growing over the stitches and she removed them herself. The scar does not look bad at all and my daughter did the right thing By removing them herself With her father's assistance. A few months later we returned to the office to have the second mall removed, as the doctor had indicated it needed to be done. When the doctor entered the room she was extremely rude and chastised my daughter for taking out her own stitches the previous time. And she said a comment like : "you're not a doctor and neither is your father." Scheels and chastised my daughter for not returning for the stitch removal appointment for which we explained why. She was very argumentative and very compass. Stitch removal appointments are walk-in basis so there was no reason to be worried that my daughter missed a walk in appointment. Additionally, she was going to remove the second mole on the date we returned for this new appointment, but then she changed her diagnosis and said it didn't need be removed and to come back if it changed. Both my daughter and I remember the prior visit she agreed it needed to be taken off. She rushed out of the room and rushed us out of the appointment and we left very, very dissatisfied.

May 2nd, 2016
Long wait & very unprofessional. Doctor wanted to do an incomplete exam. Doctor and staff talked about another patient's diagnosis among themselves during my exam. Didn't call with test results. I had to call in the office and remind them.

April 1st, 2016
stay far away
i dont know how they are even licensed

February 17th, 2016
Kudos to Dr. Nelson
If you're looking for a great dermatologist Dr. Nelson is the person.

February 6th, 2016
does none of the above very bad customer service

October 7th, 2015
Unprofessional/ long wait time
Highly disappointed. After waiting over an hour, she came in asked me 2 questions. Was barely paying attention. She was there for only 50 seconds (i'm not exaggerating) and did not even tell me what she thought was wrong. As she was walking away she told me to make an appointment six weeks from today. I was in shock waiting for her to come back in the room an assistant walked in and handed me some papers of what Dr. Nelson thought was wrong with me along with a prescription for a topical cream. At some point during that short interaction she said "I don't want to say that it's what Michael Jackson had because that's not what it looks like"!!!! So unreal and unprofessional

July 18th, 2015
Dr. Nelson and staff and very unprofessional!! They do not return phone calls. I called for TWO months before getting an appointment. I let them know I was upset by the lack of communication and that I was thinking of taking my business elsewhere. Most places would try to make amends. Not here! At my appointment, they collected my $35, and the doctor walked in and handed me my file. She told me that there are plenty of other doctors in the area. I asked her about my results. She said that they are in my file and I could read it myself. She is super rude!

July 10th, 2015
Not Knowledgeable. Will not Return
I wish I could give this experience negative 5 stars. I went to Janelle Nelson as a referal from my PCP for a rash on my skin originally thought to be eczema or plaque psoriasis. Nelson told me that it was a fungus due to playing with animals. (Really girl? are you serious??) I told her that I didn't have animals. She prescribed oral medication. I asked her to give me something for the itch and she ignored it. After 2 weeks of taking the medication there was absolutely no relief. I called to get a follow up and it took them almost 3 weeks to return my phone call. The rude receptionist told me "well, it hasn't been 2 months yet and that is how long you have to take it." When I went back to see her she asked me again if I had been playing with a cat. Are you kidding me?! She insisted that this was a fungus and that I had to take the medication for a full 2 months. Still no ointment for the itching. Now it has been 40 days and the rash has spread. I decided to go to a different dermatologist 2 days ago. My new Dr. diagnosed me with an advanced form of eczema and prescribed a cream. Within less than 48 hours the itching has stopped and the bumps have reduced. She also told me that had I been diagnosed with this previously that I wouldn't have the permanent scaring that is now visible. DO NOT go to Janelle Nelson Dermatology in Manassas, VA. I repeat DO NOT! She is not knowledgeable and does not spend the time needed with the patient to find out what is wrong.

April 3rd, 2015
Do not go here! Rude, unprofessional. Bad record keeping, three different versions of test results.

March 25th, 2015
RUN!
I took my daughter to be seen by Dr. Nelson, she showed no concern or care for my daughter's skin condition she seemed as if she did not want to touch her. She mis diagnosed her and she had a condition that spreaded to others throughout our household, when I asked her about it she was very defensive and come off with a bad attitude, when all I was doing was asking questions as a concerned mother should. RUN RUN RUN! KEEP LOOKING!