Dr. Jennifer Amerson MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

October 21st, 2014
Best doctor I know!
Wow, Jennifer Amerson is the nicest person I know for a doctor and I am in the business with physicians in the Atlanta area! Dr. Amerson took the time to check me over talk to me comfort me as well as hug me when I had happy tears of relief rolling down! I had been in such fear waiting for the week out for my appointment to get my sonogram and momogram from a lump found, turns out it was scar tissue from the lift and implants 9 yrs ago. WHEW! I have to follow up in 4 months, I would never trust anyone else after the GREAT experience with the whole staff! Amazing place! Everyone Cares! And it shows!

February 19th, 2014
I met Dr. Amerson during the most challenging time in my life. She help me get through my breast cancer. She performed the best surgery I could have asked for. Her staff was very professional and caring. I would recommend her because of her professionalism, compassion and most of all her skills as a great doctor.

December 2nd, 2013
Excellent Care
Dr. Amerson took the time to show me my films and explain the risks of the mass so that I could understand my decision for surgery. She put me at ease regarding the surgery and it went very smoothly with clear borders. Thank you!

September 24th, 2013
Love her!!
Best Dr ever! Sweet, compassionate, happy, courteous, caring and must of all, curious enough to go the extra mile! She rocks!!!! It is totally worth the long wait!!

December 12th, 2010
Not sure what to think
It was reassuring that everyone in the waiting room had nothing but the highest regard for Dr Amerson's work, but the 4 hour wait to see her left me pretty miserable. I had no idea it would take that long to get a baseline mammogram, but from what everyone else said, this was typical. Although her office is GORGEOUS, I did feel a bit like cattle being hearded through the office in my gown. It is very hard to keep someone captive for 1/2 a day and tell them they aren't allowed to use a cell phone either. I think scheduling needs to be reevaluated so that the wait isn't more painful than the mammogram itself. I was also surprised to see a Coca Cola machine as the beverage of choice there as well. Haven't we heard that artificial sweeteners cause cancer in laboratory rats? Although Dr Amerson has a FABULOUS bedside manner, I was a bit disheartened that because I was in perfect health I received no information on how to stay that way. No info on what can cause breast cancer, what to stay away from, or what to watch for. Not even a quick run through on how to do a self exam! I have breast cancer in my family, so I am vigilant in making sure I do everything to not get it, but I think I will go elsewhere for my mammograms and see her only if surgery is ever required. Although I am pleased for my great report, four hours was way too long for nothing.

December 4th, 2008
If you are a strong woman, you may want to think twice
Picks inappropriate times to share devastating diagnosis info with the patient even when patient requests to wait for a better location, time, or opportunity. If you are a strong woman who makes her own decisions, do not expect Amerson to have the patience to allow you enough time to educate yourself and make surgical decisions about your care. She will strongly impose her own opinion and decision on you - many times - and then get angry if you push back to make choices about your own life on your own. She probably works best for women who may be frozen in fear by their diagnosis and prefer to have a doctor make major surgical decisions (double mastectomy) for them.