Dr. Jennifer Thompson MD Patient Reviews

• Obstetrics and Gynecology Sterling, VA

• 1 comment

Showing 1 - 1 review

June 20th, 2013
Impersonal and very poor communication
Some of the doctors here are very nice, but overall their entire staff does not seem to communicate well with each other or with their patients. They rotate you amongst all the docs in their practice so that you know them all in case your regular doc is not on call when you deliver, which makes sense, but then they don't talk to each other, so every time you go in to see a new doc, they have no idea what's going on with you. Dr. Thompson didn't even check my chart before sitting down with me for the first time and shooting off a bunch of questions that 1) were misinformed (asking when I would be getting a test I'd already gotten done) and 2) could have been answered by simply looking in my chart. The doctors also don't seem to talk to each other at all. At my last visit, Dr. Choudhry asked me why I was getting a fetal echo, which was also already documented in my chart and something that his office had referred me to get. He didn't bother checking to see what medications I was on or what other medical conditions I have (which would've answered his question). I feel like every time I go into their office, I'm starting from scratch in terms of having to go through my whole history, remind them of what tests and procedures I've had done, ask if they've received my lab work that they themselves requested, etc. In addition, the receptionist is rude every single time I call. She acts like I'm putting her out by requesting simple information. I feel like I'm stuck with this practice now that I'm already half-way through my pregnancy, but I hope others will benefit from looking for another practice before using this one.