Overall Review

April 25th, 2016
Awesome doctor
I have been lucky to have Dr.Barkley as my doctor for the past year.Her manner is very efficient,and she is very thorough.She is very easy to talk to,and offers very sound medical advice and diagnoses.I had blood tests due to various health ailments.I had a myriad of blood tests,and she personally called me that night!A first time that a doctor has called with test results.

August 12th, 2015
Jennifer Barkley - A Complete Miss! Appointment was a worthless waste of time!!
Ugh, Jennifer Barkley has the mindset of a DMV employee. She is very milquetoast w/ zero personality which makes it hard to communicate with her. The automated phone system is more interesting. You have to keep repeating your questions because she's a little (lot) like Alvin the mouse w/ her nose in the computer typing in random info but not listening to you as a patient in any meaningful way. You could walk in w/ 2 heads and she wouldn't even notice because she's typing in info to get the appt. over with and on to the next patient. I think calling her "doctor" is quite a stretch. I could be wrong but my impression is that she's a bottom of the barrel HMO "doctor" who just graduated from med school w/ not a lot (if anything to offer). Changes plans after two worthless appts. w/ Alvin the mouse (using that reference since she's got these big glasses and keeps her head down reading your chart or typing on the keypad instead of paying attention to anything around her - but she actually does have a striking resemblance to a rodent too! Seriously! Look at her "glamour shot" professional picture on the Sharp website - ringer for the dead rat I found in the garage- along w/ these huge bifocal glasses. Wouldn't care other than she's so petty on top of everything else.)

August 5th, 2015
Would highly recommend
I have been seeing Dr. Barkley for the last couple of years. When you see a physician who is younger than yourself, sometimes you proceed with caution. However, she has proven to be extremely patient with me. I have had several medical conditions 'pop' up that required referrals to specialists and some extra attention. She seeing this has always, called me back in a timely manner, or, responded to my email. I rarely have to wait long to see her. We were always taught as kids to bring a book to the Doctor in case you have to wait. It is not a fast food restaurant. Some people are very sick who come in before you and I am happy to wait. I know that if I had a seizure or a heart attack, they wouldn't just step over my body and move on to the next person. I was aghast at the negative comments written about her. It sounds in certain cases that people wanted a 'Dr Buddy' as opposed to a straight up doctor or a pharmacological dispensary. It is unfortunate with all of the rules and regulations on pain medications, they would understand the paperwork and challenging run around for refills are being mandated by the government due to abuse. In reference to the patient saying that Dr. Barkley was wrong about basic things, I have not found this to be true. My last visit I was complaining about hip pain and she suggested that I see a podiatrist after ruling out other things. Well, I saw the podiatrist and she was spot on with her referral to the point that the podiatrist thought that I could be running pain free in a couple of months. I would highly recommend Dr. Barkely to anyone needing a physician. If you do your research, you will find that she is also double boarded, which should speak for itself.

July 31st, 2015
I could not disagree more with the negative comments; Dr. Barkley is NOT lazy nor unprofessional

January 11th, 2015
Newbie Doc - Does NOT Know What She's Doing!
Jenny Barkley really seemed to lack self-confidence - I think because she doesn't really know what she's doing. She gave a lot of wrong answers to questions (to really SIMPLE questions) - to the point that I actually looked her up later on to see if she was really even a doctor. Lol. Saw other bad reviews out there - Wish I had read them before I wasted my time w/ Jenny Barkley! She didn't seem knowledgeable and she had a dry, boring personality (i.e. one big yawn for Miss Mousey). I felt like my visit was just an uncomfortable, useless WASTE OF TIME. Staff was friendly but useless (like a really nice person giving your completely WRONG directions when you're lost - know what I mean?)

January 8th, 2015
WORST "Doctor" EVER! Flee while you can!
IMO, this lady is the worst doctor ever and you should RUN, not walk to get away from her! My opinion is that her staff is equally sub par. She can't even keep track of simple labs. Plus, she is arrogant, rude, and condescending. Doesn't really fit in with the local clientele so maybe she can't really relate to the concern Moms have over staying fit, active and healthy - i.e. trying to prevent problems beforehand. She has a VERY "HMO" oriented mentality that is protective of ins. companies spending any money on lab work or tests that could help the quality of life of her patients. Was surprised she even "allowed" me to order a pap smear - She ACTUALLY mentioned the cost for my INSURANCE for running tests!! Seriously? What about the cost if the worst happens!! For the ins. company and patient. (Although in my opinion, she seems like the type who would probably help the ins. company drop you because she seems very COLD and unfriendly. She's very young so I wonder if she's trying to be "friendly" with ins. companies to try to get ahead financially... I saw a news program where ins. companies REWARD doctors for cutting their costs which is what made me think of that. Don't know if that policy applies here but she's got that very BUREAUCRATIC, COLD approach that I wanted to RUN from DURING my very first visit. There are plenty of other "GP"s so why not go ELSEWHERE to a kind, caring, friendly doc!

August 29th, 2013
Old-fashioned family doctor meets open-minded listener
My family of four all enrolled with Dr. Barkley last year when we moved to the area. We have two children - a tween and teen and I like the fact that she is a family doctor but also has pediatric experience. While we are generally very healthy - it was an unusual year with some sports injuries and some other issues in the family. While disconcerting that doctors can now be younger than me - I like Dr. Barkley's way with the children, and find that she is a good listener and good communicator (explaining things) when we see her. I was sick this summer and I was pleasantly surprised to have her check on me via telephone before she went on vacation. All in all, I would recommend her highly - she is the stuff that old-fashioned family doctors were made off with a younger, more open-minded twist!