Dr. Jennifer Burke MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

September 16th, 2015
Very genuine concern for her patients. Gives you all the time you need and answers your questions thoroughly.

October 18th, 2014
Excellent Doctor
Dr. Burke listens to your concerns and always has a great solution to help. You know you have seen a great doctor when you leave you feel good about yourself and motivated to keep yourself healthy.

February 5th, 2014
She needs to retire!
I am married to a physician. I saw her for common symptoms. I felt rushed and her bedside manner is not personable. Called back the following day when symptoms worsened (Fri- did not want to spend weekend in misery) spoke to the nurse 3-4 times playing phone tag...ridiculous! Don't offer help if you're not going to follow through. The only medicine she prescribed (steroids) had the side effect that I was MOST trying to avoid (insomnia)! Really, communicate much with your patients?! The real icing on the cake was my neighbor had the exact same symptoms, asked for a script for "relief" just like me and was given codine cough syrup to help with throat pain and sleep!!! Don't waste your time! One of the worst doctors I've ever seen!

October 10th, 2013
Appreciation of Excellent Service Rendered
I have been a patient of Dr. Burke since 1999 when I initially came to North Charlotte Medical Specialist I had no idea that Dr.Burke had just begin her career in the medical field. As the years past Dr. Burke knowledge and guidance of my health has made such an impact on my life. Dr. Burke is such a caring individual.

October 7th, 2013
HORRIBLE CARE!
I have seen her for 18 years, because she was convenient...NEVER AGAIN!!!! She dictates care by what the insurance wil pay. She acts as if she can't treat me because I am a Mom (I would put you in the hospital but ai know you have kids at home...so, I am supposed to die because I have children)?? She always acts as if she is unsure of what she is dong, can't remember what meds I am on, doesn't know the side effects to simple drugs SHR prescribes. Care through the years has deteriorated to the point I can't return! She is always in a hurry. If you are looking for a knowledgable, compassionate doctor, LOOK ELSEWHERE! TWO WEEKS for an established patient to get an appt for a health need is beyond ridiculous!

June 13th, 2013
she seems nice
Dr Burke seems like a very nice lady, but not a great doctor. I had a number of health problems she was treating yet I understood better than her the correlation between the conditions and the effect of combining so many medications and being so young and on so many meds. When I expressed concern, she would refer me to a specialist or change my prescription without listening to me. The drugs she prescribed had terrible side effects and when I had a family member call the office to ask for different MIGRAINE meds, I was discharged from her care because I was asking for certain types of meds... and not even ones that are abused frequently! This office SUCKS and Dr Burke really seems like a very caring and warm person, but not a great doctor. Sorry.

February 6th, 2013
finally comfortable
I have a fear of doctors! When I was younger I would not go for YEARS. I finally was forced to go when I lived in NY and found a doctor I just love. When I moved to NC I was feeling like I felt before.. never going to find a doctor I like. I needed a physical for work. Someone recommended Dr. Burke and she is absolutely wonderful, kind, and LISTENS to me. I just adore her.

September 27th, 2012
Dr. Office is awful
cannot even get messages to the dr. and dr. doesn't even look at the labs.

March 21st, 2012
Police officer
I love Dr. Burke. She is very friendly and is very good at what she does. She really cares about her patients.

March 16th, 2011
Very personable doctor
I have been with Dr Burke for years now, and it is always a pleasure to see her--she is always smiling-you can talk to her about her kids--It makes visiting the doctor a good experience instead of something you dread

August 9th, 2010
Wonderful Physician
Dr Burke is a wonderful physician. She is very kind and caring. She takes her time and never makes me feel rushed. She has been my physician for over 10 years. I wouldn't consider seeing anyone else.

June 1st, 2010
Excellent Dr!
Dr. Burke has excellent bedside manor and listens to what you are saying - unfortunately a rare trait in a doctor.