Overall Review

3.4

November 5th, 2015
I am a 73 year old disabled Vet who has had Dr. Steimle as my primary care physician at Bay Pines since I moved down here some seven years ago. I have no complaints about my treatment by her or the VA in general and I am frankly surprised by some of the negative comments made by others.

May 6th, 2015
Opinion
Compassionate, thurough and caring. She is the best.

April 9th, 2015
Very thorough! Very solid Dr!

July 25th, 2014
I have read the other reviews and I am very surprised. I am a disabled vet myself but I don't think I am special. The reviewers that said she isn't qualified to handle disabled vets must think they are special and their problems are rare.. They are special as they are idiots. In over 20 years of being taken care of at Bay Pines, I have had only 1 bad Dr, 2 good ones and 1 great one. Dr Steimle is the best I have had. She takes the time to listen. THAT is rare. She has referred me to specialists as needed without delay. Most don't understand the care system. There are many things the VA could allow the primary care physician to treat but not allowed to. Even a simple boil is referred to a specialist. They can prescribe medication which covers a great deal of the patients but they mostly act like a triage. She is the best I have had that I can remember. A Doctor that listens is rare. A keeper.

June 2nd, 2013
Dr.Steimle is a good doctor,just by the fact that she can put up with some of the veterans that come in to see her.I fell that she is trying very hard.How ever I do Fell very much that she can not handle her practise at Bay Pines do to the fact that she does not have experience to take care of Disabled Veterans.I will say she is a very nice person and for any body to say other wise is totally wrong.So any body out there that has any thing wrong about this Dr.should report this to the medical department Washington DC>

October 1st, 2012
Doctor practise at Bay Pines
This is a good doctor,She is young with not much medical Exp.Not anough to treet Veterans with severe problems.Read her reveiws and you will only find one that has a good word for her.I can say she is a very nice person to me ,but I worry that she is not experience anough to treet my kind of condition,she does not think anough she never send any one out for a second Opion.

August 12th, 2012
This is not a Doctor.Something has to be done with her.

August 1st, 2012
This doctor should not practice medicine at Bay Pines.I will be in contact with the Dept of Veterans affairs in the near future.She is not a doctor she is a misfit.

July 19th, 2012
She is not a good Doctor.Does not deserve to be at Bay Pines.She is a Missfit.

April 30th, 2012
Ignorant and arrogant
Right away, without even talking to me, starts treating me with hostility. Treats me like a drug seeker, like a fake, talks TO me, not showing any compassion or consideration that I'm not one of 'those' people. I have a service connected, well documented cervical spinal cord injury with multiple surgeries, titanium plates, screws and donor bone, with another surgery on the way. I need pain meds in order to function. She tells me she doesn't believe in percocet and my only pain med, morphine, at a very low 90mg/day is maxed out and what I really need is counseling. After months of treating me like crap, leaving me in pain, she finally orders an x-ray that shows why I'm having so much pain, that my plates are moving and require surgical intervention. What does she do with this knowledge? tells me in a letter, leaves my med on the same inadequate level, lets me run out of morphine over a weekend because she was too busy to approve it via email before leaving for the weekend and that she would like to see me again in a few months. Needless to say I'm changing doctors and reporting her to everyone who will listen. She has no business practicing medicine or treating disabled vets. She needs to believe the science behind medications instead of personal feelings about it.

September 19th, 2011
World's BEST doctor
Dr Steimle's professionalism, bedside manner, and knowledge of medicine was impressive. I have no idea why people gripe about the VA - she is far superior to ANY doctor I have ever had in "private" practice.

August 11th, 2011
Patient X
Without question she is the worst physician I have ever had. I'd rather go to a vetrenarian than her. She gives the VA A bad name. She is arrrogant and confrontational and thinks she's better than her patients.