Family Physicians

Bay Pines Veterans Affairs Medical Center
10000 Bay Pines Blvd
Bay Pines, FL 33744
727-398-6661
Locations and availability (1)

1.5

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Jul 25th, 2014

I have read the other reviews and I am very surprised. I am a disabled vet myself but I don't think I am special. The reviewers that said she isn't qualified to handle disabled vets must think they are special and their problems are rare.. They are special as they are idiots. In over 20 years of being taken care of at Bay Pines, I have had only 1 bad Dr, 2 good ones and 1 great one. Dr Steimle is the best I have had. She takes the time to listen. THAT is rare. She has referred me to specialists as needed without delay. Most don't understand the care system. There are many things the VA could allow the primary care physician to treat but not allowed to. Even a simple boil is referred to a specialist. They can prescribe medication which covers a great deal of the patients but they mostly act like a triage. She is the best I have had that I can remember. A Doctor that listens is rare. A keeper.

Sep 25th, 2013

This is a good Doctor and a very nice person.I fell she is no good for the VA.First of all she does not have the experience to treat Disabled Veterans.And I do not fell she should be treating any veterans..But that is our VA for you. OUR VETERANS DESERVE THE BEST TREATMENT.

by No Name. on Jun 2nd, 2013

Dr.Steimle is a good doctor,just by the fact that she can put up with some of the veterans that come in to see her.I fell that she is trying very hard.How ever I do Fell very much that she can not handle her practise at Bay Pines do to the fact that she does not have experience to take care of Disabled Veterans.I will say she is a very nice person and for any body to say other wise is totally wrong.So any body out there that has any thing wrong about this Dr.should report this to the medical department Washington DC>

Apr 14th, 2013

I have to say she is a very nice person.As a Doctor she is not good.It should be against the law for having her serving our Veterans.She has made several mistakes with my self and I am looking forward of having her kick out of Bay Pines and any other VA medical senter.I really do think she could never practice on the private sector.I will be in Washington DC next month and we will see what can be done.THANK YOU.

|  Doctor practise at Bay Pines  |  show details
Oct 1st, 2012

This is a good doctor,She is young with not much medical Exp.Not anough to treet Veterans with severe problems.Read her reveiws and you will only find one that has a good word for her.I can say she is a very nice person to me ,but I worry that she is not experience anough to treet my kind of condition,she does not think anough she never send any one out for a second Opion.

Aug 12th, 2012

This is not a Doctor.Something has to be done with her.

Aug 1st, 2012

This doctor should not practice medicine at Bay Pines.I will be in contact with the Dept of Veterans affairs in the near future.She is not a doctor she is a misfit.

Jul 19th, 2012

She is not a good Doctor.Does not deserve to be at Bay Pines.She is a Missfit.

|  Ignorant and arrogant  |  show details
Apr 30th, 2012

Right away, without even talking to me, starts treating me with hostility. Treats me like a drug seeker, like a fake, talks TO me, not showing any compassion or consideration that I'm not one of 'those' people. I have a service connected, well documented cervical spinal cord injury with multiple surgeries, titanium plates, screws and donor bone, with another surgery on the way. I need pain meds in order to function. She tells me she doesn't believe in percocet and my only pain med, morphine, at a very low 90mg/day is maxed out and what I really need is counseling. After months of treating me like crap, leaving me in pain, she finally orders an x-ray that shows why I'm having so much pain, that my plates are moving and require surgical intervention. What does she do with this knowledge? tells me in a letter, leaves my med on the same inadequate level, lets me run out of morphine over a weekend because she was too busy to approve it via email before leaving for the weekend and that she would like to see me again in a few months. Needless to say I'm changing doctors and reporting her to everyone who will listen. She has no business practicing medicine or treating disabled vets. She needs to believe the science behind medications instead of personal feelings about it.

|  World's BEST doctor  |  show details
Sep 19th, 2011

Dr Steimle's professionalism, bedside manner, and knowledge of medicine was impressive. I have no idea why people gripe about the VA - she is far superior to ANY doctor I have ever had in "private" practice.

|  Patient X  |  show details
Aug 11th, 2011

Without question she is the worst physician I have ever had. I'd rather go to a vetrenarian than her. She gives the VA A bad name. She is arrrogant and confrontational and thinks she's better than her patients.