Dr. Jennifer Carandang MD Patient Reviews

• Internal Medicine Avon, OH

November 2nd, 2015
Didn't even make an appt
When I called I wanted to meet with this dr while I was pregnant, so that I could see what she was like before I brought my child to see her. The rude receptionist proceeds to tell me they don't do meet and greets at that office. Then abruptly hangs up on me. I don't understand why a parent can't do a meet and greet before their child is born so they can see who will seeing their child. Very rude and unprofessional.

March 14th, 2015
Best Primary Care Doctor I Have Ever Had!!!!
I've been seeing Dr. Carandang since I was 18 (im 27 now) and she is the best doctor I have ever had. She's very thorough, takes her time, and always listens. She is also very cautious and will run tests if she thinks something may be going on. She will do whatever it takes to find out whats wrong. Very smart. She always gets back to me with test results as soon as she gets them. I, myself work in the medical field so she is able to talk to me in our common language. I have met many terrible doctors and nurses in my career but Dr. Carandang and her staff are AMAZING!! I feel like I can run an opinion by her and instead of just flat out telling me i'm wrong, she'll ponder it for a minute and if it doesn't fit with what's going on, she'll explain her thinking. Never makes me feel like another stupid patient. Her staff is also wonderful. Betty and Betsy are terrific nurses and very lifely and outgoing. I always see them smile and laugh. I hope to be seeing Dr. Carandang until she retires!

December 9th, 2013
Dr. Carandang is thee best doctor! I would recommend her to anyone! Now my entire family goes to Doctor. That would be a total of 8 of us. THANK YOU DOCTOR CARANDANG FOR BEING YOU!

February 4th, 2013
first time mom
I wanted a pediatrician to care for my daughter first of all, but also for me as a first time mom. There is so much to learn and many concerns being a first time mom and wanting the best for your baby. Dr. Carrandang is not warm or friendly, she has never once called my daughter by her first name during a visit. She is short when answering my questions. I wanted a MD to have a relationship with me and my daughter, but this is not the MD for the job. Her receptionist is rude and crabby every single time I call or visit the office. The office also ran out of combo vaccinations for the first round of shots, making my daughter get 5 injections instead of 3. They did not inform me of the shortage until I was in the office faced with 5 needles that I questioned. I also have to make appointments months in advance and she does not have any days of the week where she is in the office prior to 8am and later than 3:30pm, making it impossible for my husband to attend check-ups since he works. I am disgusted with this experience and don't recommend her.

August 22nd, 2012
I don't go to her anymore (since ~2007) for the following reasons: - When I had an ovarian cyst, she asked if I had googled ovarian cysts on the web, then tried to refuse to tell me anything more about them. When pressed, she rolled her eyes and said, well, it might burst and cause you extreme pain, but you'll be fine. Telling patients to rely on the web for medical information is totally unacceptable from a doctor, and is what finally pushed me to leave her. I'd already been thinking about it for a while for the following reasons: - She more than once curled her lip when discussing my medical problems or care. (Once was when I asked for an HIV test because a boyfriend had previously engaged in higher-risk behavior. Once was when I asked what type of bacteria cause bladder infections and the answer was E. coli.) - When I asked about birth control options, she only told me about those options that she could provide, she didn't name or describe even briefly the ones that I'd need to see a gynocologist to get. (One of these turned out to be the most appropriate for me). - Although it's hard to judge this as a lay-person, she seemed to over-prescribe medical tests, a possible classic case of doctors over-prescribing things because they get paid for each test by the insurance companies. - At the time, her administrative support was awful. Eg I was once forgotten on hold for 45 minutes, and I was once signed up for an appointment at a time when she wasn't available. To be fair, the office was new at the time. - In order to get information like the results of tests, you had to leave a message for a nurse, who would then call you back at their convenience. Which was always at ~ 5-6 pm, a time when I was still at work and couldn't take calls. Once I finally gave up and decided I didn't need to know a test result *that* badly. In contrast, where I go now, the people who answer the phones are authorized to look up medical information right away, plus if you want, you can sign a form giving permission for them to leave medical information on voicemail particular numbers.

March 21st, 2012
Not impressed!!!!
Dr. Carandang was highly recommended from a family member, however I cannot pass the same on to anyone. I have several medical problems and she treated me as if I am a low life. I have never been treated so badly and her regard of my well being was lost with her better than thou attitude. This after being only seen twice by her. I will be seeking a new doctor!! She needs to go back for etiquette classes.

March 21st, 2012
Not a good Primary Care Physician if you are 55+ with multiple Diagnosis
Dr. Carandang came into the room with a very curt attitude and made smart comments when spoken to. She made referrals and discontinued medications without explaining why she chose to do so and was very confrontational when asked questions to explain the reasoning behind her actions. Dr. C stated, "I don't care what you think, I don't care what your other Dr. did, go back to that Dr. if you don't understand me here....I am a blood pressure kind of Dr. I can help you with your BP and cholesterol problems and you have alot of problems so be my guest and go back to him." Very unprofessional and abrasive. Pretty much said you have too many problems and I don't want to deal with you. Was not a friendly atmosphere and made more rude comments when became tearful. Highly do not recommend for the older adult with multiple diagnosis.