Dr. Jennifer Casey MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

3.4

November 13th, 2016
Wonderful balance of psychiatric care and patient centered therapy. Highly recommend.

November 9th, 2016
I have been a patient of Jen's for over 10 years. She helped me sort out a very difficult decision I had to make over a 5 year period. She is realistic, candid and has a great sense of humor. She never sugar coats anything. In any counseling situation you need to be open minded to what you are going to hear. She doesn't give you her opinions, she helps you form your own. Office setting is very confidential. Highly recommend.

October 12th, 2016
Dr Casey should lose her license!
Dr Casey has NO PROFESSIONAL BOUNDARIES and lets her own anxiety taint the treatment in incredibly destructive ways that are confusing to the patient. She invites codependency and seeks validation to compensate for her own deep insecurities as a person and professional. She needs a therapist more than her patients!!!

June 1st, 2016
Excellent
Dr. Casey listens, watches, and thinks. I am grateful for her knowledge and kindness and having a doctor that truly "sees" a patient is refreshing and effective. She helped me tremendously.

August 21st, 2015
Dr. Casey is a superb listener. She then offers feedback that is perceptive and helpful. She spends time with me and seems to know how to relieve the anxieties that I arrive with. She also gives me strategies to use in my everyday life. She is professional and kind.

August 13th, 2015
A refreshingly caring and highly professional mental health doctor.

February 12th, 2014
This doctor prescribed me the wrong dosage twice and did not understand how mail order pharmacies work. She would only write prescription for 1 month at a time, thus costing me 3 times what it should have. While she appeared to be attentive, she ended up not hearing me regarding what I needed from her (someone to manage my meds). This doctor will "drop" you if you do not follow her "suggestions". Rather than continuing to encourage me to seek counseling, (which I had already arranged) she dumped me. She would have known that if she had taken the time to ask rather than assume I wouldn't go and decide between appts that she was done with me. I am 60+ years old and have been in counseling on and off all my life. I know how it works and the emotional commitment involved. She also over-analyzed some things I talked to her about and made them into "issues" that were nothing more than normal annoyances in my life. She liked to tell me how I was feeling rather than the other way around. Having said all this, I was completely surprised when she told me I needed to find someone else to help me as I thought after the initial intake and a few check in visits that lasted way longer than the 15 minutes I was expecting she would start to simply manage my meds rather than judge me. Don't waste your time. She is way too quick to decide that "she can't help you".

April 15th, 2013
So glad I found her!
As an earlier person mentioned, it is critical that you and the doctor are a "good fit." I know from past experience that it is not always easy to find the right doctor for your particular needs. My former doctor retired and suggested that Dr. Casey would be a good fit for me and boy was he right! She has helped me soooo much. Dr. Casey really cares about her patients and has a remarkable memory for details from previous discussions. I was especially impressed that she actually thought about some of my issues outside of our appointments and on occasion called me to follow-up! I have high praise for her professionalism, her depth of knowledge and her manner of interacting with a patient. And finally, she also has a great sense of humor! I have recommended her to friends, but unfortunately she is not accepting new patients.

March 26th, 2013
Gave up on me.

August 24th, 2012
Unfortunately people are more likely to write a report (negative) if they don't click with a doctor. Liking or disliking a psychiatrist is tricky so I would suggest you don't go by the rating but try her yourself. If the match isn't there then try someone else. I don't usually rate things good or bad but I feel Dr. Casey is very caring and really has helped me so I suggest you give her a try.

May 25th, 2012
Is she still in business?
I left 2 messages on her voicemail to schedule an appointment and I never got a call back on either one. Apparently she's not practicing any more.

July 8th, 2009
Dr. Casey is the best!
I have seen many doctors for my depression, and not one of them comes close to Dr. Casey. She is very professional, caring and easy to talk to. I would recommend her.