Dr. Jennifer Hanauer MD Patient Reviews

Overall Review

November 30th, 2016
Very personable!! Lovely Dr.

November 20th, 2015
superb doctor, but.....
Dr. Hanauer is a wonderful doc. She comes off as very personable and compassionate. She has become increasingly popular over the years which is great for her business but bad for patients because of excessive wait times and overbooking. She is usually booked up 2-3 months in advance.....and the receptionists are quick to consult you with one of the PAs or nurses...even for serious medical concerns. The staff lack professionalism and they only care about collecting your copay. They do not call to give you reminders before your appointment but they regularly cancel your appointment (the doctor had an emergency....this happened at least 4 times during my pregnancy). Because I am so fond of Dr. Hanauer I've overlooked this but it's getting downright ridiculous. The staff and their incompetence is giving this place a bad rep and it doesn't help that the doctors are so elusive either......not to mention they don't always follow up with your diagnoses, etc. I hope they get it together or I'll be forced to find a new doctor

August 20th, 2013
Disappointed
I really liked Dr. Hanauer personally when I met her for a pregnancy consultation. However, there was a terrible lack of communication, disorganization, and bad attitudes among the office staff. When I came in for my next appointment, the doctor wasn't there, and no one had any accurate information about what kind of tests I was due for that day with the techs. Instead of apologizing for the error, the staff started scolding me for not knowing this myself. Then they started trying to guess what tests to do based on what was typical for my due date. It made me feel very nervous and uncared for. Unfortunately it made me lose confidence in the entire practice, even though the doctor seemed to have a lovely manner herself. Too bad.

June 25th, 2013
Love Her!
Dr. Hanauer is amazing. She has great bedside manner and is very calming. She handled my whole pregnancy and I am thankful for that. She takes her time and never rushes through appointments. She answers all of my questions and gives knowledgeable answers that I can understand. I never want to go to anyone else. The only issue is that she books up fast and it can be hard to get appointments with her.

February 20th, 2013
Disappointed
Only went to her twice, upon the recommendation of a relative. Takes way too long to get an appointment- when there is something wrong and you are not doing well, you should not have to wait months to see a doctor. This wasn't for a general check-up, and there should always be "emergency" appointment slots for those situations. Also, when someone finally gets an appointment with a doctor, they want to see THAT doctor, not get pawned off on an associate that they don't know (unless they're asked if it's ok beforehand). That's exactly what happened on my last visit- you get dumped into an office with a stranger (who was no great doctor, by the way)...no phone calls to follow up, no sense of caring. When I wanted my records forwarded to another doctor, they said I had to come in and get them, that they couldn't just fax them to the other office. Never had that before- always had doctors, dentists be able to fax over results and information to another doctor. Maybe I should have given it another chance with this doctor, but you know when something is off.

September 11th, 2012
Wow! I have to say, what an incredible physician. Great bedside manners. Do not feel rushed, all questions answered. Would highly recommend. Staff, appropriately pleasant for how busy the office is.

February 7th, 2012
Nicest Woman!
I had to get a LEEP done last summer. My mother was particularly worried and had many questions, and Dr. Hanauer had no problem meeting with us before the procedure to answer any questions we both had. She did so patiently, sweetly, and with wonderful explanation. Honestly one of the sweetest, most caring doctors I've ever had!

January 30th, 2012
I actually look forward to my annual exam because dr Hanauer is like visiting an old friend! Warm, caring, and makes you feel very comfortable! Can discuss anything as she has such a great bedside manner, highly recommend!

September 24th, 2010
The Best DR
Dr. Hanauer is a caring professional who is dedicated to helping her patients feel comfortable. I am a plus size mom to be and she has been so kind and respectful to me and my needs. the entire staff in her office are supportive and will answer any question I had. I love her!

February 19th, 2010
Very lucky to have found her. Dr. Hanauer is very patient and caring. You feel like you are her only patient. The wait can be a little long since she is so popular. I don't mind waiting and would never switch to another doctor. She delivered both my sons and I had wonderful care.

January 28th, 2010
Great person...way too many patients
I've been going to Dr. Hanauer for a few years and I've even recommended her to friends. However, I'm just fed up with her office and her three-five month appointment wait. It is absolutely ridiculous. I had a baby recently and only got to visit with her maybe twice. To say the least, she didn't end up delivering my baby (surprise, surprise). Recently, I found out I need to get a procedure done immediately and the earliest they could accomodate me was three and a half months in the future. Now, when something involves the possibility of cancer, I don't think someone should even suggest giving me an appointment three months from now. It is sad that she has no cushion room whatsoever for emergencies. It is obvious that she's taking on way too many patients. I've put up with this craziness long enough and am in the process of researching other practices on Long Island. I would definitely not recommend going to her (not to mention there are a few people on the staff there that are rude and short).

June 30th, 2009
staff can be difficult but i love the dr her waiting time is long but its because she answers all ur ?s i love her!!!