Dr. Jennifer Davis MD Patient Reviews

• Adolescent Medicine Capitola, CA

3.9

January 4th, 2017
Great if all you want is to be prescribed as many drugs as possible.
I went to Jennifer Davis as a teen, who had recently lost a good friend. My parents told her that I had been sad and had been getting angry lately. I told her that I had been getting angry because my abusive stepfather had been calling me names, telling me to grow up and throwing me around for crying about my friend. She stared at me blankly and proceeded to prescribe Depression, Bipolar, and ADHD medications without a care as to what I said. She definitely could have cared less about my well being, and had zero interest in finding the root of the issues. I would never recommend Dr. Davis to anyone, ever.

May 3rd, 2015
Dr. Davis has a disturbing lack of knowledge as well as an unpleasant manner.

July 9th, 2012
Dr. Jennifer Davis
I have been a patient of Dr. Davis for about 3 years. She is a wonderful professional woman who seems to genuinely care about me. We've worked together on my medicines, and she would never push a medication on me. We always discuss the pros and cons of each and every option. I went through a really bad time with depression, and she was with me all the way. I trust Dr. Davis very much.My therapist holds her in high regard, and tells me that she is admired and trusted by various other professionals in her field in Santa Cruz Cruz county and elsewhere.Sometimes she seems tired, (maybe because a she high caseload through her reputation). Sometimes she seems just a little detached, but that may because she's also raising a family. This has only been a more recent development. Anyway, I highly recommend her.

September 14th, 2011
Good therapist, poor physician
Dr. Davis is very personable, intelligent, and often insightful in personal issues. She is also extremely confident in her medical ability, but that confidence is unwarranted.Her lack of medical skill and understanding has had serous negative consequences for me. She started me on Klonopin and prescribed it (around 4.5 mg/day) for 4 years. When I was ready to stop using it, I worked with her to create a taper schedule. She approved a rapid discontinuation, 4.5 mg per day to zero, in less than two months. I experienced severe and disabling withdrawal symptoms for more than a year. I did not know until much later, when I saw a different doctor, that these severe symptoms were caused by this withdrawal. I had frequent appointments with Dr. Davis where I told her repeatedly about my symptoms (including getting almost no sleep for months, a constant loud ringing in my ears, and one event which was probably a seizure). She never told me these problems could have been caused by Klonopin withdrawal. She attributed it all to anxiety even though Id seen her regularly for years and I had never had symptoms anything like this previously. She even had me on and then very rapidly back off Klonopin during this withdrawal period as a way to try to handle my severe sleep problems; I can now see that this only made things much, much worse. Dr. Davis did at times prove to be an exceptional therapist. Unfortunately for me, our therapy relationship was completely undermined by her lack of medical knowledge and ability.

April 19th, 2011
Dr. Davis is an excellent Psychiatrist
Incisive; compassionate; excellently trained; etc

February 9th, 2011
We had 3 visits with the Dr. Davis. Dr. Davis did 90% of the talking and my teen probably said two sentences. From this information, three medications were suggested for him. From three sentences? If she asked questions that were not yes or no, she would have gleaned much more information about my child.

July 4th, 2010
Caring and professional
Dr Davis was "assigned" to me when I was being treated at a student health clinic, and after I graduated I followed her to private practice because it's hard to find a good psychiatrist, especially if you are picky about wanting your doctor to be a woman. (I am describing my experience being treated by her in her private practice.) Dr Davis was knowledgeable, she kept up-to-date, and I appreciated that she acknowledged that I was an intelligent person who simply wasn't trained in her field, but who could understand things if they were explained to me (she was never patronizing) and she respected my opinion. If I said I did or didn't want to take a medication, she paid attention. She never just loaded me up with strong or dangerous meds the way some psychiatrists do (I've been there). Also, she was super accessible: I was coming off of a medication and it caused me to have severe anxiety, so I paged her, and she called me back promptly, asked me a couple questions, said she'd call in an anti-anxiety prescription to the pharmacy...and then calmly mentioned that she was in the hospital having a baby, so wouldn't be available for a few hours (!!!). That blew me away. She's a nice woman with an understanding demeanor and I would recommend her to anyone, especially teenage girls and young women.

May 20th, 2010
Good doctor
Dr. D is an exceptional Psychiatrist, in that she comes across as a human being as apposed to a medication dispensing machine. I know her as a fellow Professional. She is collaborative in her approach to treating children.

January 18th, 2009
The Best
Dr. Davis is amazing. Expensive but worth it. She takes ample time discussing issues and doesn't rush to a diagnosis. She always informs you about medications she wants to prescribe and works with you in every aspect of your treatment, including any resistance you may have.