Dr. Jennifer Kimble MD Patient Reviews

• Gastroenterology San Diego, CA

August 26th, 2016
Gi
Dr. Kimble can be direct. She is kind and very knowledgeable. She is well educated and is very thorough. I do recommend her to everyone. Even with extremely difficult cases she does her best which is amazing

February 2nd, 2016
A snarky unprofessional who missed the Bedside Manner lecture in Med School. While I waited, hooked up for a half hour for an endoscopy and her staff kept saying "Where's Kimball?", she shows up with an attitude and blurted out a comment that even had her coworkers rolling their eyes....thing is, I will never have to see her again and her will not be able to.

November 13th, 2015
Not sure why she's a doctor?
I've seen two GI physicians at this Garfield medical office. I saw Kimble first after getting a GI reference. I had a neutral opinion of her after my first encounter with her. My parent recommended that I see Costanza because she had seen him prior and thought he was "good." That guy was extremely rude to me on a couple of occasions, but I took it and just followed their work up. I finally got fed up after my fourth visit with Costanza and decided why am I doing this to myself? I go back to see Kimble and she exhibited very, very bad bedside manner with me. She questions me on why I'm seeing her now after have been seen by the other physician several times. Fair enough question. She went through my medications and was surprised to learn I was prescribed brand name Nexium and devoted a couple of minutes of conversation to that item out of a 15 or so min consult. She would go on to go through the rest of the meds and eat up a good 1/3 of the consult there. She said "your insurance shouldn't be covering it. Who prescribed it to you?" and went on to say "Well, you're going to be seeing a bill for it later." Uhm. Excuse me? Aren't you supposed to be a doctor and not an auditor? I was really taken aback by that exchange. I went through my list of severe symptoms that had still been ongoing and for the most not resolved or managed -- she seemed completely uninterested. I said something to the effect 'I think I might have esphagaitis because my throat is constantly burning and I'm regurgitating' -- no response. Didn't bother to give me a differential or treatment plans. Almost no eye contact. She couldn't even pretend to put on a positive demeanor for me. She looked like she was dreading having me in her room and she couldn't be bothered to hide it. After pressing her for more investigations, she offered to find me a spot in her busy schedule for an endoscopy. I must have no self esteem because I accepted a time slot. Days later after letting the encounter sink in, I canceled it, and never returned.

June 17th, 2015
Takes the "CARE" out of Healthcare.
I was told she was running 30 mins behind when I checked in which was fine. However, when the nurse called my name and started taking me to prep for sedation and a surgery...I had to notify her that I was only there for a consultation. She didn't believe me and wanted to argue that I was indeed there for surgery. I was very rattled by this being that I already have a fear of hospitals anyway. I was put in a room to wait another 20 mins. When the Dr. arrived she was snappy and rude. There wasn't a hint of compassion or care. I think she thinks I was mad about the wait. When really I was upset by almost getting bullied into a mystery surgery that wasn't for me. (Which I believe I had a right to be upset.) I tried to listen but she doesn't. After I had enough of her attitude I asked her to stop talking to me like I am a child. She followed that with squinting her eye at me and that was it. I left with no information or help. I would think that being a doctor you might at least be able to pretend that you like people. That was clearly not the case.

April 12th, 2014
Unprofessional and rude
Dr. Jennifer Kimble is the patient's nightmare. Appointment wait time 1 hour and 15 min. Dr. Kimble was rude and unprofessional. Could not diagnose my simple problem. Has lack of listening skills. Prescribed wrong treatment.

December 26th, 2013
Gi
Brilliant doctor she treats me kindly and is always accurate with my diagnosis