Feb 10th, 2014

This was my most memorable doctors appointment ever because it was hands down the worst . I am 42 and have three children and actually do home healthcare . Needless to say , I have seen may share of doctors. The visit started with her asking why my 14 year old daughter and I were there . I opened my mouth to speak and was told I was not her patient and she only takes history from the patient and if she needed any information from me, she would ask. The was also the high point of our visit . It ended with her commenting on my daughters " a** crack " and then making her cry. I could give you all the gory details, but I feel the highlights are enough . I was speechless, I almost felt like a crew with a camera was going to jump out and say your on candid camera ( for the younger crowd it's like being punked). This visit left me completely speechless and of course looking for a new surgeon . Based on my daughters age and the fact that we have no history of cancer she did not believe that any testing or follow up was required . I found that statement biazare as all 4 of my grandparents, my parents and my uncle who was younger then I now am died of cancer. If I get into her fathers family history it's much like mine - plenty of cancer .Of course this is the conclusion she came to based on a history given by a 14 year old patient . Not to mention the fact that my daughters primary care doctor thought we needed to see a surgeon . What really makes me angry is we paid for this treatment. Save yourself the experience and find another doctor .

Surgery show details Surgery
May 3rd, 2013

I went to Dr. Kirk for surgery for an umbilical hernia. I had planned to wait as long as possible to schedule the surgery because I wasn't prepared to face my first surgery and I am, generally, a procrastinator. From the first visit, when she personally came to get me from the waiting room after a less than 5 minute wait, Dr. Kirk assuaged my fears through a clear and personal explanation of what was wrong, how it could be fixed and what to expect from scheduling to recovery. She has such a great personality, I scheduled the appointment for surgery right then. I had the surgery within a week. The care far exceeded my expectations - it was quick, I remember nothing of the actual surgery due to a great anesthesiologist, and Dr Kirk personally spoke to my family to keep them updated after the surgery. My initial recovery from the aches and pains lasted all of 1-2 days without pain killers. I rarely write reviews but felt I should pass along the good word about Dr. Kirk in case anyone else is researching for doctors and feeling the same way I did before surgery. Best wishes!

Feb 22nd, 2012

Excellent surgeon; great personal touch with her patients. I'd recommend her to anyone.

Feb 20th, 2012

Excellent surgeon, I could't have had better under the emergency situation. I would highly recommend her to anyone considering surgery at CDH. Marshal Rogers

Jan 22nd, 2012

I don't believe I've ever seen a surgeon with such a personal rapport with patients. Unbelievably nice and caring, long after surgery. Did a great job.