Dr. Jennifer Avila MD Patient Reviews

• Emergency Medicine San Diego, CA

3.0

July 14th, 2015
incompetentence
I went to the ER with 10 out of 10 abdominal pain with continuous dry heaves. Dr Jennifer Kiss ordered a pelvic ultrasound saw nothing, gave me some Vicodin for pain, and then sent me home. A day later I went back to the same ER in shock, fully hard and distended hard belly, temperature of 90, and in sepsis. The attending ER doctor ordered CT scan, in which showed severe small bowel obstruction and lots of free fluid. I was in emergency surgery 10 hours over 50% of my small bowel removed because it was necrosis. In ICU I had more free fluid coming out of the sutures so I went back for a second surgery in which 30% more of my small bowed removed and part of my stomach. I had full organ failure. I had DIC which the clot was in my left kidney which I would eventually lose completely. I was in a medically induced coma for a month in the ICU. I spent another month on the general floor learning to get up from my bed, go to the bathroom, eat food again, and how to walk again. I spent another 5 months at home bound. I had various procedures on my kidneys. I have chronic illness for the rest of my life due to this catastrophic event all because Jennifer Kiss ordered a pelvic ultrasound and sent me home when I should of emergency surgery right then and there.

July 14th, 2015