3.0

Some ratings provided by DrScore.
Almost aborted my 4 year old show details Almost aborted my 4 year old
by Crushed Mom on Jun 21st, 2015

I went to Dr. Ferguson about five years ago when I found out I was pregnant and subsequently having a miscarriage. I was prescribed cytotec. I was told I could try again after my next period, which I did. I became pregnant again about two months later and went to confirm my pregnancy. Without being examined or any blood tests run, I was told it was the same miscarriage and they prescribed cytotec and told me to take it today. I asked for blood tests to test my levels. They agreed, but said I still needed to take the cytotec. I asked why they didn't want to wait until the test results came back to see if my levels were up/confirm if a new pregnancy. They said I could wait if I wanted to, so I did. A week later they confirmed it was a new pregnancy. Had I taken the cytotec, I would NOT have my 4 year old today. Against my better judgement, I gave her the benefit of the doubt and stayed with her though my pregnancy. I was judged the entire time - I went to the ED because I was having major stomach cramps and because of my history of miscarriage, I wanted to be evalauted. She threatened to discharge me because I did not call her first for the ok to go to the ED (I was never told I had to do this - it was still early in my pregnancy). I was accused of missing an appointment, which was never scheduled. I never knew what I was going to get at an appointment - either she would be okay or she would be cold and when I asked questions, I was told I needed to take a class and educate myself (I was open to taking classes, but didn't think my questions were that far-fetched for her to answer). When I went into labor, thankfully DeEtte, the midwife, delivered my child. She was kind, patient, and encouraging. Dr. Ferguson had to be called because I hemorrhaged afterwards. She reportedly (according to family and friends in the room) came in and told them to make sure I did not get pregnant again. I thought - surely, they misunderstood. She must have meant to make sure I didn't get pregnant until cleared post-partum. I was discharged from Vidant and began having breathing problems two days later. I called her office and she said it was not a pregnancy issue. So I went to the ED. Come to find out, I lost so much blood postpartum that I had to be given two blood transfusions. I was also told I had postpartum cardiomyopathy and fluid in my lungs. I was told just a few days after giving birth that I was in heart failure all due to my labor. I went to a cardiologist within a week and was told I did not in fact have heart failure, but they had given me so much fluid immediately after my delivery that it had backed up into my lungs and caused my heart to enlarge/work extra. They gave me lasix and I was fine - no chronic issues, no postpartum cardiomyopathy, no heart failure. It was, by far, the scariest time in my life. I will NEVER EVER go back. I love DeEtte, but I gave Dr. Ferguson too many chances. If you decide to go to her, be on your game.

Needs Improvement show details Needs Improvement
Mar 28th, 2015

I was made to feel very uncomfortable and like something was wrong with me by this physician. She made me feel like she was doing me a favor by staying to answer my questions during my visit. I felt judged (and I was offered antidepressants at my very first appointment) because I did not display the cheerful disposition they thought a mother-to-be should be displaying. I was weight shamed after finally gaining weight in my last trimester. My appointment for a 3D ultrasound was botched because a scheduler had the wrong information on what week it was to be done, so my window of opportunity passed. When I politely expressed my feelings to this provider she was argumentative, defensive and condescending. I was offered no apology, more of a "I'm sorry you feel that way" and told I could find another doctor if I wanted to. Wow.... She was the only in-network provider in Greenville so I initially felt like I had no choice but to stay. But after the way I was spoken to I opted to drive down to Raleigh for all of my OB appointments, at least there I didn't have to wait 45 mins to be seen.

Huge disappointent show details Huge disappointent
Dec 14th, 2014

I have seen this dr before & last visits she was in & out in a flash. No time for questions or concerns. When I had a vagnal d/c, instead of doing wet prep, for a diagnosis, she said the sample had to be sent to a lab for testing. Therefore I had to wait a week for dx & tx. I had already dx myself having had problem before.All these necsary tests whick cased insurance to have pay more. I believe this is a reason insurance rates increase so much.I will definitely see another DR.

Apr 19th, 2013

Dr. ferguson is a wonderful doctor and surgeon. I trusted her for both obstetrical care and a hysterectomy. She is thorough and kind. I would happily recommend her to any of my family or friends.

Sep 19th, 2012

The best doctor I have ever had! Dr. Ferguson delivered both of my last two babies - the last delivery was a complicated one and she provided excellent prenatal care, expert crisis care for me in the OR and expert follow-up after delivery. Her knowledge, skills, and compassion are second to none!

Aug 30th, 2012

Dr. Ferguson delivered my child more than three years ago. She earned my trust completely. She never talked down to me; she was always thorough. I recommend her without any hesitation.

Dont go show details Dont go
Jul 25th, 2012

Chose a doctor that really care, I stop going to her after she gave me poor medical advice. When i got a second opionion they wanted to know why I was referral to them.

HORRIBLE Experience! show details HORRIBLE Experience!
Aug 9th, 2011

For the past 3 years, I've suffered with chronic pelvic pain. I went to Dr. Ferguson to find the root of the problem and receive appropriate treatment. After what I went through, I wish I would have gone somewhere else. She "suspected" I had endometriosis, but refused to do a diagnostic laparoscopy to confirm it..even when I asked for it. She said going under anesthesia would be too risky! (I'm a 29 yr old HEALTHY female- HELLO?!) Instead, she gave me Lupron (hormone injections) to treat endometriosis, a condition she wasn't even sure I had. When I told her I was still in pain, she told me the medicine needed more time to work. I had been on it for 9 months by that time and still had unbelievable pain. Finally...I gave up and went to Duke Medical. Their GYN surgeon diagnosed me with interstitial cystitis which is a very painful bladder disease. Because of her failure to diagnose me, my bladder was so inflamed that the Duke GYN had to scrape out the entire lining. I will be on medication for YEARS to rebuild it. Had she been competent enough to treat my condition, I wouldn't be so bad off. NEVER again...and I hope my story saves someone else from suffering!!

Would Not Recommend show details Would Not Recommend
May 31st, 2011

Rushed check-upLimited attentiveness to careOverall Unprofessional attitudeChoose only if you want to be brushed off & to receive inappropriate health care!

Former pt and nurse show details Former pt and nurse
Mar 7th, 2011

I work with Dr Ferguson on occasion, and have the privilege of being her pt. She is extremely professional and caring. I had many doctors to choose from, but I wanted the best! She started out as a Surgical resident, and then moved on to OB. She is precise and thorough. I have never heard a bad word from other patients. And I would never expect any problems like a previous poster expressed. If you want one on one attention, and a small caring office, this is the place for you to go!

Sep 22nd, 2010

She delivered my first child after a miscarriage. She was very nervous with me and my husband which should have been a red flag.My child was due around a holiday and she rushed to induce me after I was only 1 cm(suspected because she was going out of town) and I ended up with a c-section(likely because my body just wasnt ready).I labored for 23hrs and then couldn't take it anymore and my baby was getting stressed.When getting ready for the c-section, she forgot to call the Peds doctor!My child came out not breathing and his 1 min apghar was 0 so she asked a friend who was VISITING to help out!!! My husband noticed that she didn't clean me well as she rushed to do the procedure. She put me on 4 antibiotics around and after delivery and I got thrush(surprise surprise) but she said I couldn't have it because I didn't have HIV(WTH?) and she wouldn't call anything in.So her partner,who was wonderful, had to treat me days later when she left for vacation (when he was seeing me for my WOUND INFECTION.) I looked thru her hospital notes months later and she made comments about my exam after delivery. We found it quite unusual because we both commented that she did NOT touch me when she came in the room to check on me the next day.This leaves her medical judgement and honesty in question, I feel she doesn't deal with medical crisises well and I definitely canNOT recommend her. I am just very thankful my child turned out OK.

there is no better than her! show details there is no better than her!
by former CWP pt on Sep 12th, 2010

dr ferguson was my OB doc for our second baby and i can not say enough good things about her. she made me feel like i was her only pt, her care is very individualized and respectful. i enjoyed her down-to-earth approach, and her expertize is very clearly evident in her practice. baby & i are were in excellent hands the whole way, i am sad that because i've moved - i'll no longer get to be her pt!

Great Physician show details Great Physician
Aug 30th, 2010

Recently had an endometrial ablation...could have not asked for any more. Very compassionate and caring, great staff. Would highly recommend

Jun 28th, 2008

Dr. Ferguson is an excellent MD. She made me feel like, I was her only patient throughout my pregnancy. Hands down the best OB.GYN.